WTB: Camp Kitchen

Title should include: for sale, or for trade or wanted to buy. Pricing can be Buy it Now (BIN), Make Offer, or use both. Listing for 30 days or until cancelled by seller. One or more photos of each item. No Ebay Items. Caveat emptor & Caveat venditor.
Rhubarb
Super Colemanaholic
Title: The Pie Plant

Post by Rhubarb »

I'm interested in a good camp kitchen.

I've been looking at the Cabela's deluxe and the GCI master cook station, maybe the Stoic camp kitchen? The new Coleman camp kitchen looks a bit "sus" in the words of my 9-year-old daughter.

Do you have any recommendations?

Do you have something better for sale?

I'm located in 89316 NV. I'm sure shipping will be a bear.

Thanks.
  Image- Andy
camperfanatic01

Re: WTB: Camp Kitchen

Post by camperfanatic01 »

Just fyi, had the Cabela’s Deluxe camp kitchen, it was great, but geez that thing is heavy…. If you are trying to go light, that is not what you want. ;)

I prefer the GCI Outdoor Slim Fold Cook Station. Has enough space, is much lighter and takes up less room than the Cabela’s.
Last edited by camperfanatic01 on Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stovie
Super Colemanaholic

Camp Kitchen

Post by Stovie »

Yes, what he said ^^^.

Make sure you know what you want. I purchased some monster deluxe camp kitchen that has everything and the kitchen sink - literally - and it hardly ever gets used. Don't get me wrong it's nice, but it is relatively heavy and takes up a lot of real estate in a pickup bed. It would be suitable for large fixed camps, or groups of 5 to 10 maybe.
It is sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues
Striek

Post by Striek »

I'm actually considering buying one of these as well. Some campgrounds only provide a single picnic table per site. Well, that one goes into the dining tent, which means unless I "borrow" another table from another site or buy a camp kitchen, I'm running the stove in the dining tent, which for myriad reasons I very much prefer not to.

The Cabela's Deluxe does seem a bit... large. And those "cupboards" it has would very quickly get destroyed anywhere where raccoons or foxes are a problem if you use them to store any kind of food. The whole thing seems to me to be a bit much, and then there's the $300(CAD) price tag.

The GSI though seems right up my alley, but it could use a better spot to hang the long handled cooking utensils. I'd like to read a few reviews and opinions of it before I buy. It's even on sale at MEC right now at 25% off.
If you ate today, thank a farmer.

Call me Ken.
Emorr123
Colemanaholic

Post by Emorr123 »

Using this Coleman kitchen this week…highly recommend.
Eric 
MilspecOps #1272
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1272
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #1272
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #7
ICCC #1789
Striek

Post by Striek »

Emorr123 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:25 pm Using this Coleman kitchen this week…highly recommend.
Eric, did you modify that table at all? The one I'm seeing (LINK) has neither the solid backing nor the kitchen sink. Both would influence my purchase decision.

Call me Ken.
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

>> It's even on sale at MEC right now at 25% off.

What is MEC?
-Jim

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?

Invest now, or you'll miss your chance to lose everything!
Striek

Post by Striek »

JimL wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:24 pm >> It's even on sale at MEC right now at 25% off.

What is MEC?
Sorry - Mountain Equipment Co-op, a large retailer of high-end mountaineering, cycling, watersports, and outdoor recreation products in Canada. Similar product line and business philosophy to REI.

Call me Ken.
Rhubarb
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rhubarb »

Eric, I like that set up! Looking good.

I'm currently slobbering over the "Dine O Max" from SlyVanSport. https://www.sylvansport.com/shop/dine-o ... p-kitchen/

From my research, the Cabela's Camp kitchen leaves a lot to be desired since it was acquired by Bass Pro Shop.

I'm not trying to go light, this will be used in conjunction with my recently acquired late model 12x20 Alaknak tent from Cabela's.

Image- Andy
A Seabee
Super Colemanaholic

Post by A Seabee »

Rhubarb wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:03 am Eric, I like that set up! Looking good.

