OT, 4sale, mini computer, Home Office, media streaming, etc. $85 (SOLD)

Title should include: for sale, or for trade or wanted to buy. Pricing can be Buy it Now (BIN), Make Offer, or use both. Listing for 30 days or until cancelled by seller. One or more photos of each item. No Ebay Items. Caveat emptor & Caveat venditor.
nevada_ed
Administrator

OT, 4sale, mini computer, Home Office, media streaming, etc. $85 (SOLD)

Post by nevada_ed »

Not a powerful computer, but it will run Libre Office (mostly compatible with Microsoft Office). It uses an Intel processor you would find in cheaper Note Books, Tablets, but better than the cheapest of them, it comes with an office suite. Pictures of the model. It is window 10 home OS, can not be upgraded Windows 11. It is Wifi connection only no Ethernet connection unless you get a USB Ethernet adapter, I have on and can add the Ethernet adapter with three USB 3 ports for 10.00, see picture below.

It will need a mouse, keyboard, and monitor to use. An inexpensive computer with practical home use, student, internet, office suite, was used as a media server in the RV for media, HBOmax, email, internet surfing and more.

85.00 includes priority shipping USA. Post in thread, then message. Make offer but it would have to be very close to the asking price, PM for any questions I will try answer and/or help with you consideration to buy.

Note on above picture, it does not really support Windows 11 without some pretty tricky stuff.

Ed

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Deanofid

Re: OT, 4sale, mini computer, Home Office, media streaming, etc. $85

Post by Deanofid »

Hey Ed;
If I hook this to "a" laptop, can I use it as the main computer for the laptop's monitor, or would I need to get a monitor specific to this device?

I have a USB keyboard, and I have plug-in speakers and wifi via router from DSL.
Just want to browse and watch TV shows on Amazon and like that.

I'll be working until about 3:41 pm tomorrow. By 3:49 I may be taking a nap. I'm old like you so fall asleep easily during the day, but not at night. You can call if you like. You know the number...

Dean

I'm not kidding you. Might need this in case the ching-wa thing goes belly up.
Dean -Midnight Kerosene Ritualist--Deans Machine:  www.deansmachine.com  
ICCC #1220.   275 commiseration #0018.
"In Him was life, and His life was the Light of men."  John 1:4
nevada_ed
Administrator

Post by nevada_ed »

Lol, sorry you can't hook it up to another computer directly, but..... I can make it so the computers see each other and if you want have the screen of either show on the screen of the other, and control one computer with the other one (just leave the other computer on and operate both from one keyboard/mouse and one monitor. I can send it pre-installed and, do the actual set-up remote from my computer to make it easy (it can use WiFi or Ethernet). This is for Dean and any other person interested to have this done (even if you are not buying my offering here) I enjoying doing this stuff really.

Ed

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Deanofid

Post by Deanofid »

One more question, Ed;
I have an older HP, for which I have three good batteries and it has a bootleg Win 7 on it. I don't use it. The bootleg came from the hard drive crashing and when the computer guy put in a new one he used a "generic" Win 7 that he had. Now that laptop always has a little note in the lower right corner saying the Win version is not authorized.

If I wipe that laptop, and I plug in this little box you have and get the wiped laptop to "see" the cube and use it for booting up with the Win version that is on your little box, can that older laptop run in that manner?

I'm interested. Just don't want to get something that won't work for me. I'm not a (compliment alert!) nerd, like you, brother.

Dean
nevada_ed
Administrator

Post by nevada_ed »

Humm, recently I have found a source for inexpensive windows 10 licenses, some versions of windows are quite cheap, I used one for a friends computer, he choose to order Windows 10 home ($8.00). I download the window media install tool, used it to make a windows 10 home install from a USB drive, then...... ordered the license, the code came in an email in maybe 5 minutes, when the install asked for the code I entered it, and dang it completed the install and was activated. It has been working a month now after having all the updates etc. Is it legal? I am not sure, we used to get product keys from computers that were being disposed of, those that had the full license, not the type where you bought it for one computer and only that exact computer use, but the kind that could be put one computer and then another if the old computer was never used again, or in the case of a ten seat license for business the license never showed it in use on more than ten seats, one seat or a hundred seats those licenses almost always were purchased by businesses. Just in case I would have to talk to you on the phone to explain how to get one.

Ed

Deanofid

Post by Deanofid »

Well, it sounds like it has a Win 10 license from your description, Ed. If that is so, and Win 10 is making it work, I think I'll take it. Will give us another reason to talk on the phone when I have no idea what to do with it... ;) (supposed to be a wink, there.)
I would like the USB hub thing too, please, if that is available and if you can make it work for me.
I know my ABCs. I know my numbers. I know how to color Easter eggs. Being a machinist I know how to make a nukeleer reackkter, but I don't know computer stuff.

Let me know your payment method, please.
Also, I think Murff wants to chew on you for a while. I didn't lie about you, I promise!
nevada_ed
Administrator

Post by nevada_ed »

Ok, sold, if you have paypal that works for me. I am open to other methods.

Ed