Northern California Endless Summer Gathering 8/12 - 8/14

Here is where to post any Gathering/Get-together information & pictures of your gathering thread! Be sure to add it to the calendar too.
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Northern California Endless Summer Gathering 8/12 - 8/14

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

cannonball191 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:27 am Now I'm confused. I already bought the bag of chips and the Gatorade. Two bags in fact. I mean, it's too many people for just one bag, let's be real. And don't get me started on the Gatorade. I put real effort into this part. Different sizes, flip caps, twist tops, wide mouth bottles. So many flavors, classic fruit punch, strawberry, every one of the frost variations, fierce grape (the other fierce flavors all suck), and the perennial favorite, orange. So then I have to read on here that nine other guys are bringing the same stuff? Forget it. I'm not bringing any of it now.
Hummmm, what goes good with chips and gatorade? How about Eel and dip? As I recall, I did catch some monkey face eel out here once. Man them things are mean and tough! With some luck, maybe an Eel sighting is in store for us. :o

https://fishbrain.com/fishing-waters/i4 ... ocean-cove
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I am keeping an eye on the Yreka fires, I am hoping I do not get deployed, I would loose all my days off. Hoping for the best 🤞
Matt
California
cannonball191

Post by cannonball191 »

I'm not sure that a "monkey face eel" is a thing.
Maybe you meant Puppy Monkey Baby.
Matt
Rhubarb
Super Colemanaholic
Title: The Pie Plant

Post by Rhubarb »

Matt, I called the campground office and pre-paid for some fruit punch Gatorade as well as one bag of Scoops tortilla chips. I can't attend in person, but wanted to make sure that I can be there in spirit. Hopefully this isn't an issue?
  Image- Andy
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Rhubarb wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:49 am Matt, I called the campground office and pre-paid for some fruit punch Gatorade as well as one bag of Scoops tortilla chips. I can't attend in person, but wanted to make sure that I can be there in spirit. Hopefully this isn't an issue?
Well, we will leave the light on😉 and have an honorary seat at the table for ya Andy.
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
Marmock
Colemanaholic

Post by Marmock »

I’ve got a line on some cheap camp wood. I’ll bring a small trailer full. Just pitch in $5 at the site and we should have enough for 2 full days/nights of camp fires. More room for lanterns in everyone’s vehicles.
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Campfire? We seem to mostly spend time with stoves, lanterns, projects. Week out, hope I recuperate from my road trip. Bad head and neck ache by the time I got home yesterday. This is almost as far as my drive home yesterday. Still trying to decide where to camp Thursday if I split the drive up.
Duane
Duane-All seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
cannonball191

Post by cannonball191 »

Rhubarb wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:49 am Matt, I called the campground office and pre-paid for some fruit punch Gatorade as well as one bag of Scoops tortilla chips. I can't attend in person, but wanted to make sure that I can be there in spirit. Hopefully this isn't an issue?
Normally, this would be an issue. But I am so overwhelmed with emotion upon hearing that you will not be attendance, that I'm just going to let it be.
Matt
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

If anyone coming to this would like to tidy up some solder repairs on some Primus 96 brass founts I have or try their hand, let me know. I have half a dozen or so that I goosed, some quite old.
Trying to think what to bring now, 234, 235, cool AGM's, Tilley Sportsman Kit Matt wanted to see. Randy wanted to compare my AGM 335's to his I guess. Not much more room. I of course collect Swedish brass stoves, those being the largest stove sector I have.
Duane
Duane-All seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

I would love to drool over some Tilley’s…..I mean look at a few. 😉

I got put back on Graveyards so will get off Thur morning around 6 am. Not sure what time I will roll in or may sleep on the way. Set up the truck to stealth camp so can nap my way down if needed.
Matt
California
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