I'm currently slobbering over the "Dine O Max" from SlyVanSport. https://www.sylvansport.com/shop/dine-o ... p-kitchen/

From my research, the Cabela's Camp kitchen leaves a lot to be desired since it was acquired by Bass Pro Shop.

I'm not trying to go light, this will be used in conjunction with my recently acquired late model 12x20 Alaknak tent from Cabela's.

Is that your property? beautiful out there!
Dan

looking for 1/61, any Coleman lantern
Found 10/95 birthday lantern!
StanDahl
Super Colemanaholic

Post by StanDahl »

Andy - I've got a Coleman camp kitchen (checkers etc) that needs a home. If only we could meet up at a campout one of these days...the next one is scheduled for my first week back in school.
John - ICCC Petty Bureaucrat #CMLXII...
Rhubarb
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rhubarb »

Yes Dan, that is my backyard. We butt up to one of our hay fields and lots of BLM land. Folk associate Nevada with Las Vegas, but there is so much more!

John, I've always wanted an older Coleman camp kitchen...I'd gladly put a deposit down...who knows when I might pick it up? We can PM or email details if you want.

I can't make the surfer gathering either, likely will be haying. Just like every convention, or any summer activities. Maybe I can make it to SoCal for one of those winter gatherings?
  Image- Andy
A Seabee
Super Colemanaholic

Post by A Seabee »

Andy, are you on the eastern side of the state? I really like the trip up US93 through Alamo, Caliente and up to Pioche and Ely

"Folk associate Nevada with Las Vegas, but there is so much more!"

geez, I know. I grew up in Arizona, and everyone thinks the whole state is like Phoenix. you tell them about a pine tree of a lake and they're like "what state are you talking about?"
Dan

StanDahl
Super Colemanaholic

Post by StanDahl »

Rhubarb wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:25 am John, I've always wanted an older Coleman camp kitchen...I'd gladly put a deposit down...who knows when I might pick it up? We can PM or email details if you want.
It's not going anywhere, we'll work something out one of these days. I don't have a picture of it, but it has the case and I think it's in excellent condition...but I'm not sure I've ever opened it up to see.
47 Kitchen & Inflate-All.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John - ICCC Petty Bureaucrat #CMLXII...
Rhubarb
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rhubarb »

Hey Dan, I am located in the NE quadrant of NV. Just 30 minutes north of Eureka, NV . Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/qzLBS8beRzg7e7Bk6

John, I'm your huckleberry, consider it mine. (In the next few years.)
  Image- Andy
A Seabee
Super Colemanaholic

Post by A Seabee »

God's country up there Andy, thanks for the pin drop!
Dan

Up to Light

Post by Up to Light »

Rhubarb wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:10 am I'm interested in a good camp kitchen.

I've been looking at the Cabela's deluxe and the GCI master cook station, maybe the Stoic camp kitchen? The new Coleman camp kitchen looks a bit "sus" in the words of my 9-year-old daughter.

Do you have any recommendations?

Do you have something better for sale?

I'm located in 89316 NV. I'm sure shipping will be a bear.

Thanks.
Cabelas Deluxe Camp Kitchen all the way! Yes it's heavy but has everything you need to have an awesome kitchen! I'm looking for photos of my Cabelas Deluxe Camp Kitchen to upload.
RadMTguy

Post by RadMTguy »

I have the GCI Outdoor Slim Fold Cook Station. I use it because its convenient and folds up nice. It also fits a Coleman stove perfectly. I'm not sure i'd buy it again unless it was on sale.

It's very sturdy!

You MUST have it on flat level ground. I've ran into a few scenarios when dispersed camping where a slight gust of wind could have knocked it over. A few rock shims helped. But a heavy stove and a big cast iron skillet on top is a recipe for disaster if not on flat ground.

The black side trays are nice, but don't expect to put anything heavy on them. Nothing more than a couple pounds.

It's hard to find anything that fits in/on the middle bottom shelf. The crossbars are in the way and make it difficult. The only thing I've found to put there is a milk crate and you still have to maneuver and add a little force getting it in there.

