Small gathering in Rock Island State Park, Rock Island, Tennessee 1/22/22

Here is where to post any Gathering/Get-together information & pictures of your gathering thread! Be sure to add it to the calendar too.
Volvoguy
Colemanaholic

Small gathering in Rock Island State Park, Rock Island, Tennessee 1/22/22

Post by Volvoguy »

Hello everyone, we are having a small educational program over vintage camping gear (with the focus being on vintage Coleman Lanterns and Stoves). Our newest ranger has set this program up after I had planned to do it with someone who transferred out, so it has been a long time coming. He did talk me up a bit in the description (I'm pretty new at this) but I do have plans to have a cutaway font and some other aids.

Most importantly everyone can bring whatever they'd like to show off and demonstrate. I will have a 237, some 220s, 425, and a couple 413s at the very least. All vintage camping things are welcome. This will be a small gathering that will be outside in the cold, and we do not expect anything large so I would not recommend traveling a long distance for this. If you are local or plan on hitting a bunch of our beautiful parks it may be worth it.

We are also considering setting up a swapmeet when the weather warms up, but with all park activities it will require a lot of planning and working around unpredictable events (things in parks break a lot). A link will be posted below.

https://tnstateparks.com/parks/event_de ... s-stoves--
Optimus45
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: Small gathering in Rock Island State Park, Rock Island, Tennessee 1/22/22

Post by Optimus45 »

I won’t be there for this event but depending how things go the next couple of weeks I may be able to make the swap meet. And Rock Island State Park was already on my list of places to check out so could be 2 birds with one stone. Good luck, hope you have a great turn out.
Joe
Mil-Spec Ops #1833
Normal people scare me!
Looking for..12/55, 2/00,10/31
Rustytank
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rustytank »

I'll be there!
And Joe, sounds like you might be moving this way. Holler when you're in the area!
Call me Rusty
Coleman Blues 243's #175
Sunflame appreciation club #2
275 Appreciation Syndicate #0245
Looking for birthday lanterns 11/58, 3/68, 3/73, 6/85, 11/96, 6/97, 11/97, 12/00

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. - Psalm 119:105.
Volvoguy
Colemanaholic

Post by Volvoguy »

Just an update in case anyone clicks on this thread, but the event has been cancelled.