I've been wanting to bring my Inspection lamp too.
Such a long drive, not looking forward to it, not many will pay back.
Duane
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Looking forward to seeing you guys. Looking forward to some fresh coastal air and cold nights. Looking forward to some good potluck. Marmock Mark has put together the google doc spreadsheet and its getting filled in by quite a few guys, some who are not on CCF.
Take a peek. I’m planning on being mostly loaded this weekend. Off Wednesday night and will roll out there Thursday. Will try and bring a yak Matt, not sure I can muster all the fishing gear I would need for rockfishing, but happy to paddle with ya if the swell is conducive.
Getting back to buy sell trade, I’d be interested in seeing any old (1910-1935)gpa anyone has to sell or trade. Also happy to being parts boxes and help fettle. Maybe even try some soldering if I got all my stuff with me.
Keep checking the weather. Low tide should be great Friday and Sat mornings. We will just have to watch swell reports to see what is in store there.

Edit. Looks like we have a full moon. May not even need lanterns to snack on our chips and gatorade Friday night. Gonna be chilly. We are gonna want that firewood in the AM and at night.

Randy
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Randy, I have three Primus 96 stoves from 1915, three from 1938, can't decide which to sell, not gonna be too cheap. Two each from 1919, 1923, 1928, 1936, 1939, 1940 also. Some may be nickel so would not sell those. Maybe a Primus 97.
Duane

Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

hikerduane wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:05 pm Randy, I have three Primus 96 stoves from 1915, three from 1938, can't decide which to sell, not gonna be too cheap. Two each from 1919, 1923, 1928, 1936, 1939, 1940 also. Some may be nickel so would not sell those. Maybe a Primus 97.
Duane

Duane, thanks for the reply and pic of the stove station. Wow. Some display. It would be neat to see in person some day.
I am gonna pass on the stoves. I should have specified lanterns rather than GPA Duane. Until I get more room all my brassies, backpack stoves and lanterns live in boxes. Id hate to do that to some nice ole 96’s.
Randy
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Kay.
Marmock
Colemanaholic

Post by Marmock »

Here are the spread sheets so far. Let me know what you’d like to add and I’ll add it to the online spread sheet.

Also I should have enough wood for us this weekend.

cannonball191

Post by cannonball191 »

I can't do the spreadsheet, but I will do my "almost world famous BBQ meatballs", maybe Friday, maybe Saturday, maybe both. I swear their better on the second day, lol. And I will attempt a dessert, although forecasts call for a baking failure. Which I may or may not have a history of.
Matt
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

I don't have any civil ideas for Saturday, so Repo and I will wing it, most of my food is bagged up. Up in the air about breaking up the drive or one long slog or Thursday or Friday arrival. Stoves, lanterns are selected, always not enough room. Guess I can pack now as trip to town is out of the way and bone cruncher visited for my neck. Only a couple things to see if they will sell.
Duane
Marmock
Colemanaholic

Post by Marmock »

cannonball191 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:19 pm I can't do the spreadsheet, but I will do my "almost world famous BBQ meatballs", maybe Friday, maybe Saturday, maybe both. I swear their better on the second day, lol. And I will attempt a dessert, although forecasts call for a baking failure. Which I may or may not have a history of.
Put you on the spreadsheet
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

Working 12 hours shift 6 days per week and some Sunday I don’t see I could be there

Sorry guys, maybe another time.
~Pancho~ :cf_howdyhat:

ICCC MEMBER #: 1993

Coleman Blues 243's #163.
FishNChips
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by FishNChips »

The fires are the only thing that could cancel me. Working 12 1/2 hr days right now but they are threatening to cancel our days off. 🤞

Got my food packed, just cooking solo as I have some dietary restrictions.

I need to pack up my kayak gear. Got out my wetsuit, hoping it still fits! Lol. With the wind prediction and a few wind waves I plan to bring my 16’ kayak. Swell forecast looks good!

I will likely head out late Thur afternoon after I get some sleep after work. I will likely roll in the late evening.

