2022 ICCC Convention – Austin, TX June 23-25

Here is where to post any Gathering/Get-together information & pictures of your gathering thread! Be sure to add it to the calendar too.
Murff
Administrator
Title: New ICCC Board President

2022 ICCC Convention – Austin, TX June 23-25

Post by Murff »

Convention host, Bruce Dolen (#988), is honored to invite each of you to the upcoming International Coleman Collectors’ Convention. The 29th annual ICCC convention will take place at the Frank Fickett Scouting Center in Austin, Texas, June 23-25 2022.

Venue/Site info and details

The Fickett Service Center and Conference Center located at 12500 North IH‐35 in North Austin, near Parmer Lane, is a central hub for Scout leader training, support, and resources. It is also home to the Steve Matthew’s Scout Shop, the Sarah Keithley Conference Center, and the Puett Eagle Wall. We’re pleased to have use of this outstanding facility for the ICCC annual convention.

Hotel accommodations:

The convention hotel is The SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane and is located right next door to the Fickett Center convention site. SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, 12520 N Interstate 35, Austin, TX 78753 (512) 833-8100

RV sites and camping:

There are several RV parks in the Austin area; the closest site to the convention venue is the Austin RV Park North (about 8 miles north of the Fickett Center), 4001 Prairie Ln., Austin, TX 78728 www.austinrvpark.com

Travel:

By Plane – Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is located to the south of Austin and is served by a large number of domestic and international carriers. Other options include Houston Intercontinental Airport which is about a 3-hour drive to the site or DFW International Airport which is approximately 3.5 hours to the site.

By Car – The primary interstate highway through Austin is Interstate 35 which runs northeast/southwest. There are a number of other travel routes that lead to Austin including a number of state and US highways.

By Train – Austin is served by Amtrak’s Texas Eagle with daily service from Chicago and San Antonio. The Amtrak station is located at 250 N. Lamar Blvd. and is approximately 20 minutes by car from the convention hotel/venue.
Name: Murff   ICCC Member #726 
Coleman Blue's 243's #002   Ebay Handle: Happy-campers2 
EX-ICCC Newsletter Editor & Full time Coleman Addiction Enabler
Part-time Idito and Hater of Turd 275s, both A and non A
Current ICCC Board President
Frank6160
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: 2022 ICCC Convention – Austin, TX June 23-25

Post by Frank6160 »

looking forward to it.
Frank
If It's Coleman
ICCC #793
275 Appreciation Syndicate #60
The Coleman Blues 243's #44
Up to Light

Post by Up to Light »

Murff wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:57 pm Convention host, Bruce Dolen (#988), is honored to invite each of you to the upcoming International Coleman Collectors’ Convention. The 29th annual ICCC convention will take place at the Frank Fickett Scouting Center in Austin, Texas, June 23-25 2022.

The Fickett Service Center and Conference Center located at 12500 North IH‐35 in North Austin, near Parmer Lane, is a central hub for Scout leader training, support, and resources. It is also home to the Steve Matthew’s Scout Shop, the Sarah Keithley Conference Center, and the Puett Eagle Wall. We’re pleased to have use of this outstanding facility for the ICCC annual convention.

Hotel accommodations:

The convention hotel is The SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane and is located right next door to the Fickett Center convention site. SpringHill Suites Austin North/Parmer Lane, 12520 N Interstate 35, Austin, TX 78753 (512) 833-8100

RV sites and camping:

There are several RV parks in the Austin area; the closest site to the convention venue is the Austin RV Park North (about 8 miles north of the Fickett Center), 4001 Prairie Ln., Austin, TX 78728 www.austinrvpark.com

Travel:

By Plane – Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is located to the south of Austin and is served by a large number of domestic and international carriers. Other options include Houston Intercontinental Airport which is about a 3-hour drive to the site or DFW International Airport which is approximately 3.5 hours to the site.

By Car – The primary interstate highway through Austin is Interstate 35 which runs northeast/southwest. There are a number of other travel routes that lead to Austin including a number of state and US highways.

By Train – Austin is served by Amtrak’s Texas Eagle with daily service from Chicago and San Antonio. The Amtrak station is located at 250 N. Lamar Blvd. and is approximately 20 minutes by car from the convention hotel/venue.
Hello Murff,

I hope I will be able to attend my first 2022 ICCC Convention the 23 - 25 in Austin. What does the convention consist of? Thank you I advance.
Up to Light

Post by Up to Light »

Up to Light wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:13 am
Murff wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:57 pm Convention host, Bruce Dolen (#988), is honored to invite each of you to the upcoming International Coleman Collectors’ Convention. The 29th annual ICCC convention will take place at the Frank Fickett Scouting Center in Austin, Texas, June 23-25 2022.

Hotel accommodations:

RV sites and camping:

Travel:

Hello Murff,

I hope I will be able to attend my first 2022 ICCC Convention the 23 - 25 in Austin. What does the convention consist of? Thank you In advance.
Murff
Administrator

Post by Murff »

Up to Light wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:13 am I hope I will be able to attend my first 2022 ICCC Convention the 23 - 25 in Austin. What does the convention consist of? Thank you In advance.
The convention consist of three days. First half of first day are member setting up display and/or sales tables. Second half of day, all members are admitted and the viewing and selling starts. At some point Thursday afternoon will be the club business meeting.

