2022 East Coast Coleman Collectors Convention XIV Gettysburg PA June 8-12, 2022

Here is where to post any Gathering/Get-together information & pictures of your gathering thread! Be sure to add it to the calendar too.
GaryColeman

2022 East Coast Coleman Collectors Convention XIV Gettysburg PA June 8-12, 2022

Post by GaryColeman »

Smoked BBQ dinners and event T-shirts are available now for preorder! Please see newest posts for info.

Attention, East Coasters! This is the official thread of the 2022 East Coast Coleman Collectors Club Convention #14!

You are cordially invited to attend! It will again be held at the Artillery Ridge Campground in Gettysburg, PA. https://www.artilleryridge.com/about/park-map-2/

Official dates are June 8-12. 2022. You may certainly come earlier and stay later. First arrival gets a prize (fake news).

TENT SITES ARE STILL $8.00 PER PERSON, PER NIGHT. THIS GETS YOU A 12' X 24' spot for your group's tent and EZ Up. NO ELECTRIC, NO WATER ON YOUR SITE!

To be fair to others, please do not set up a circus tent for $8.00 per night.

Sale and trade tables are welcome. Please bring your own folding tables. We need all picnic tables for group dinners.

Call the campground to reserve your site! Due to a reconfiguration of the campground, we are now tenting in the Group Tent Area. We will be based in that tent area. We will have that entire area, so don't bother requesting one site, we will fill that entire area.

Go on their website and open the "park map". On the far right side of the map, you will see the "Group Tent Area". It is bigger than it looks.

Tent group area is just $8.00 per person, per night. For this price, you'll be in a group area and your vehicle cannot stay on these sites, but can be parked nearby.

WHEN YOU CALL TO BOOK, BE SURE TO TELL THEM YOU ARE WITH THE COLEMAN CLUB! This will get you the $8.00 rate (tenters only).

If you are tenting and would like water and electric on your site or must have your vehicle on site, please book a RV water/electric site.

If you have a RV, request a site with appropriate hookups that you desire.

NOTE, Sites 415, 416 and 417 are already booked for 2022, so you will not be able to steal their electric in 2022.

Except for the campground costs, there are no fees or admission to attend this event. No membership is required in the East Coast Coleman Collectors Club.

No membership or dues are required to attend, however, we DEMAND that you follow the simple rules set down by the campground and our club while attending the gathering!

Please buy a ECCCCC14 T-shirt when they become available in 2022, to help defray incidental costs.

Please bring your own tables for display and fettling. Picnic tables will be shared for group dining in the group tenting area.

ATTENTION RVers: Please book sites in the 400 area to be close to the action!

Cabins with A/C are available to rent.

Shirts are ready to pre-order online!
2022 ECCCC Gettysburg shirts are ready to order online! Shirts range from $12 for T-shirts to $31 for sweatshirts. Many colors and tie dyed are available. This year, you may ship it to your door for $6.95, or pick it up in Gettysburg for no additional fee.
The inspiration for this year’s design; a group of collectors, under the leadership of a General Duke, have done a late night march to the battlefield and posed their lanterns with several statues (yes, we know our lanterns were not invented until 50 plus years after the battle!)!

https://www.customink.com/g/aax0-00ck-5c7g

You may order if you are not attending, just add home shipping.

Last edited by GaryColeman on Tue May 03, 2022 2:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
I.C.C.C. #1035
Formerly known as Lake George
CCF member since July, 2010
Current Premier of the E.C.C.C.C.
What good shall I do this day?
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Re: 2022 East Coast Coleman Collectors Convention XIV Gettysburg PA June 8-12, 2022

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

Woo Hoo!
Thank you Gary for putting this together!
Along with anyone else who makes this happen.
Thank you!
Kevin

(The Dude from Rottenchester)

To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

After awhile, you can work on points for style!

ICCC # 1865
brucesheehe
Super Colemanaholic
Title: ECCENTRIC BLOCKHEAD

Re: 2022 East Coast Coleman Collectors Convention XIV Gettysburg PA June 8-12, 2022

Post by brucesheehe »

I have site #405 for the week.
Bruce Sheehe, aka ECCENTRIC BLOCKHEAD
ICCC #889 - Connoisseur of Time, Friends, Leisure, & Coleman   Altoona, PA - The Mountain City - Near The Eastern USA Continental Divide
mowgod
Colemanaholic

Post by mowgod »

We will be tbere again ill be booking our site soon. Cant wait and I promise no flaming thermos lanterns
Phil
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

>>I promise no flaming thermos lanterns

There goes the entertainment.
-Jim

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it.
mowgod
Colemanaholic

Post by mowgod »

JimL wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:48 pm >>I promise no flaming thermos lanterns

There goes the entertainment.