Randy did you ever find out if there is power on site (charging my sharkshield and fish finder)? If not I will bring my inverter. I assume the bathrooms have showers? Coin operated? Thanks!!!
Matt
California
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Randy,
I can take a couple cans of fuel.
I read the showers have an exceptional view of the sky. Also, read they request we bring water, sounds like they get lots of wind.
Don't forget to bring a towel.
Just need to pack the ice chest, Repo and carry food to the truck, don't want bears breaking into my garage. A couple things to sell. 220E and ghee ah teen case, Primus 8R is all.
Duane
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Matt. Sorry to hear you wont be eating with us.
Hope those fires hold out.

No power onsite per the management.

There are showers. Not sure if they need quarters or not.
Randy
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Guys!!

If you camp Thursday it is $40. Pay at the store.

If you pay with cash, they will discount it to $35.

I’ll have $6/gallon Coleman Fuel. Please pre order prior to Thursday noon.
Randy
cannonball191

Post by cannonball191 »

Sorry all, I'm out.

Matt
Marmock
Colemanaholic

Post by Marmock »

What a great time. Thank you Randy for organizing this for us. Was a great time. Ok folks when’s the next one. I’m up for further south like David suggested so the socal Collectors can make it.

hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Thank you Randy, fun time. Surprising that the majority of attendees were 6 to 12 hour drive away. Next time I'll have to break up the trip by shorter routes or more camping along the way or stay home. About 7 hours for me to get home. Took the sinuous Hwy from Hopland on 101 over to Clear Lake. Man o man! A sports car coming over that would have been a real thriller. My truck was in 2nd and 3rd about the whole time.
I sold two cases and bought a nicer 200A fount to replace my not so neat one on one of my others and bought two gallons of recycled fuel from Randy.
My 235 took a header off the bench and survived except a mantle.
Duane
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Looks like a good time fellas.. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
Marmock
Colemanaholic

Post by Marmock »

hikerduane wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:38 pm Thank you Randy, fun time. Surprising that the majority of attendees were 6 to 12 hour drive away. Next time I'll have to break up the trip by shorter routes or more camping along the way or stay home. About 7 hours for me to get home. Took the sinuous Hwy from Hopland on 101 over to Clear Lake. Man o man! A sports car coming over that would have been a real thriller. My truck was in 2nd and 3rd about the whole time.
I sold two cases and bought a nicer 200A fount to replace my not so neat one on one of my others and bought two gallons of recycled fuel from Randy.
My 235 took a header off the bench and survived except a mantle.
Duane
It was great to meet you Duane. Sorry Wilson made the 235 fall off the bench. Man that was a heart stopper for sure. Hope to see you next time. Yea that 175 drive from Hopland is a bitch for sure. Going up to the 120 in Ukiah would have been a lot better. Semi trucks use that to get between the 101 and 5. I lived in lake county for a couple years.
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

175 was just a new route for me, was also hoping I could maintain a faster speed, at least most of the way plus it looked shorter. I've been over 120 a number of times to backpack the Lost Coast or meet friends to camp or backpack someplace, as well as motorcycle trips to visit off the main track towns to avoid freeway travel as much as possible with my friend on our way to camp along the coast.
Duane
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

A few pics and hopefully not too many dupes from the trip. May have been an Eel sighting on this trip, and not even on Matt’s stringer.

Randy
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

Was great to see Eel again. The home built trailer was very nice. Forgot, we had three of the rare AGM 335 lanterns, all different. The lightup was the biggest for Norcal/Nev for quite some time.
Duane
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

hikerduane wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:50 am Was great to see Eel again. The home built trailer was very nice. Forgot, we had three of the rare AGM 335 lanterns, all different. The lightup was the biggest for Norcal/Nev for quite some time.
Duane
I actually screwed up and forgot to bring my 335. That was a 455 I brought. 335 missed the train at the platform. Sorry, I got too busy when loading and it didnt make the trip.
Thank You for bringing yours. Always neat seeing the subtle differences from one piece to another.
Randy