For Sale-Taking orders: Certain Handy Gas Plant Paper Labels

Title should include: for sale, or for trade or wanted to buy. Pricing can be Buy it Now (BIN), Make Offer, or use both. Listing for 30 days or until cancelled by seller. One or more photos of each item. No Ebay Items. Caveat emptor & Caveat venditor.
ossodiseppia

For Sale-Taking orders: Certain Handy Gas Plant Paper Labels

Post by ossodiseppia »

Hi folks,

As some of you may know, I have made up some HGP labels for a friend of mine. Reese, AKA @Cottage_hill_bill suggested I run an ad to see what interest there is in my labels. The thread I started can be seen here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29118

I am a stickler for details and don't like making things that aren't as close to exact as can be made. My reason for being a stickler is that I prefer to make things that are as true to the original as possible. My forte is creating stickers for vintage Alfa Romeos. I have made a lot of people very happy with my creations. Providing something that no one else does or can is what gives me a warm fuzzy. These Coleman HGP labels have been quite fun to create. I think I've made some folks pretty happy with the few that I have sold.

I believe there are different vintages of labels for each of the HGP models. Unfortunately, I've not been able to identify the years in which these were used. The picture below shows the three versions of the company name that I have found on these labels. I have also found some sort of form number on the labels, very similar to the form numbers that are found on the Coleman publications. Although one of my labels does not have a form number, I prefer not to make any more that are missing this information. If I am to make any new ones, they will need to be complete with form number.

I think the bottom one is from around 1945, when Coleman shortened the company name. The one on top, I believe is the oldest.

That said, I can offer the following:

I can also offer this one for the 457. Agostino Del Corro was kind enough to send me a nice sharp image of the label.

I am interested in getting more pictures of the various labels, even if all that can be supplied is a picture of a partial label. It gives me information that I can use to build a database. Once I have all of the information I need for a label, I can make it and offer it to collectors.

I am sorry for my long dissertation. The price for a single label shipped via first class mail with tracking is $15 (CONUS). If you want additional labels, they are $10 each. If you live in Canada, there is no affordable shipping that provides tracking.

I'll leave this open for the next month so folks can have time to decide what they want and que up for the labels. I'll have them printed in mid October.
Last edited by ossodiseppia on Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam_McCord
Colemanaholic

Re: For Sale-Taking orders: Certain Handy Gas Plant Paper Labels

Post by Sam_McCord »

Are these paper, vinyl, peel and stick, waterslide? Some details about the labels might help.
Doug

Why is there never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over?
ossodiseppia

Post by ossodiseppia »

They are peal and stick paper labels. My ad is titled Certain Handy Gas Plant Paper Labels. :cf_absolutely:
10gage
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 10gage »

I’d be interested. I’ve been on the fence with this one. I think it’s the upper most pic you have. I believe it’s one of the older 457g.
James gage sizemore
milspec syndicate #1941
slant savers #68
quicklite crew#43
Coleman blues 243s #167
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

I will vouch, that these exceeded my expectations. The quality far exceeds what we normally see for repop decals.
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
Brian_F

Post by Brian_F »

Here is a 460 with form number.
Brian Falkowski
ICCC Member #1437
ossodiseppia

Post by ossodiseppia »

10gage wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:31 pm I’d be interested. I’ve been on the fence with this one. I think it’s the upper most pic you have. I believe it’s one of the older 457g.
I agree, it looks like it's that first one.
Rfieldbuilds wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:48 amI will vouch, that these exceeded my expectations. The quality far exceeds what we normally see for repop decals.
Thank you for the kudos, Randy! Much appreciated.
Brian_F wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:15 amHere is a 460 with form number.
Thank you, Brian! I am so vey happy to have this picture. I will get started on the print file and ad the label to the list that I offer. This one looks like its a later version.