Second day is more selling and viewing displays. Also, voting for the best displays happen. There are prize ribbons for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. After the convention closes for the day, there will a group picture taken then the banquet dinner. After dinner, we meet for a HUGE light up of whatever people bring.

Third day, last of the viewing and trading happens in the morning and the public is invited. Memebers can also offer things for sale for the auction that happens in the afternoon.

Murff
jeklyng

Post by jeklyng »

There is also a nice RV camp ground outside of Austin in Liberty Hill. Its called Rio Bonito Cabin and RV Park. Its really nice and cheap, $50/night full hookup. Its also on the San Gabriel River. If you don't mind the drive to where the convention is, it a real nice park.
James

Anything can be a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough
Up to Light

Post by Up to Light »

Murff wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:51 pm
Up to Light wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:13 am I hope I will be able to attend my first 2022 ICCC Convention the 23 - 25 in Austin. What does the convention consist of? Thank you In advance.
The convention consist of three days. First half of first day are member setting up display and/or sales tables. Second half of day, all members are admitted and the viewing and selling starts. At some point Thursday afternoon will be the club business meeting.

Second day is more selling and viewing displays. Also, voting for the best displays happen. There are prize ribbons for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. After the convention closes for the day, there will a group picture taken then the banquet dinner. After dinner, we meet for a HUGE light up of whatever people bring.

Third day, last of the viewing and trading happens in the morning and the public is invited. Memebers can also offer things for sale for the auction that happens in the afternoon.

Murff
Thank you Murff
Erwin
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Erwin »

Hi all.
Since international travel seems to be possible again this year I was planning to book the hotel for the upcoming convention in Austin.
Found everything except the prices. :?
Do we get a special rate for the convention attendees?
You know where to find? :shock:
Thanks, Erwin.
My homepage: http://www.eschaefer.de
Pls. see navigation on HP for Collectors Maps.
MotorcycleDan
Super Colemanaholic

Post by MotorcycleDan »

Erwin,

Yes, we get a special rate. I think it is $118.00 US. per night. When you call, use the number in this last edition of the Coleman Light. Tell them you are with the Coleman Collectors Club group to get the discount.

Looking forward to seeing you again this year. You were missed in Ohio!
Dan ICCC #900
222, 226, 229, 3022 Collector
ICCC Treasure
Erwin
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Erwin »

Thanks Murff.
I'll make my booking very soon.
We're eager to seeing everone again after that long time of absence. :P
Erwin.
Up to Light

Post by Up to Light »

Hotel accommodations:

RV sites and camping:

Travel:

I hope fuel prices go back down, because if not, I won't be able to attend! 8hr drive in my V-8 truck!
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

[quote="Up to Light" post_id=408929
[/quote]
I hope fuel prices go back down, because if not, I won't be able to attend! 8hr drive in my V-8 truck!
[/quote]

It’s an awfully short distance for you and may not be that close for many years. Consider the fact that folks will come from overseas and drive in from both coasts.
Thank you!
Kevin

(The Dude from Rottenchester)

To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

After awhile, you can work on points for style!

ICCC # 1865
Murff
Administrator

Post by Murff »

Well, just made airline reservations, car rental and hotel reservations for the convention. Pretty much emptied the savings account but looking forward to going!

Murff
GeorgiaBoy

Post by GeorgiaBoy »

Will there be an early bird gathering on Wednesday?
ICCC Member #973 Richard Leyva - Lilburn,Ga Psalm 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, And a light unto my path." 
" American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God "
MotorcycleDan
Super Colemanaholic

Post by MotorcycleDan »

GeorgiaBoy wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:26 pm Will there be an early bird gathering on Wednesday?
I have not seen anything. The Wednesday evening gathering is totally on the host. It is not part of the convention schedule.
Dan ICCC #900
ICCC Treasure
Carlco

Post by Carlco »

Looking forward to going to my first one. Does it have a swap meet and if so is it open to the public? I haven’t really been able to find an itinerary of the events etc. Can anyone offer any such info? Carl
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

Carlco wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:27 pm Looking forward to going to my first one. Does it have a swap meet and if so is it open to the public? I haven’t really been able to find an itinerary of the events etc. Can anyone offer any such info? Carl
Carl, from post 5 from Murff

“ The convention consist of three days. First half of first day are member setting up display and/or sales tables. Second half of day, all members are admitted and the viewing and selling starts. At some point Thursday afternoon will be the club business meeting.

Third day, last of the viewing and trading happens in the morning and the public is invited. Memebers can also offer things for sale for the auction that happens in the afternoon.”
Thank you!
Kevin

(The Dude from Rottenchester)

To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

After awhile, you can work on points for style!

ICCC # 1865
brucesheehe
Super Colemanaholic
Title: ECCENTRIC BLOCKHEAD

Post by brucesheehe »

The auction is where the bargains are to be found. Ron Stricker sells common lanterns by the handful.

