Northern California Memorial Day Campout - results and pictures

Here is where to post any Gathering/Get-together information & pictures of your gathering thread! Be sure to add it to the calendar too.
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Northern California Memorial Day Campout - results and pictures

Post by FishNChips »

Just got back from the camp out. Wish I could stay another day but have to work on Monday.

It was a great time and decent turn out! Lots of lantern swaps and deals. Duane and Randy hooked me up big time with some great projects, parts and additions.

We got Lyndon’s PW #4 all soldered up and working again, a PQ apart for repair, and numerous other projects taking place. Great meals and evening socializing.

I got in a nice four mile hike and did some exploring. We had a few passing showers but overall the weather was great!

Thanks everyone for a good time!

Matt
California
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: Northern California Memorial Day Campout - results and pictures

Post by FishNChips »

Matt
California
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

Looks like a great time!
Thanks for the pics.
Thank you!
Kevin

(The Dude from Rottenchester)

To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

After awhile, you can work on points for style!

ICCC # 1865
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Looks like my kind of campout Matt! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great place to camp too.
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
MartyJ
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by MartyJ »

I had a great time. For some silly reason I decided to hike up to the cliffs and back. Still feel it! Great company, great fettles. Matt took a 300 Winchester shell and soldered a patch on an ailing PW stove tank. We had the whole end of the campground to ourselves. Very rugged country with thousands of years of occupancy. A pleasure and honor to be there. I am also thankful for those who sacrificed so we could.
Marty
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Guys keep up with the photos. I've never had any desire to visit California, but my mind is changing 😁
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
Joe_7910
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Joe_7910 »

Good food, good people, and a couple Colemans. Cant beat it.
Gasman64
Super Colemanaholic
Title: Gaseous Maximus

Post by Gasman64 »

Those are great pictures, Matt & Marty, thank you! Great scenery, and I really like all the vintage gear in addition to the fine old GPAs. I especially like Marty's trailer-I always like seeing that.
The food looks terrific, too, you guys had some great eats.
:cf_sign_greatpic:
Steve
SE Pennsylvania
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

Steaks and the aftermath in the ground, what’s not to love?
Thank you!
Kevin

(The Dude from Rottenchester)

To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

After awhile, you can work on points for style!

ICCC # 1865
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

Wow, great photos. I see Randy having a great time. Wish I could be there. Thanks for sharing your pictures
~Pancho~ :cf_howdyhat:

ICCC MEMBER #: 1993

Coleman Blues 243's #163.
MartyJ
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by MartyJ »

Pancholoco1911 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:58 am Wow, great photos. I see Randy having a great time. Wish I could be there. Thanks for sharing your pictures
Poncho you have to join us for one of these. We are just up the road.
Marty
Barrett
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Barrett »

Great pics guys and obviously a great time!

I'd be more than happy there.... but I'd probably miss a lot as I'm not use to those big wormy thingy's..... I'd be looking down and around all the time lol.

Thanks for sharing you Memorial Weekend.
Andrew

Living and learning in NZ
Hoping to reach cognitive and emotional maturity before my children do.
Up to Light

Post by Up to Light »

Awesome!
cptuap
Colemanaholic

Post by cptuap »

Two thumbs up on that one guys. Wish I could have been there. Nice old stoves.
Charlie  ICCC#1375
Woodsfisher

Post by Woodsfisher »

It was a great camp! Nice meeting new people with a common interest. I didn't get out of camp much but I enjoyed fettling a stove and a couple lanterns. Got a great little Montgomery Wards (prentise wabers jr) single mantle running that I got from Marty but I don't seem to have a picture of it. Those PW single mantles are such cool little lanterns. Getting the Prentise Wabers #4 patched up and working was probably the highlight. I don't have a good picture of the soldered 300 patch but it turned out great. In the background there is the fount for a PQ that we got apart. It had a bad repair and a leak where the stems thread in with globs of lead solder. That one will get cleaned up and fixed at home. Thanks again for the help Matt.