Yup not dealing with that B.S. again
Phil
brucesheehe
Super Colemanaholic

Post by brucesheehe »

You will have to dress your son in fireman's attire! He saved your butt!
ICCC #889 - Connoisseur of Time, Friends, Leisure, & Coleman   Altoona, PA - The Mountain City - Near The Eastern USA Continental Divide
mowgod
Colemanaholic

Post by mowgod »

Yea he sure did
Phil
MackGoose

Post by MackGoose »

Hey I am just wondering. I want to attend one of these events and am wondering how many people attend? What goes on during the event (Obviously tom foolery and I assume tasting of alcohol drinks). Can anyone offer some insight to a newbie.
ICCC #2128
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

>>how many people attend?

As many that have the opportunity to make it. By that, I mean some folks prior commitments get in the way.

>>Obviously tom foolery and I assume tasting of alcohol drinks

If you choose to drink, that's ok, but these gatherings are not a drinking party. Although some folks will enjoy their beverages, it's generally not out in the open and obnoxious. These are lots of families with children that attend.

What can you expect? First, you'll make new friends. Then at the next gathering, it'll be a reunion with the old friends and again making new ones. Think of these as gatherings of like minded people. And let's not forget that you will be blown away at the the classic GPA's that you didn't even know existed. Then there's the trading and sales that go on. You'll want to bring extra cash for those items you weren't even aware that you just had to have.

Make it to one and you will understand. Then you'll want to attend every one within driving distance and that your schedule allows.
-Jim

mowgod
Colemanaholic

Post by mowgod »

JimL wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:15 pm >>how many people attend?

As many that have the opportunity to make it. By that, I mean some folks prior commitments get in the way.

>>Obviously tom foolery and I assume tasting of alcohol drinks

If you choose to drink, that's ok, but these gatherings are not a drinking party. Although some folks will enjoy their beverages, it's generally not out in the open and obnoxious. These are lots of families with children that attend.

What can you expect? First, you'll make new friends. Then at the next gathering, it'll be a reunion with the old friends and again making new ones. Think of these as gatherings of like minded people. And let's not forget that you will be blown away at the the classic GPA's that you didn't even know existed. Then there's the trading and sales that go on. You'll want to bring extra cash for those items you weren't even aware that you just had to have.

Make it to one and you will understand. Then you'll want to attend every one within driving distance and that your schedule allows.

Jim you said it I bring my kids and they have a blast my son even ended up a collector in 2019 after walking around looking at all the lanterns and receiving a Jc Higgins from a generous attendee to start his collection he's already for 2022 as am I so come on out and meet some new people and have a good time
Phil
Tim_Brantley

Post by Tim_Brantley »

Nice! Not far from Gettysburg. Look forward to checking it out!
“You can only find truth with logic if you have already found truth without it.”
Tim_Brantley

Post by Tim_Brantley »

Booked site 407. Looks like my wife and I will be spending a few days/nights in Gettysburg. We usually just go for the day, looking forward to it!
“You can only find truth with logic if you have already found truth without it.”
GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

This convention is about comradery, friendship, lanterns (and all other GPA) and good food. I have met some of the kindest people I know at these gatherings! We urge anybody within driving range of Gettysburg to attend. You will not regret it!
I.C.C.C. #1035
mowgod
Colemanaholic

Post by mowgod »

266 days and counting as per louie's count down he's counting down the days and is looking forward to a great time again
Phil
GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

Enjoy the beautiful autumn! ECCCCC14 is just a few months away.
I.C.C.C. #1035
GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

Merry Christmas, East Coasters. Just a reminder to make your reservations for the 14th annual ECCCC, as soon as possible
I.C.C.C. #1035
Gasman64
Super Colemanaholic
Title: Gaseous Maximus

Post by Gasman64 »

Five months to go; I'm on a new work schedule that is conducive to long weekends..... :D
Steve
SE Pennsylvania
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.
brucesheehe
Super Colemanaholic

Post by brucesheehe »

I hope the campground renovations are complete this year.

