Generator switch?

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Generator switch?

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

Ok, So I've seen and read about taking a 201 generator an installing it in a 200A to convert to Kerosene burning.The question is ... is there a cross reference index for newer model lantern generators that will work in older models? I drove 18 miles just to buy the closest source of mantels because I want to use them NOW and don't want to wait till I finish my order to Mike and then wait for USPS ( I've seen all the complaints here!)and the Camping/ bait store had two Generators .. 1) 296-5891 and 2) 639-B299L. Each package said for use in the 296 , and 639 lanterns respectively. The 639 is huge and looks like a 237 Kero genny to me. I wouldn't mind having a spare or two lying around even though I've been having good luck cleaning the old ones up and reusing them. Any expierence with swapping generators out ? Help? I can just wait and include a few in my order but I thought it would be nice to just grab an odd ball generator here and there when you run into one, just to have around in case you needed the whole thing or parts of it. Any input would be appreciated....
Wayne signing off...

What's the lowest you'll take for this lantern?                                                

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
WYSIWYG
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Generator switch?

Post by WYSIWYG »

Neither will work on your 200
John        
One in every public place...

ICCC #1338    IDITOS  #2654
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate. Member #0059
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #004
Member of CCF  Chromostereopsis  Club
WYSIWYG
Super Colemanaholic

Post by WYSIWYG »

But it is always a good idea to have a few spares laying around !!
John        

Deanofid

Post by Deanofid »

Hey Wayne;
I can only guess that you have a typo in your Coleman generator part number in the one that says
Camping/ bait store had two Generators .. 1) 296-5891
I'm guessing you must have meant 295-5891 rather than 2-9-6.... Right?
That would be for a 295 dual fuel, or what is called a Powerhouse lantern, and the one that says 639.... etc is for a 639 Kero lantern.
If you want a genny for a 201 kero lantern, you will probably only find it at OCP or the Coleman website.

Also, a 639 gen doesn't work on a 237 lantern.
Dean -Midnight Kerosene Ritualist--Deans Machine:  Deansmachine.com  
ICCC #1220.   275 commiseration #0018.
"In Him was life, and His life was the Light of men."  John 1:4
Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

Thanks John, but will they work on others? I've got 242c's 220 B's and other 220's 228's 236's , 237's etc. and am always looking for more!!! Should I just collect generators as well as lanterns (and now lamps!)? Doyou? Does anybody?

And Dean , yeah , I think I can't read my own writing... I jotted down the numbers while I was in the store. thought it might seem odd to take pictures with a phone :roll:
Wayne signing off...

WYSIWYG
Super Colemanaholic

Post by WYSIWYG »

folks collect most anything !!

I have a few generators on hand
generators.jpg
most NOS just a few of mine that were handy

Those two generators won't work on any of the stuff you mentioned but... I have been know to buy generators for stuff I don"t have. YET !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John        

Deanofid

Post by Deanofid »

Jeepstircrazy wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:46 am ...thought it might seem odd to take pictures with a phone :roll:
You have a phone that takes pictures? Really? My phone is plugged into the wall and all it does is transport another person's voice into the ear piece on the hand set, and then transports my voice to the person on the other end of the line. It's pretty cool. I can talk to my sister in Coeur d'Alene without even leaving the house!

Phones with pictures. Where will it all end? Next thing I know you'll be me telling Ford beat Ferrari in the Gran Pee or some other weird stuff. Like magic or somethin'.
You're a pretty good kidder, Jeep dude. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise...
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Gee Dean, what would you say if I said I can have a face to face call with someone with an portable phone? You know, Dick Tracy stuff?

It can even take: MOVIES!
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 
Coleman Blue's 243's #341 - 275 Appreciation Syndicate member 0242
FAS #001 Confusing Future Generations of Collectors, One Lantern at a Time!

“A Human Being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, give orders, take orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook  a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.  Specialization is for insects.”            - Lazarus Long

Deanofid

Post by Deanofid »

outlawmws wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:03 am Gee Dean, what would you say if I said I can .....
It can even take: MOVIES!
Oh that's just silly, Bob. If it were true, "they" would have tole me, Mike.
And movies..., c'mon Steve, no way. Even Hollywood is having trouble making decent movies that have sound that is matched to the lips of the actors, Rich. Heck, William Powell and Myrna Loy are barely believable when they do the "talkie" stuff.

I saw one time on this new T.V. gizmo that they were going to put men on the moon, Norm. Yeah, right. Like all the people who live on the moon are all female. It's so crazy, Doug. If they were going to put people on the moon, I'm sure they would send wimmen too, just so the (ha-ha) "moon---MEN" would have someone to talk to. Right Gary?

Anyway, nice try Chris, but I wasn't born on the turnip truck last night...
Gunhippie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Gunhippie »

Deanofid wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:28 am
Jeepstircrazy wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:46 am ...thought it might seem odd to take pictures with a phone :roll:
You have a phone that takes pictures? Really? My phone is plugged into the wall and all it does is transport another person's voice into the ear piece on the hand set, and then transports my voice to the person on the other end of the line. It's pretty cool. I can talk to my sister in Coeur d'Alene without even leaving the house!

Phones with pictures. Where will it all end? Next thing I know you'll be me telling Ford beat Ferrari in the Gran Pee or some other weird stuff. Like magic or somethin'.
You're a pretty good kidder, Jeep dude. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise...
You can talk to people you can't see? I need to get into this "technology" stuff more!
It's priceless until someone puts a price on it.
Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you criticize him--then you're a mile away, and he has no shoes.
Texan's last words: "Y'all--hold my beer--I wanta' try sumptin'."
Timm--Middle of nowhere, near the end of the road, Oregon.
Deanofid

Post by Deanofid »

Gunhippie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:27 am You can talk to people you can't see? I need to get into this "technology" stuff more!
Darn right you do, Scooter. Heck, I can talk to people I can't see even without one of them fancy Tele-Phones. I mean, they're everywhere here in Idaho.
Y'all come and visit some time...

I gotta go. Buford is talking to me. He lives in the bathroom wall and he gets lonely..
Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

Somebody has inhaled too many naphtha vapors during their lifetime.....
Wayne signing off...

gwillmot
Colmanaholic

Post by gwillmot »

Ya ..... I thought they only came out at night!
Still Crazy After All These Years

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mark 16:16