The inner workings of a PW L13A valve. That one fought me pretty hard but finally got the packing replaced. Thanks to Randy having some graphite ribbon I was able to replace the packing.

Good food, good company, and good times

Sierra_Roadrunner
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Sierra_Roadrunner »

Good grub, good times, good company = great memories. Nice pics and scenery. Glad to see you boys enjoyed a great campout. Looks like it was all worthwhile and worth repeating.
Joe
ICCC# 1893

" Curiosity is natural to the soul of man and interesting objects have a profound influence on our affections." - Daniel Boone
UncleFred
Colemanaholic

Post by UncleFred »

That is an interesting trailer behind the Jeep? I would like to see a photo of it taken down for travel. I did find some other photos in older posts. My biggest question is whether you take the ridge pole down for travel and where do you store it?
Last edited by UncleFred on Tue May 31, 2022 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fred
Everyone's Favorite Uncle
Coleman Leacock 635B721 Alliance #8
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

I abandoned Randy at 10 today, he kept fettling while he loaded up, he started his truck to get lined up better to load up, told him his truck starts, I'm going. :)
Nice meeting Tom and Lyndon and seeing the rest of the gang. Ginger was cool. Was glad to help out with brassie washers and parts where needed.
Managed to offload three stoves and a AA lamp, heavy wallet coming home, only buying some fuel and a R55 genny from Randy. Watched him fettle a couple rare lanterns last night and this AM. May link photos from CCS later.
Think about where to camp next and also a meetup to shoot the bull for a day only thing, camping somewhere if we like. Sounds like a 4 to 5 hour drive for me.
Duane
Duane-All seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

A few photos I took. My Turner 1211, early Optimus 8, Coleman Canadian 500A. No pic of my 243NL. May need to log in.
Duane
https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/n ... ing.49331/
Duane-All seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

Nice pictures Duane! Nice to have some of me (although it emphasizes the need for weight loss!) lol. Those waffles were good. I tried a waffle mix and some malt powder, very good.

I love how the KK lids make a perfect shelf when folded back.
Matt
California
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Matt, I was under the impression you were going to fix us all waffles to show off your camping breakfast skills. :) Good thing I ate early.
Duane
Gasman64
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Gasman64 »

By the way, who's who? In the first set of pics, I think Marty has the brown hat; I recognize Matt in another post, as he has a pipe. Not sure how many though, or who Randy is.
Steve
SE Pennsylvania
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

We really did need a group pic. Next time....
just landed and doing some unpacking after a making some pit stops on the homeward journey. Will post up some pics and commentary shortly.
PS. Randy is in green shorts and gray T-shirt with the handsome salt and pepper beard 😆.
Last edited by Rfieldbuilds on Tue May 31, 2022 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Love the photo where it looks like Marty is tipping his hat and saying you're welcome. Too funny!
Duane
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

A handsome lot indeed, hard to tell us apart! Lol 😂

That is Marty tipping his hat in the first picture.

We did have enough waffles for the camp! If its one thing Marty and I are good at its food 😉

This is me:

Matt
California
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Here is a bit of a photo dump. Good bit of summary for different aspects of the trip.
Overall weather was great. We
Enjoyed a brief, but beautiful sun shower. Temps the morning I left were a glorious 38°. It is definitely an arid country and attests to the hardiness of the indians and also the settlers that followed them. Artifacts from the ranches could be seen and a few cattle still graze the area. Indian artifacts were a plenty and obsidian chips could be found even in the campground. Matt gave us a brief archeology lesson on the area and helped us understand the timeline as it relates to the white mans inhabiting the area. Originally, Russian fur traders made their way down the coast, followed much later by Europeans who moved into the area taking the overland pioneer routes from The East coast across the US and settling in the West. So it is just as likely we could be speaking Russian if the manifest destiny mentality had been adopted by the Russians who were here on the West coast far earlier the the Europeans.
The countryside is wonderful. Definitely could have been used for filming of Westerns as many of us grew up watching on TV. The landscape is defined by the volcanic activity in the area and basaltic formations. Many of these have eroded away in the exposed cliffs and indentations and caves were evident anywhere there was enough exposed rock to weather. The other defining feature was the tough as nails flora. Scrubby oaks dotted most of the upper benches with an occasional (digger?) pine. The oaks were park like in nature with about 5-6’ of trunk and no branches making some areas look as manicured as central park. Down in the canyon where we camped bay laurel, bigger oaks, and pines dominated over the smaller oaks. Poison oak grew everywhere it had enough water to grown and presented a challenge to dance around so you couldnt walk anywhere for very long in a straight line.
Few fauna were seen aside from ground squirrels, some woodpeckers, osprey, and tweety birds.
All said and done, I brought maybe 8-10 lanterns and maybe as many stoves including a few brassies which Duane helped me fettle. I went home one stove lighter than I came which was offset by another stove I picked up today- a nice 3 burner AGM. The fellowship, food, and scenery were spectacular. Oh. THE STARS. Wow! First night in, no moon, and being in the deep canyon with no visible light sources on a cloudless night made for some outstanding stargazing. That was appropriate as I was sleeping on the flattest spot I could find, a picnic table. It was a suitable spot to unwind on the first night in as I arrived 1:30am Friday night. There may have been a couple fingers of Bushmills to help brighten those stars up as I lay on my back gazing at the heavens. Anyways, spectacular night sky as can often been seen in the wilds when conditions are right.
Good to meet Lyndon, German and Rebecca. Otherwise all familiar faces.
Thanks again guys, a great campout on this end. Cant wait for the next.

Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

Great write up Randy. Thanks again for the alcohol lamp and the gathering, definitely a favorite of mine. You made my day. I do love the history of the area.

Here is a bull I saw on the way in. I saw something hanging and it was his fifth leg! It was beat up from dragging across lava rock and brush. A genetic defect amongst angus cattle called developmental duplication.

Matt
California
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

A little write up a facebook friend made about Ishi the indian.
Credit: Donald Swanson from “California Gold Country Adventure page”.