It should not affect us at the back of the campground.

The website states that the new pool, splash pad and mini golf are complete.
Mister_Wilson
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Mister_Wilson »

Cool! We can have a light up at the splash pad in our speedos 8-)
John
H.C. Lanterns dealer
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #2001 A Turd's Odyssey
Canadian Blues #028
Coleman Slant Saver #31
Looking for my 6-56 Birthday lantern, anything 6-56!
There's been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about.
mowgod
Colemanaholic

Post by mowgod »

Mister_Wilson wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:49 pm Cool! We can have a light up at the splash pad in our speedos 8-)
Yo easy there with the speedos we want to be aloud back not banned for life
Phil
Mister_Wilson
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Mister_Wilson »

mowgod wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:25 pm
Mister_Wilson wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:49 pm Cool! We can have a light up at the splash pad in our speedos 8-)
The group picture would be classic, eh? :lol:
John
H.C. Lanterns dealer
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #2001 A Turd's Odyssey
Canadian Blues #028
Coleman Slant Saver #31
Looking for my 6-56 Birthday lantern, anything 6-56!
There's been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about.
mowgod
Colemanaholic

Post by mowgod »

Mister_Wilson wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:29 pm
mowgod wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:25 pm
The group picture would be classic, eh? :lol:
Yea till the camera lens shatters and the photographer tosses there cookies
Phil
MackGoose

Post by MackGoose »

I should reclarify my Tom Foolery and drinking question. I meant that Tom Foolery by stories told. I like to hear others stories of who/what/where/when they found their favorite lanterns. Also the alcohol was a question of enjoying a drink (responsibly) around a fire or gathering and NOT being obnoxious or showing signs of a drunk. I would love to attend one and expand my knowledge. Youtube can only show me so much. I hope that clarifies my question.
ICCC #2128
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

MackGoose wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:48 pm I should reclarify my Tom Foolery and drinking question. I meant that Tom Foolery by stories told. I like to hear others stories of who/what/where/when they found their favorite lanterns. Also the alcohol was a question of enjoying a drink (responsibly) around a fire or gathering and NOT being obnoxious or showing signs of a drunk. I would love to attend one and expand my knowledge. Youtube can only show me so much. I hope that clarifies my question.
Yes, yes, yes. You’re on the correct track. It’s like a three day or longer family camping trip. With the most relaxed members of your family. Some attendees imbibe others don’t.
Thank you!
Kevin

ICCC # 1865
mowgod
Colemanaholic

Post by mowgod »

MackGoose wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:48 pm I should reclarify my Tom Foolery and drinking question. I meant that Tom Foolery by stories told. I like to hear others stories of who/what/where/when they found their favorite lanterns. Also the alcohol was a question of enjoying a drink (responsibly) around a fire or gathering and NOT being obnoxious or showing signs of a drunk. I would love to attend one and expand my knowledge. Youtube can only show me so much. I hope that clarifies my question.

Hey just come on out you'll have a great time and bring an empty car and plenty of cash and get there like wed am and stay till sun so you get the best deals as people come and go all weekend
Phil
MackGoose

Post by MackGoose »

I am thinking about it. I have a small camper and will need to decide in the next couple of weeks.
ICCC #2128
mowgod
Colemanaholic

Post by mowgod »

If you use your camper make sure your in the back with the rest of us it's a hike up to the front hope to see you there
Phil
MackGoose

Post by MackGoose »

mowgod wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:34 am If you use your camper make sure your in the back with the rest of us it's a hike up to the front hope to see you there
Can I ask what site numbers that would be near? Don't need anyone's specific site number?
ICCC #2128
mowgod
Colemanaholic

Post by mowgod »

MackGoose wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:40 am
mowgod wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:34 am If you use your camper make sure your in the back with the rest of us it's a hike up to the front hope to see you there
Can I ask what site numbers that would be near? Don't need anyone's specific site number?

I'm not sure of the numbers but we are all the way in the back of the park if you call the camp ground they will know when you tell them your with us
Phil
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

MackGoose wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:40 am
From post one
Plus there’s more info in the post about the group tenting area and the camp ground map!

