Lone Star Gathering. April 22-24,2022. Corsicana,Texas

Here is where to post any Gathering/Get-together information & pictures of your gathering thread! Be sure to add it to the calendar too.
Chuckfromtexas

Lone Star Gathering. April 22-24,2022. Corsicana,Texas

Post by Chuckfromtexas »

Robert asked if I would post this. We’ll be meeting at the Lake Halbert Pavilion in Corsicana. For those not familiar it’s a huge pavilion,really nice,lots of nice picnic tables. Easy to Google and find. Some folks set up tents around the pavilion and stay Friday and Saturday night. Most just come out Saturday. There are a few camper spots in the park reserved through the city. Several motels nearby. An auction of donated items is held Saturday afternoon to raise funds for the next gathering rental. Great way to get rid of Coleman related stuff you don’t want to throw away. A meeting is held to decide the fall dates and location. If you haven’t been to a gathering it’s a great time to buy,sell,trade,and see Coleman lanterns and stoves you won’t see anywhere else. Lots of fettling and experts and experience on hand. Super nice people that enjoy our hobby. Bring your stuff out,show it off or get it running. My first time four years ago I learned that the strange lantern l had was an Ash Flash. Hopefully we’ll see y’all there.
Chuck
jeklyng

Re: Lone Star Gathering. April 22-24,2022. Corsicana,Texas

Post by jeklyng »

Is the Pavilion by the boat ramp?
James

Anything can be a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough
Chuckfromtexas

Post by Chuckfromtexas »

The pavilion is the first thing you come to on the road in. It’s on the right and a big parking lot and ball fields on the left. On satellite it’s got the big blue roof. Just google Lake Halbert in Corsicana. If it’s rainy and windy as always the guys hang tarps around the sides. Still plenty of light and heat from dozens and dozens of lanterns and stoves. Huge pavilion. Hope you can make it. We’ve had several Texans join the forum lately and a gathering is a great enhancement to our hobby.
Chuck
GrizzlyBob

Post by GrizzlyBob »

Thanks for a great informative post Chuck ! I will see you guys there !
sleebus
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by sleebus »

We're planning on making the trip too. I've got quite a few things I'd like to move. :)
Michael - ICCC#2163
Check out my channel at GasUnderPressure or chat on the Coleman Discord
sleebus
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by sleebus »

So, haven't heard much on this, just wondering how many folks are planning on going? Is this usually a reasonably good size gathering? I've never been.
Michael - ICCC#2163
curlyjoe_99
Super Colemanaholic

Post by curlyjoe_99 »

the numbers are very dependent on the weather and any other family gatherings folks have scheduled. the smallest group was about 15 in a torrential storm weekend and the largest I recall was 35.

The counts were taken Saturday afternoon when we have our group business huddle.
walk-ons can range depending who are already at the park as they all wonder what the big shindig is. :)

hope this helps
Robert (AKA Curly)-- Heart-of-Texas! "Keep 'Em Working"  
MILSPEC_OPS & 275 Appreciation Syndicate Member #9999

In Search of (ISO): evidence of a 220/228 series lantern dated 2/63    

Chuckfromtexas

Post by Chuckfromtexas »

Just a reminder to all you Texans,our gathering is next weekend at Corsicana. Great way to meet your fellow Texas collectors. Bruce,who’s heading up this years convention is usually in attendance and you could possibly meet the original “turd herder”. Lots of new Texas members have joined the forum,hope to get the opportunity to meet each other. Take care. As Timm says “ Hold my beer. I want to try suptin”😏
Chuck
sleebus
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by sleebus »

I'll be there. I'm going to bring a load of stuff I'd like to move.
Michael - ICCC#2163
Seansmithwfd

Post by Seansmithwfd »

I plan on being there as well. Is the anything special that needs to be done other than show up? Not a member of the occc yet (believe that’s what it is) just here on the forum. Have a few things to bring maybe a handy gas plant as an oddity.
ICCC #2156
Mil-spec syndicate #2075
Chuckfromtexas

Post by Chuckfromtexas »

Not at all Sean. Just a bunch of guys getting together that enjoy Coleman. Only thing semi formal is a business meeting to set up the next gathering and an auction after of donated items that raises money for the next gathering. That’s on Saturday afternoon. Probably some discussion this year of the national convention. Lots of buy,sell,trade,and for me I get questions answered. We have the pavilion Friday afternoon through noon Sunday with Saturday of course being the bulk of the fun. Most of the guys that come don’t comment on the forum but quite a few follow it some. Be great to meet you. Oh! And you get a nice sticker from Curly Joe. That’s the best part.😊
Chuck
Seansmithwfd

Post by Seansmithwfd »

Sounds pretty awesome. Always look forward to meeting new and interesting folks. I plan on being there sometime around noon Saturday. It is about a 2 1/2 drive for us coming from north of Dallas. Would be there earlier but have to get a morning hike in also. See ya there.
ICCC #2156
Mil-spec syndicate #2075
sleebus
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by sleebus »

Chuckfromtexas wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:45 am We have the pavilion Friday afternoon through noon Sunday with Saturday of course being the bulk of the fun.
We'll be driving up on Friday and will be there Saturday. This is my first one with this group, so I don't know any times when y'all gather. When do people usually show up?
Michael - ICCC#2163
Chuckfromtexas

Post by Chuckfromtexas »

Guys that come out Friday straggle in from early afternoon on. Nothing organized Friday evening, just lanterns burning and visiting,cooking and snacking. Buying,selling,and trading and setting up. Are you camping at the pavilion?
Chuck
sleebus
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by sleebus »

Chuckfromtexas wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:59 pm Are you camping at the pavilion?
No, we've got an air B&B that's ~20 mins away or so. Depending on how things shake out, we might make it there for Friday eve, not sure though. I think once we get done with dinner there, we're probably going to not want to (or shouldn't lol!) go driving. ;) Saturday for sure though, so that's my main question is when do things get rolling on Saturday?
Michael - ICCC#2163
Chuckfromtexas

Post by Chuckfromtexas »

Every time I’ve rolled in on Saturday morning there were already a pretty good group and they filtered in the rest of the day. This is my first time staying Friday night in Corsicana so I’m just a newbie there. I learned to bring my folding wagon to get my stuff from the parking lot to the pavilion. I’ve been coming since 2017 and keep coming back for more. I guess to answer your question I don’t know. It was already rolling when I got there Saturday morning.
Chuck
surffisher60
Colemanaholic

Post by surffisher60 »

hey guys.. I plan on attending, anyone have Tilley pump assembly? i have a model X410A needing one, also looking for a burner/cap for a Buflam stove, very similar to a Primus and Solus....bring em along
Bob
Seansmithwfd

Post by Seansmithwfd »

Great get together. Enjoyed meeting a lot of you guys. Amazing lanterns on all the tables. Look forward to the next one.
ICCC #2156
Mil-spec syndicate #2075