Cooler age?

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
Mu37strd

Cooler age?

Post by Mu37strd »

Hi all. This is my first post. I’ve been messing around with lanterns and stoves for a few years now and just picked up my first cooler. Can anyone help me out with the age? The guy I got it from said he thinks he bought it about 40 years ago. The only numbers I can find on the bottom appear to be a 7 and a 09. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Cooler age?

Post by outlawmws »

Look for a round set of numbers with a pointer.
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 
Coleman Blue's 243's #341 - 275 Appreciation Syndicate member 0242
FAS #001 Confusing Future Generations of Collectors, One Lantern at a Time!

“A Human Being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, give orders, take orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook  a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.  Specialization is for insects.”            - Lazarus Long

REJ2
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by REJ2 »

Sept, 1970 would be my guess with those numbers
Bob   
Never, ever, leave behind a $5 lamp
Perfection Heater Collectors # 7 --- Coleman Slant Saver #63
MilSpecOps Syndicate #016 --- Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0131 --- Coleman Blues 243 #86
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #047 --- Coleman Quick-Lite Crew #23 --- Gold Bond Collector #21
StanDahl
Super Colemanaholic

Post by StanDahl »

Bob is probably correct on that, Coleman had an odd dating system in the 60's and early 70's.
John - ICCC Petty Bureaucrat #CMLXII...