Ishi

Born: 1860
Died: March 25, 1916

By the first decade of the 20th century, Euro-Americans had so overwhelmed the North American continent that scarcely any Native Americans remained who had not been assimilated into Anglo society to some degree. In August of 1911, a starving Native American man walked out of the Butte County wilderness into an Oroville slaughterhouse. Authorities took the Native American man into custody for his own protection. He became an instant journalistic sensation. He was identified by UC anthropologists Alfred Kroeber and Thomas Waterman as the last of a remnant band of Yahi people native to the Deer Creek region.
The UC anthropologists immediately went north to Oroville and brought him back to live on the Parnassus campus, giving him the name Ishi which meant man in the Yahi language. He was approximately 50 years old. From the moment of Ishi’s arrival in San Francisco that September 6th, he was a sensation. Stepping off the train in his new hometown, this man who had intentionally avoided white people for his whole life was suddenly surrounded by photographers and well-wishers. Kroeber declared to the press that Ishi was "without a doubt the most uncontaminated aborigine in the known world today.” During the next four years, the anthropologists and physicians at UC would learn much from Ishi, as he demonstrated his toolmaking, hunting skills, and spoke his tribal stories and songs. Newspapers frequently referred to Ishi as the "last wild Indian," and the press was full of anecdotes referring to Ishi's reaction to twentieth-century technological wonders like streetcars, theaters, and airplanes.
As white populations grew, their encroachment on native territories often resulted in deaths by disease, massacres and removal of the remaining population to reservations. Located in the Sierras near the early mines, the Yahi were thought to number some 400 people when gold was first discovered, but were reduced to under 100 due to a series of massacres at the hands of miners and settlers in the 1860’s and 1870’s, plus loss of traditional food sources and disease. The extermination of the Yahi was so complete that by 1872, anthropologists and Indian Affairs officials believed there to be only around a dozen surviving Yahi. By the time land surveyors stumbled across them in 1908, only Ishi's family, his mother, a sister and an uncle remained. By 1911, Ishi was the sole survivor of the Yahi.
In his writings, Waterman respectfully noted Ishi's "gentlemanliness, which lies outside of all training and is an expression of inward spirit.” The records of the time reveal much mutual respect and understanding on the part of Ishi and his scientist-observers. Each weekend, hundreds of visitors flocked to Parnassus to watch Ishi demonstrate arrow making and other aspects of his tribal culture.
The relationship between Kroeber, Waterman and Ishi was a complicated one. The Museum of Anthropology housed Ishi in the rooms they kept for visiting Indians. They requested no rent from the Yahi but in exchange for his free home and free medical care at the University hospital next door, put him to work caring for the Egyptian room of the museum and assisting the janitor in other parts of the building.
Protected in this academic womb, Ishi was subject to the control of the anthropologists that sought to study him and study him they did, analyzing everything from the size of his head, which was one of the broadest measured in natives in Northern California, to his tool making abilities to recording his traditional songs on wax cylinders, and bow-hunting techniques. This paternalism was characteristic of the wider attitude of white men towards native peoples in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Having received no complaints about the “wild man’s” treatment, government officials responsible for the welfare of indigenous peoples expressed no interest in Ishi’s situation after December 1911, leaving the anthropologists full control over the man.
Those officials may have been the only ones not interested in Ishi. The Museum turned down multiple bids by private amusement companies that sought to purchase him to appear in their shows. Four theaters, including the Empress and Portola on Market Street, made lucrative offers for Ishi to star on the vaudeville stage. Ishi made only one formal stage appearance outside the museum at the Orpheum Theater in 1911. It wasn’t that Museum officials didn’t want Ishi to perform, it was that they didn’t want him to perform to the benefit of any other commercial outfit. Instead of existing in a “human zoo” among other native captives, Ishi was stuck in a private zoo whose objectives in exhibiting the Indian were to the benefit of “science” versus entertainment.
Every Sunday the Museum held a reception day for the last Yahi. In his first receptions, Ishi was required to shake the hands of museum goers which could number in the thousands but, as the weeks progressed, so did Ishi’s performances. A typical Sunday might include demonstrations of stone tool making, the use of a bow and arrow or weaving fishnets along with a slide show and the display of tribal artifacts. On one special occasion on January 22, 1912, Ishi was pitted against a visiting Yuki Indian, Ralph Moore, in a gambling competition.
Ishi’s presence at the Museum of Anthropology was a huge boom for ticket sales and was probably no surprise to any of the university staff that regulated his life. "Ishi has not been a bad advertisement for the museum," stated special agent Kelsey matter-of-factly. “He has run up the attendance from 30 per week to more than three thousand some weeks." Despite his exploitation by the museum, Ishi was not a captive. He regularly explored San Francisco's parks and open spaces and apparently frequently visited a cave on Mt. Sutro above the museum. He enjoyed visiting the bison enclosure in Golden Gate Park, learned the streetcar and ferry system and put on 40 pounds over the years, as he developed a taste for doughnuts and ice cream sodas. With time, the public lost interest in Ishi and he spent the last years before his death from tuberculosis in 1916 under care of the museum. After deducting his medical expenses, Ishi had only $171 to his estate which he made by selling picture postcards of himself to museum goers, despite five years of work as a research subject and janitor.
Lacking acquired immunity to the diseases common among European Americans, Ishi was often ill. He was treated by Saxton T. Pope, a professor of medicine at UCSF. Pope became close friends with Ishi, and learned from him how to make bows and arrows in the Yahi way. He and Ishi often hunted together. Ishi was terrified of the concept of a human autopsy and the way it tore away body from spirit after death. Before he died in 1916, Ishi requested that his body be burned to liberate his soul. His cremation was granted in a clearly stated letter from Kroeber. Unfortunately, because Kroeber was away at the time of Ishi’s death, a medical team was permitted to conduct an autopsy and to remove and preserve Ishi’s brain. Having no use for the preserved brain he encountered upon returning to the museum in October, Kroeber offered it to the National Museum, now the Smithsonian, in Washington D.C.
It was there, in a Smithsonian storage facility in Maryland, that Ishi's brain was discovered floating in a jar of formaldehyde in 1998, sparking two years of work by Native American activists and allies to have his brain repatriated to the closest related tribe remaining in the area, the Redding Rancheria and Pit River Indians. In August 2000, after a vigorous public effort, Ishi finally made it home, back to the forests of Northern California.

