Savannah GA area

Here is where to post any Gathering/Get-together information & pictures of your gathering thread! Be sure to add it to the calendar too.
Ryan1650

Savannah GA area

Post by Ryan1650 »

Is there anyone close? Seems like not many from this area on the forum. Even harder to find people with the same interest, but god forbid something pop up on marketplace or craigslist it is gone. There has to be a few here that we could do something. Post if you are close and lets see.
jcintra1991

Re: Savannah GA area

Post by jcintra1991 »

I'm in that hampton georgia area if that helps at all.
1969BuickGS

Post by 1969BuickGS »

The SECC (Due South group on FB) is trying to get a slot in a park near Augusta for a fall gathering. Keep your eyes peeled for more info soon.
Tim 
tidwell_blake

Post by tidwell_blake »

Yeah we were going to try and have it at Elijah Clark state park. Or maybe Georgia veterans in cordelle GA. I’ve looked online at the area we usually reserve and allot of the spots we normally book are already booked this far out. Mid to late October is the plan. William Akers III is the one hosting it. I’m not sure if he gets on here much but I’ll probably try to keep everyone on the forum updated when he figured out what is most feasible. Probably once decided on a date and where we will have to start telling people to book there sites ASAP due to stuff booking up so quickly in advanced. This post COVID world has changed camping allot. Places stay packed and long gone are the days of calling a week before and getting a site where u want it. Going to have to start planning gatherings almost a year in advanced sometimes now.
Blake Tidwell, Arab Alabama.
ICCC member #1512
canecutter

Post by canecutter »

I will keep a close watch on this . I am just a short drive NE of Statesboro .
Canecutter
tidwell_blake

Post by tidwell_blake »

We have set the dates for the fall. Info is in the gathering section but it will be November 11-13 at Elijah Clark state park. Not very far at all. Most of us are already reserving spots in campground #1. Unfortunately since COVID it’s hard to get campsites reserved when u have 75-100 people wanting to come. So we are all starting to reserve 6 months out.
Blake Tidwell, Arab Alabama.
ICCC member #1512
_Patrick_Hatch

Post by _Patrick_Hatch »

I know I’m a little late but I’m in Savannah, Bloomingdale actually but close enough. I just joined the forum so I’m catching up. I’ll be at the fall gathering at Elijah Clark, just reserved a spot today.