I wish it came with a carrying case..
- Aaron (Montana)

Coleman Blues 243's #0173
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0240
Emorr123
Colemanaholic

Post by Emorr123 »

Striek wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:40 pm
Emorr123 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:25 pm Using this Coleman kitchen this week…highly recommend.
Eric, did you modify that table at all? The one I'm seeing (LINK) has neither the solid backing nor the kitchen sink. Both would influence my purchase decision.
It has not been modified at all.
Eric 
MilspecOps #1272
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1272
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #1272
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #7
ICCC #1789
Up to Light

Post by Up to Light »

Cabelas Deluxe Camp Kitchen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhubarb
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rhubarb »

Hey Mr. Light, that looks like an older, sturdier, iteration of the Cabela's Deluxe Camp Kitchen. Their current offering is advertised as the Bass Pro Kitchen and I think it's not as good as it once was.
  Image- Andy
azmike
Colemanaholic

Post by azmike »

I have a second Coleman Camp Kitchen also. Pretty big parcel to mail for sure.
If you find yourself in south east Arizona while adjusting Zip codes for weather let me know!
Very cool camp set-up, you should get lots of bud's volunteering for deer camp!
Last edited by azmike on Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stovie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Stovie »

^^^ That looks like what I have. I'll have to plug in the weight & dimensions of my Cabela's camp kitchen into the postage calculator. That's a lotta stamps! I bet it's pushing $250 for shipping. And if it isn't well braced and padded in a larger box, it will almost certainly get destroyed.
It is sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues
Rhubarb
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rhubarb »

I'm hoping to use my Alaknak during my bull elk hunt in early November. Very excited!

I like the idea of a "camp kitchen" but I'm sure a few tables will work, too.
  Image- Andy
Matt

Post by Matt »

I have the GCI Master Cook Station, got it open box for about a bill. I have not used it yet but set it up once to have a look. It seems to be of reasonable quality, but again, not tested. The size is not bad and it is not terribly heavy. It would be better suited when cooking for more than the 2 of us, overkill, I usually just use some combination of my Coleman stove stand, stove plus chef trays, or picnic table. Pics shown next to a 3x3 folding table for size reference, I think it may be lighter than that too. Forgive the blasphemy of the propane stove, ban me now!

azmike
Colemanaholic

Post by azmike »

Matt- your stove/table is a better design than the Coleman Kitchen. The kitchen's deep sides and back only adds to the YUGE mass.
Rhubarb
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rhubarb »

Matt, that particular profane stove is definitely the real deal. Nothing to be ashamed of! I've kept my eyes open for a deal on a Partner Steel stove ever since I noticed one on a rafting trip on the Middle Fork of the American River in CA.

If the GCI can handle that, I'm sure a three burner Coleman shouldn't be a problem.
  Image- Andy
Newfie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Newfie »

It was a coop but isn't anymore. The C now stands for Company. MEC is now American owned.

I never did believe it was a coop. Members never did get member dividends. Profits were "reinvested into the coop". At least REI pays a member dividend.

Striek wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:29 pm
JimL wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:24 pm >> It's even on sale at MEC right now at 25% off.

What is MEC?
Sorry - Mountain Equipment Co-op, a large retailer of high-end mountaineering, cycling, watersports, and outdoor recreation products in Canada. Similar product line and business philosophy to REI.
Shane Looking for the following Canadian birthday lanterns or lamps: 2-32, 6-34,
Matt

Post by Matt »

Rhubarb wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:39 am Matt, that particular profane stove is definitely the real deal. Nothing to be ashamed of! I've kept my eyes open for a deal on a Partner Steel stove ever since I noticed one on a rafting trip on the Middle Fork of the American River in CA.

If the GCI can handle that, I'm sure a three burner Coleman shouldn't be a problem.
Ha, nice pun, thank you for the pass :). The Partner is definitely well made. I can say that the table setup seem to handle that and the 413 well, the shelf also did OK with a full 5lb tank.