-Chronicle of the last Yahi

Randy
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I am a huge Ishi fan. Amazing story. I have been all over the Ishi wilderness and probably just barely touched the history. A little influenced by politics and the Victorian period but still amazing. I do love history.

A good friend of mine has a point made by Ishi. at UC Berkley. It is amazing to touch history.
Matt
California
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

I did better this trip for pics, but I still need to up the ante on pics...

Great trip. We were in the outskirts of a fairly busy campground, so while we could hear kids playing it was in the distance. Tom Mag, and a Russian couple that "got hooked" at Pinnacles some time back, were one row of bushes between us and the privies and the main pack (I didn't walk down there past Toms...)

Marty, Randy, and Duane I knew from previous trips, but first time meeting Matt, Tom and WoodsFisher, Quite a bit of fetteling went on. I had to work on my Sears Jr as it decided to act up - turned out the pricker wire went MIA? I also helped Randy with a soldering job on a brassie leg, and replacement pump for a stove tank that is missing its pump.

The donor we used to reverse engineer how it was assembled, and that one donated it's pump. unfortunately it resisted end plate removal, so we can-openered the end plate (there are a couple of pics above of me wielding a wood chisel and hammer on that while Randy held and turned...) and then soldered the pump from the mangled plate. Randy will need to do some further work at home to complete it.

Here are my pics:

Randy showing some of his stuff to tom and the Russian couple:

Pics of camp setup:

Duane Tailgating:

Matt getting Started

WoodsFisher's:

Marty's Matt's and mine in the far background;

Mine:

And my KK3, boiling water in front of the Panrty/GPA box I built - the double doors act as a windscreen, the GPA side has the "picnic Table Lantern" I built at Pinnacles I, the brass "refueling station" I made from a tank and Canadian 200A brass fount, and 2 SEVA 123 stoves (one SEVA, one clone I got from Duane some time back), Plus parts and tools:

Randy's Kitchen - the stove got sold.

Randy's display line up:

Possibly his Highlight Piece - the H416? (CRS) ARC version:

The Tanks: Right one is the one Randy wanted to save, middle was the donor (big )JB weld?) patch, and a "Rail of rust" from condensation noted when we opened it - not much of a loss)

Levi's traveling 242 - I signed it Levi!:

Matt, buttoned up for wind and rain - rain wasn't a big deal (Sprinkles here and there and Sat afternoon, one 10 min downpour, - that dried up real fast in the breeze). The wind was gusty at times, and all the canopies needed attention one way of another - I was happy my tarp didn't:

Some interesting geologic features, lots of rock outcroppings :

And at one end, what looks a bit like a face - the "right eye" is a late afternoon shadow, the "right" and "mouth" appear to be small caves or depressions?:

Mealtime for Matt, WoodsFisher and Marty, (who finished before I could come back with my camera).

That table has a story I'm surprised Marty or Matt didn't tell: Marty brought table up for Matt, and it was tied upside down on the trailer, and when he got there it was missing one leg (vibrated the stud loose in the bumpy toad...), WoodsFisher was next to arrive and he had picked it up on the road! :lol:

Last Pic; Randy Duane and I punched some holes in a couple of my old empties Sunday after everyone else had left.