“ ATTENTION RVers: Please book sites in the 400 area to be close to the action!”
Thank you!
Kevin

ICCC # 1865
GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

Hi, folks. Yes, if you have a trailer, shoot for the 400 section. It was almost full the last time I checked.
I.C.C.C. #1035
mcdugal2
Super Colemanaholic

Post by mcdugal2 »

Finally got around to making my reservation.. I have either site 401 or site 402... Arriving on the 8th, leaving on the 12th...
Phil Rhoades ICCC# 1125
The Coleman Blue's 243's. #035
"I'm a man, but I can Change, if I have to, I guess." - Red Green
MackGoose

Post by MackGoose »

mcdugal2 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:05 pm Finally got around to making my reservation.. I have either site 401 or site 402... Arriving on the 8th, leaving on the 12th...
You have 402, I just reserved 401. My daughter and I will be arriving on the 9th and leaving on the 12th.

This is my first convention type event as I am a novice collector. Hopefully it's good weather.
ICCC #2128
dwconoly

Post by dwconoly »

We are booked and heading from Georgia. Somewhere in the 400’s is our RV site. Looking forward to a great time!
Don and Betsy
Don Conoly
GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

Great to hear! We are in the 400 section also, next to Bruce and Lem. You will see my “Welcome” table set up. Please stop, check in and say hello.
I.C.C.C. #1035
lynn225
Colemanaholic

Post by lynn225 »

Reservation made in the group tent area! I'll arrive on Thursday and stay through Sunday. I expect my grandson to be with me for some or all of the time. I have visited this convention as a day trip since 2018, this will be my first time camping with the group. :cf_camp2:
Lynn Klingel
Huntingdon, PA

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ACC,#3

All your lantern are belong to us.
You have no chance to survive make your time.

Coleman Blues 243's  #137
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0218
Mil-SpecOps #0218
brucesheehe
Super Colemanaholic

Post by brucesheehe »

10 weeks to go!
maddawg308

Post by maddawg308 »

New job this year with 6-day work weeks, I will be going to visit everyone on Saturday but not camping this year. Looking forward to it, though!
Mike, maddawg308
Mil-SpecOps #762
Bernz-O-Matic Appreciation Club #762
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the night. 
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

2022 ECCCC Gettysburg shirts are ready to order online! Shirts range from $12 for T-shirts to $31 for sweatshirts. Many colors and tie dyed are available. This year, you may ship it to your door for $6.95, or pick it up in Gettysburg for no additional fee.
The inspiration for this year’s design; a group of collectors, under the leadership of a General Duke, have done a late night march to the battlefield and posed their lanterns with several statues (yes, we know our lanterns were not invented until 50 plus years after the battle!)!

https://www.customink.com/g/aax0-00ck-5c7g

You may order if you are not attending, just add home shipping.
I.C.C.C. #1035
GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

Many colors available!

I.C.C.C. #1035
Wcpedorc

Post by Wcpedorc »

Guys, it’s getting closer, I can’t wait!
True North!
Just bit the bullet ICCC 1935
GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

Big news! Jon B. has volunteered to smoke and BBQ our dinners again! Sean D has agreed to collect the funds to pay Jon for his supplies. See below for info:

I.C.C.C. #1035
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

This is great news!

For those not familiar with Jon's cooking, sign up and be prepared to be blown away with the best meats you've ever had. Also, it helps Jon tremendously if you order in advance so he knows how much to buy in advance.
-Jim

Wcpedorc

Post by Wcpedorc »

All paid up for Jons meat! Sign up early and eat well.
True North!
Just bit the bullet ICCC 1935
GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

For the T-shirts, I’ve added 6 more color options, including a tall style in grey. Only 10 more days to order a shirt!
I.C.C.C. #1035
GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

Final week to order a shirt! Get your card out and place an order! You may regret not having one when all the cool kids are wearing one! More importantly, order your food package through Sean, so we can fund Jon for the supplies!
Last edited by GaryColeman on Sat May 14, 2022 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I.C.C.C. #1035
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

I just paid up for the 4 meal plan.
-Jim

GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

This is the last weekend to order a shirt! Ends Sunday. Also, please order a food package, so we can get funds to chef Jon! Thanks to all who have ordered already!
I.C.C.C. #1035
GaryColeman

Post by GaryColeman »

An RV site, 411, has become available, due to a member having to cancel. If you need full hookups, please check on ARC’s website to book it!
I.C.C.C. #1035