I have seen nice stoves go for $5 to $10 dollars. No one wants to cart the big and heavy items home.

Save some money for the auction, particularly if you are local and driving home - no shipping to pay.

If you are just starting your Coleman collection - the auction is wonderful.
Bruce Sheehe, aka ECCENTRIC BLOCKHEAD
ICCC #889 - Connoisseur of Time, Friends, Leisure, & Coleman   Altoona, PA - The Mountain City - Near The Eastern USA Continental Divide
Definitely_game

Post by Definitely_game »

I'll be there, my first ICCC. I'm an hour away.
Erwin
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Erwin »

What's going on with the convention?
No news, no teasers, ....?
Is there big or little interest? Who's coming? Do we have a participants list?
I haven't sent my registration yet....
MotorcycleDan
Super Colemanaholic

Post by MotorcycleDan »

Erwin wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:08 am What's going on with the convention?
No news, no teasers, ....?
Is there big or little interest? Who's coming? Do we have a participants list?
I haven't sent my registration yet....
Erwin,

The information was in the January issue of the Coleman Light. The schedule will be like in past conventions. Set up Thursday morning. The floor opens up at 1:00 pm. Friday will have sales for members and two seminars. We will close at 4:00 pm this year and have the business meeting for those that want to attend. Banquet in the evening with a light up afterwards. Saturday is open to non members and the auction in the afternoon.

There is normal interest for a mid west convention. There should be at least 100 members there. We do not have a participants list. We get most of the registrations come in after the May Coleman light comes out with another registration form. People get reminded to send them in!

We missed you last year. So, get that registration in! Hope you can make it.
Last edited by MotorcycleDan on Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan ICCC #900
ICCC Treasure
Murff
Administrator

Post by Murff »

Convention Schedule:

Thursday, June 23: Frank Fickett Center

8:30 am – 1:00 pm – Set up for the show.
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Show open to ICCC members
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm – ICCC business meeting
Dinner is on your own.
Friday, June 24: Frank Fickett Center

9:00 am – 4:30 pm – Show open to ICCC members
10:00 am – Seminar TBD
Lunch on your own
2:00 pm – Seminar TBD
5:30 pm – Group photograph
6:00 pm – Banquet
8:30 pm – Light up around the pond
Saturday, June 25: Frank Fickett Center

9:00 am – 1:00 pm – Show open to all ICCC members and public
1:00 pm – Tear down show and Auction set up
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Auction
Clean up

Murff
adelcoro
Super Colemanaholic

Post by adelcoro »

Wished i could of been there.
Enjoy yourself everyone

Agostino
ICCC 957
sleebus
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by sleebus »

This is going to be my first convention. Can't wait! Problem is that work is making stuff due on Friday so here I am trying to get stuff done early so I can get out there before y'all snap up all the good stuph. :shock:
Michael - ICCC#2163
Check out my channel at GasUnderPressure or chat on the Coleman Discord
1hpycmpr
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 1hpycmpr »

sleebus wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:15 pm This is going to be my first convention. Can't wait! Problem is that work is making stuff due on Friday so here I am trying to get stuff done early so I can get out there before y'all snap up all the good stuph. :shock:
Have fun! Even though some of the “good stuph” will be gone, the best of the convention will still be there when you arrive. It’s the people! 🙂
Mark
*Stargazer*
Jecsd1
Colemanaholic

Post by Jecsd1 »

I would really like to attend. How do I register to attend?
Jason

Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate # 1080
The Coleman Blue's 243's #1080

Frank6160
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Frank6160 »

Jecsd1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:36 pm I would really like to attend. How do I register to attend?
go to the ICCC website and look for the international convention link. you can register there and pay with Paypal or print and mail your registration.
Frank
If It's Coleman
ICCC #793
Kansas_John
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kansas_John »

I can't make it to the convention, but I'm sending one of the 20th anniversary 635s for sale with mgmlvks. I hope to move it on to a member that didn't get the opportunity to get one years ago. PM me or Mike (mgmlvks) if you are interested in getting it in Austin.
John M. Lawrence, KS
ICCC #1431

Looking for any oddball moderns and an REI single burner anniversary stove.
Billdog37
Colemanaholic

Post by Billdog37 »

As a side note, it’s ICCC members only until Saturday. Don’t miss out on a couple days of fun. Membership won’t break the bank. It’s worth the yearly cost. Just saying.
Bill
ICCC# 1225
Seansmithwfd

Post by Seansmithwfd »

So with that being said our spouses are not allowed in unless they are members as well?? If this is the case that was not how I read the info packet. I understood that she just would not get the goodie bag or what ever it was. Interesting info thanks.
ICCC #2156
Mil-spec syndicate #2075
Frank6160
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Frank6160 »

Seansmithwfd wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:59 am So with that being said our spouses are not allowed in unless they are members as well?? If this is the case that was not how I read the info packet. I understood that she just would not get the goodie bag or what ever it was. Interesting info thanks.
She will be allowed in. You are correct no "goodie" bag for her.
Frank
If It's Coleman
ICCC #793