Coleman Blue's 243's #341 - 275 Appreciation Syndicate member 0242
FAS #001 Confusing Future Generations of Collectors, One Lantern at a Time!
KK No. 3 Appreciation Klub #1

Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

Wow! What nice photos! Looks like it was a fantastic time!
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
ICCC Member #2202
Milspec Syndicate member #1020
The Coleman Blues 243 #1020 
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1020
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

It sure felt eerie early mornings, only Repo and I were stirring at 5:30, only hearing the roar of my Optimus 8 perking coffee. Loading/unloading or lounging around messed my lower back up, could hardly straighten up. The drive home didn't help.
Great photos guys, thank you for sharing.
Duane
MartyJ
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by MartyJ »

UncleFred wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:13 pm That is an interesting trailer behind the Jeep? I would like to see a photo of it taken down for travel. I did find some other photos in older posts. My biggest question is whether you take the ridge pole down for travel and where do you store it?
Fred,
Here is a couple more. One with the trailer in my driveway ready to go and one loaded up for the trip home. This trip the ridge pole is a little misleading. I only had half of it up just to hang things from. It is a two piece ridge pole that I pull a big awning over when the weather is bad and I use side poles like what you may have seen in other photos. I haul all the poles on the trailer by cinching them up against a frame I made to hold them on top of the trailer. Kind of a make-do set up but that is most of my stuff. Battered, beat up and somehow fairly functioning. The trailer is actually a nuisance, I could easily get by with what I load in the Jeep but I like using it as a backdrop and kitchen and to haul way more stoves and lanterns that I need.

Marty
UncleFred
Colemanaholic

Post by UncleFred »

Thanks, Marty

That all makes a lot more sense now. I saw your complete trailer awning in other photos.
I like how you store your receiver hitch on the trailer tongue.
We do something similar for trailers that we use at our fair that convert from pulling behind a tractor to pulling behind a pickup truck.
Fred
Everyone's Favorite Uncle
Coleman Leacock 635B721 Alliance #8
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I applaud Marty for the trailer although I know its a lot of work for him to tow. Set up, some old sultry music in the background, it makes a great cook station and back drop for the evening mood.
Matt
California
MartyJ
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by MartyJ »

Forgot to include a photo of my favorite Coleman couple, German and Becky. This was taken from the top of the ridge after I nearly killed myself walking up there. They cleverly drove to the top! Who knew the road went up there.

Marty
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

That is a great picture and a great couple!

отличное изображение. Приятно познакомиться с Германом и Бекки! надеюсь увидеть вас на следующем мероприятии.
Matt
California
Gasman64
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Gasman64 »

Great additional pictures everyone, thanks!
Steve
SE Pennsylvania
cptuap
Colemanaholic

Post by cptuap »

Hey Duane! "could hardly straighten up" :) It's hell to get old! If I'd been able to make this trip we would probably have been having coffee together at 5:30. Both in the hunched position but I can smell the coffee now. Good morning sunrise!
Charlie  ICCC#1375
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Charlie, got to listen to my little Optimus 8 for a bit to heat up the cold water. Saturday AM was 51F, next two mornings was 38F, so water got cold by morning. This cold mass has failed to move on, still in the low to mid 30's mornings at my place, I'm sure Reno isn't much better.
My back is out, not so much getting old as lifted wrong and past actions.
Duane
johneliot
Colemanaholic

Post by johneliot »

Looks like a great time. Sorry I missed out.
John
Chico, CA

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” 
― Albert Einstein
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Little teaser here.

Looks like next campout will be calendared for 8/11/22 - 8/14/22 at Ocean Cove Campground, Ocean Cove, CA.

Details forthcoming.

https://www.oceancove.org/
Last edited by Rfieldbuilds on Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy
Marmock
Colemanaholic

Post by Marmock »

Looks like a great time. Sorry to have missed this. My cat bite infected hand is finally looking normal. Final day of antibiotics today. I’ve got the august camp out on my calendar. Randy and I have been talking about it and other options for folks who can’t camp.