Northern California Memorial Day Campout

Here is where to post any Gathering/Get-together information & pictures of your gathering thread! Be sure to add it to the calendar too.
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Northern California Memorial Day Campout

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

You can count on me to bring a bunch of old broken stuff. People are welcome to tinker as much or as little as they want. I love that its a three day weekend and we arent rushed out on Sunday. Maybe that will help so we can enjoy more of what the area has to offer.
I’ve been focusing a little more on vintage camp gear and havent put much time into GPA for this trip. I’ll grab the first dozen or so lanterns I can when I’m loading up. Already have a few stoves in the truck from last time.
I am really looking forward to seeing everyone, and will be bringing two traveling lanterns. A sears, and Levi’s “international”
Oh, and I have as much $6/gallon (sorry-inflation) buy/trade CF fuel as anyone needs. It would be great if people ordered ahead if time so I am not bringing extra home with me.
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Are any of you really good solderers? I have a special tank that needs a pump transfer. Might be too much to ask to do it in the sticks. But thought I’d ask.
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

PM sent for 2 fuel. Oh, good morning! Coffee is on.
Duane
Duane-All seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Great news, my Tilley sportsman kit should be here today. Still need to fuel up the AGM from yesterday.
Duane
Duane-All seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Randy, bring the tank; we can tank look.

EDIT: How clean of fuel is it?

Note to self-Soldering tools...

Coleman Blue's 243's #341 - 275 Appreciation Syndicate member 0242
FAS #001 Confusing Future Generations of Collectors, One Lantern at a Time!
KK No. 3 Appreciation Klub #1

Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

outlawmws wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:50 pm Randy, bring the tank; we can tank look.

EDIT: How clean of fuel is it?

Note to self-Soldering tools...
Will do. Its fairly clean, no fuel in it for probably 10 years I am guessing. I will bring it if you have solder, flux, and torch. Thank you!
Randy
MartyJ
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by MartyJ »

Rfieldbuilds wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:00 am You can count on me to bring a bunch of old broken stuff. People are welcome to tinker as much or as little as they want. I love that its a three day weekend and we arent rushed out on Sunday. Maybe that will help so we can enjoy more of what the area has to offer.
I’ve been focusing a little more on vintage camp gear and havent put much time into GPA for this trip. I’ll grab the first dozen or so lanterns I can when I’m loading up. Already have a few stoves in the truck from last time.
I am really looking forward to seeing everyone, and will be bringing two traveling lanterns. A sears, and Levi’s “international”
Oh, and I have as much $6/gallon (sorry-inflation) buy/trade CF fuel as anyone needs. It would be great if people ordered ahead if time so I am not bringing extra home with me.
Randy I will take 5 gallons of fuel. Interested in any odd cans you don't want too.
Marty
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

MartyJ wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:59 pm
Rfieldbuilds wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:00 am You can count on me to bring a bunch of old broken stuff. People are welcome to tinker as much or as little as they want. I love that its a three day weekend and we arent rushed out on Sunday. Maybe that will help so we can enjoy more of what the area has to offer.
Randy I will take 5 gallons of fuel. Interested in any odd cans you don't want too.
Sounds good, I'll find you something interesting in those five. Thnks for the heads up. I got you for 5, Duane for 2 so far. :cf_woohoovacay:
Randy
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I will take 5 gal from you Randy. Like Marty if if you have any slightly older cans I can use them. The new cans do not fit in my older lantern boxes.

I need some more R55 generators if you have some too!

Thanks!
Matt
California
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

FishNChips wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:35 pm I will take 5 gal from you Randy. Like Marty if if you have any slightly older cans I can use them. The new cans do not fit in my older lantern boxes.

I need some more R55 generators if you have some too!

Thanks!
Cool, I will add in 5 for you as well. I should have R55's if I get the right tool box packed into the van. Cheers! Wish it were Thursday already. I am ready to be there.
:cf_mischieviousbig:
Randy
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I am beyond ready! I will likely come up Friday morning. I have to work Monday but will stay till later on Sunday. Can not wait!
Matt
California
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

Very nice Duane, love that kit! The Tillys are so different, I like them. Looking forward to seeing them in person!
Matt
California
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Hmmm, possible rain Fri/Sat! bring rain gear and tarps/canopies!

hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

I have some small grates I'm bringing and a smelter furnace fount I tinkered with a year ago, just added a R55 genny to test it out, all free minus the genny. Took some trial and error to fit washers. If no one needs lamp parts, I'll leave them at home, most have been goosed. I'm bringing all my parts kits, so if anyone else besides Randy needs brassie parts I might have stuff.
Weather only looks like chance of rain as of last night. Anything going on besides fettling, Matt is showing me around. Glad Outlaw is bringing shade, I have yet to obtain something, thinking to add to my trucks Softtopper for tailgating along the Oregon coast this summer.
Duane
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Tom (TomMag)is up there now. Said he is leaving paper plates marked Coleman at the turns.
Randy
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

So there is cell service up there?

Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

No srvc at camp. Paynes Creek store Is where he last texted me from. There may be an occasional signal on top of some of the hills.
Randy
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

If anyone were over the moon for this unfired christmas northstar I’d bring it. Face to face price of $200 or a possible trade. It is posted elsewhere but I’d rather sell in person.
Includes mantles box and paperwork.

Randy
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Since Randy posted that, I have an Un-fired, un-fueled 228E - June of 58. I'll bring up if anyone puts their hand up - No box. About as nice as they come - I'd need $150. If not It stays home.

hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

I see online that Caswell's has a specific product and size to do a single fount now. One label I saw had fount spelled font. Labeled as such. I need to seal a short crack in my painted burg AGM 3016, will use some POR-15 on it.
I put away my blue Optimus stoves I set out to bring and put back a couple lanterns too, just not enough inside room in my truck. Still bringing a couple neat stoves, one very pricey small stove.
If you guys have any fancy snacks or chocolate you can only get in the big city, bring it. Coming for two nights, maybe three. Just need to pack clothes, remainder of food, ice chest and my sb.
Duane
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

outlawmws wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:20 am Since Randy posted that, I have an Un-fired, un-fueled 228E - June of 58. I'll bring up if anyone puts their hand up - No box. About as nice as they come - I'd need $150. If not It stays home.

Mister_Wilson it’s looking for that date. 6/58
~Pancho~ :cf_howdyhat:

ICCC MEMBER #: 1993

Coleman Blues 243's #163.
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

I actually offered it to him already, but he said he had got that need filled.

Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

outlawmws wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:50 pm I actually offered it to him already, but he said he had got that need filled.
Well, was in his signature so he may need to delete the wanted ad

outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Yup! He mentioned that.

I leave O'dark thirty tomorrow AM - If all goes well I'll be in camp before noon

FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I have about 20 min of packing in the morning and will head up. I will bring my cell phone booster but there isnt much in the canyon.

I am excited and ready to get out this weekend! One of my buddy’s needs some soldering done on his PQ and PW so am bringing my stuff as well. Went ahead and packed my tools as well.
Matt
California
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

I’m off. Midnight arrival.
Randy
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Looks like the rare watermelon stove. :) 454 too.
Duane
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

So jealous guys, I’m still dealing with bronchitis. Have a great time and don’t forget pictures, lots of’em 😊

Mister_Wilson
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Mister_Wilson »

Pancholoco1911 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:06 am
outlawmws wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:50 pm I actually offered it to him already, but he said he had got that need filled.
Well, was in his signature so he may need to delete the wanted ad
I just edited my signature. Thanks for thinking of me.
John
H.C. Lanterns dealer
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #2001 A Turd's Odyssey
Canadian Blues #028
Coleman Slant Saver #31
Looking for my 6-56 Birthday lantern, anything 6-56!
There's been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about.
Barrett
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Barrett »

Have a great weekend all, please share pics.
Andrew

Living and learning in NZ
Hoping to reach cognitive and emotional maturity before my children do.
Sierra_Roadrunner
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Sierra_Roadrunner »

Looks like a lot of fun and good times. +1 with Pancho and Barrett about lots of pics and a story or two would be nice. Hope you all have a great camping trip and get together. Maybe for future consideration you Northern Californian boys and us Southern Cal guys can meet half way somewhere in Central California for a Camp Out. I understand Pancho knows of some spectacular Almond Orchards with lots of shade around this time of year.
Joe
ICCC# 1893

" Curiosity is natural to the soul of man and interesting objects have a profound influence on our affections." - Daniel Boone
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Sierra_Roadrunner wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:46 pm Looks like a lot of fun and good times. +1 with Pancho and Barrett about lots of pics and a story or two would be nice. Hope you all have a great camping trip and get together. Maybe for future consideration you Northern Californian boys and us Southern Cal guys can meet half way somewhere in Central California for a Camp Out. I understand Pancho knows of some spectacular Almond Orchards with lots of shade around this time of year.
That would be totally fine with me!! Anywhere to get together and light one up. Hopefully not too hot though. Summer campsites in California are stupid rare unless you plan well ahead. I've tried for many years to entice those from the south to come up, but the drive is somehow too daunting. We have done a couple at Pinnacles NP, and some folks did a Death Valley trip a few years back. I'd say, we plan now for the cooler seasona and make it happen. Carizzo Plains has been suggested as has Ricardo Campground @ Red Rock Canyon SP. Any ideas are appreciated. always seems the destination is the hard part. Dates seem to work themselves out.
Randy