California again August 28, 29, 30

Here is where to post any Gathering/Get-together information & pictures of your gathering thread! Be sure to add it to the calendar too.
MartyJ
Serious Colemanaholic

California again August 28, 29, 30

Post by MartyJ »

Had to cancel the high desert trip (see below) due to most of Northern California being on fire. FishNChips and I are salvaging some of the weekend with a new site:
Brannon Island State Recreation Area, near Rio Vista, California
Cottonwood Campground- site #98

I will arrive on Saturday morning (Matt in the afternoon) and will stay Saturday and Sunday nights and leave on Monday. Everyone welcome to come by and help us fettle, bs, talk lanterns and stoves either for the day or camp nearby. Cottonwood only had four sites left when I booked mine. This place is green, a regular campground and surrounded on three sides by water so hopefully won’t burn up. Still like to get up to other site but that is looking like late fall now.
Marty
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: California again August 28, 29, 30

Post by FishNChips »

I will be there! It will be fun!!!!! Fatty food, alcohol and GPAs. Whats not to love! I like the wilds but headed toward the bay helped with the smoke and heat.
Matt
California
Marmock
Colemanaholic

Post by Marmock »

Still sites available. I think we might drive out for the day Sunday. It’s an hour and half drive.
Last edited by Marmock on Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

This one is close enough I may be able to come out for a day trip for an afternoon, Is that's doable for campground rules?

Coleman Blue's 243's #341 - 275 Appreciation Syndicate member 0242
FAS #001 Confusing Future Generations of Collectors, One Lantern at a Time!
KK No. 3 Appreciation Klub #1

outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Or maybe not:

"What is open now?

Very limited parking is now available to the public (Main day-use lot and Windy Cove day-use). Once the park has reached its safe parking capacity, the park will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian entry.
Trails.
The park will be open from sunrise to sunset.
Cabin
Brannan Island Campground. To make a reservation, visit www.ReserveCalifornia.com or call 800-444-7275. We do not allow early registration prior to 2 p.m.

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=487

Coleman Blue's 243's #341 - 275 Appreciation Syndicate member 0242
FAS #001 Confusing Future Generations of Collectors, One Lantern at a Time!
KK No. 3 Appreciation Klub #1

Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

outlawmws wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:14 pm This one is close enough I may be able to come out for a day trip for an afternoon, Is that's doable for campground rules?

I have an Eagle Court of Honor I am MC’ing on Friday but was considering the same. Maybe we can set up a hotline to the campers and see if its full or not before hustling out there.
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
MartyJ
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by MartyJ »

Marmock wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:00 pm Campgrounds all Full. Is there room for another tent at your site? Otherwise I’d come for one of the days. Just found this webpage.
Love to have your tent there but my site is limited to 8 persons and I think I am already there, I know we will be stretching it with vehicles. When I posted there were a few sites left but I guess they are all gone. Hopefully some cancellations. I don’t know about other campsites on the area public or private as this was a last minute deal but given California’s wildfires may be a good place for future more publicized meets. Anyone is definitely welcome to try and enter in for the day. Calling ahead may be a good idea as Randy said.

Also, anyone looking for any birthday lanterns I can dig through the pile for? I usually just bring show and tell but will look for 220/228 birthdays.
Marty
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

There are still 5-6 spots left on the Willow loop in the park on those dates FYI. Its just on the other side of the boat launch. I see there are group areas too but not sure if there available, may be a good option if it were to work for a future meet-up.

I went down there today to get out of the heat and smoke. It was 81 degrees and pretty clear. Very nice. I am back home to a PG&E rolling blackout, heavy smoke and high heat. The bay area has a lot better conditions for us right now!
Matt
California
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I am packing up and getting ready, lots of good food and alcohol….for the alcohol stoves of course 🍻

Trying to figure what to bring to play with and what tools. I have a table, ezeup, tool box, cleaning supplies, drill set, ultrasonic cleaner, lamps, lanterns, 3 stoves……and have not started on camp gear yet!

Marty has some stuff for me and I for him. I am on a lamp kick if anyone has lamp parts/finials/shades/ect. I need to source some shade parts, OCP is out of shade finials. I also love the very old stuff and need mica globes! I do not have a bunch of extra stuff (yet), but post up what everyone is looking for!

I am really looking forward to it. I work graves Friday, will get a few hours of sleep Sat morning and head down.
Matt
California
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

In a perfect world I’ll be out early Sat AM. Gotta get a pass from SHMBO and it a go. May even try and crash til Sunday- if theres enough beer! And rangers approval. Pray for me.
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I think check in time is at 2 pm, if we roll in early we may try to meet at the public parking. I am planning to get some sleep and roll in right around 2. I know some of our other friends are planning a later afternoon arrival too, not sure when Marty will roll in.

I am driving a big white Ram 2500 now with a white camper shell on it. Hope to see you there!!!
Matt
California
Woodsfisher

Post by Woodsfisher »

FishNChips wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:34 pm I am packing up and getting ready, lots of good food and alcohol….for the alcohol stoves of course 🍻

Trying to figure what to bring to play with and what tools. I have a table, ezeup, tool box, cleaning supplies, drill set, ultrasonic cleaner, lamps, lanterns, 3 stoves……and have not started on camp gear yet!

Doing the same! Realized last night I've put far more time into thinking about lanterns and what not then actual camp gear :lol:
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I started loading, glad I have a full size truck! Marty and I are planning out a pretty good project to work on and play with, packing extra tools for that. It will be awesome if we can pull it off!

I will be glad to head down, we are socked in with smoke and predicted to get worse up here. It will be a tad warm, but at least out of this smoke and ash!!! My lungs hurt.

Bringing my small generator and few fans, be nice for charging tools too.

Look forward to seeing everyone, its been too long!
Matt
California
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I am all packed and ready! I am excited to see everyone! Looks like an unusual heat wave is hitting the bay area, but I packed a small generator and some box fans, along with my eze-up. A few cold drinks will definitely help out 🍺

See you guys there!
Matt
California
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Wow you guys are ready. Unfortunately I missed the date of my Boy Scout commitment. It is today, Saturday and not Friday as earlier thought. Not likely I’ll make it out there tonight.
Randy
cptuap
Colemanaholic

Post by cptuap »

How did it go guys?
Charlie  ICCC#1375
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Time to plan another one!
Randy
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Time to plan another one!
How does Oct 29,30,31 look for everyone?
Sort of short notice but one of the few weeks I have a Friday off.
Randy
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I might be able to make it, although taking the kids trick or treating will have to be calculated in. Be fun before the weather turns. Its already cooling off nicely!
Matt
California