I will be getting my gear together this weekend for a 2 week road trip starting Friday. I will try to get some shots with a 3-burner or 2 and post here.

If you go that route, I hope it meets your needs. Like I said before, I have not had the opportunity to use it in the wild, but it seems decently made. The only thing I might be concerned with was mentioned earlier regarding stability and being level, but I think that applies to most / all of these, as they seem to be similarly sized (height and depth) If it matters to you, one of the reasons I went with this was the fact that it is all one piece and just unfolds, nothing separate to attach, etc.
brucesheehe
Super Colemanaholic
Title: ECCENTRIC BLOCKHEAD

Post by brucesheehe »

The new Coleman camp kitchen table is light duty - very light construction.

The top of the table is fiberboard and is only moisture resistant not moisture proof. When my kitchen was out in the rain, the fiberboard started to swell - I could tell it would fail.

To solve the problem, I coated both sides of the table's fiberboard surface with 3 coats of marine spar varnish. It has been good since then. It is light duty - basically a small table and small stove table.

I have the big Coleman camp kitchen. It is deluxe, but very heavy - good for long-term camping, or camping for a crowd.
Bruce Sheehe, aka ECCENTRIC BLOCKHEAD
ICCC #889 - Connoisseur of Time, Friends, Leisure, & Coleman   Altoona, PA - The Mountain City - Near The Eastern USA Continental Divide
Up to Light

Post by Up to Light »

Rhubarb wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:09 am Hey Mr. Light, that looks like an older, sturdier, iteration of the Cabela's Deluxe Camp Kitchen. Their current offering is advertised as the Bass Pro Kitchen and I think it's not as good as it once was.
Hello Mr. Rhubarb! Yes my kitchen is the older Cabelas Deluxe Camp Kitchen. Very sturdy. Green cloth cabinets, white top prep areas. I have other photos that I am looking for where I have my cast iron pans on the middle shelve and two Coleman Lanterns on the top hangers, coffee mugs, spatulas on the middle hangers. For me this kitchen was a must have.
Matt

Post by Matt »

azmike wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:39 pm Matt- your stove/table is a better design than the Coleman Kitchen. The kitchen's deep sides and back only adds to the YUGE mass.
I have not one in person, but from the pictures, yeah, it does look thick. Kind of cool though to have utensil space or whatever at the ready!
Rhubarb
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rhubarb »

Today's Cabela's Deluxe Camp Kitchen isn't near as good as it once was.
  Image- Andy
Up to Light

Post by Up to Light »

Rhubarb wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:20 am Image

Today's Cabela's Deluxe Camp Kitchen isn't near as good as it once was.
Wow! That is the new Cabelas Deluxe Camp Kitchen?!! I sure am glad I purchased mine when Cabelas was still owned by Cabelas!
Annieclove

Post by Annieclove »

I'm working on my first camp kitchen after having just a drawer with a stove in it. I'm planning on making a drawer for the area underneath the stove, but still not sure how I'm going to organize the bin on the left. I've used it a handful of times and I love it!! Slides right into my drawer system and isn't too heavy! There are many more suggetion on thebarbec.com. Wouldn't mind suggestions on how to organize the left side of this camp kitchen.

1oldfart
Colemanaholic

Post by 1oldfart »

That's awesome! You could even put a mattress on top of that and sleep in the vehicle.
Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

We have the older Cabelas camp kitchen also. We love it, holds a bunch of stuff for outdoor cooking and storage. I’m not a fan of the newer version. We leave ours under the table in our camper when we are not camping so it’s not really in the way.

Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020
The Coleman Blues 243 #1020 
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1020
camperfanatic01

Post by camperfanatic01 »

I picked up a Coleman camp kitchen like pictured above in post 5 for $10 at a yard sale today, looks almost new…. definitely doesn’t have the sturdiness of the old bigger Cabela’s I had, but at least I can move this one by myself. Excited to try it later this week.
Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

Great! Nice score!
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020
The Coleman Blues 243 #1020 
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1020