Can anyone identify this propane lantern?

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
basenjib123

Can anyone identify this propane lantern?

Post by basenjib123 »

Can anyone identify this propane lantern? I need a regulator for it but I can’t even find a model number. It belonged to a friend who has passed away, otherwise, I wouldn’t bother with it, Thanks, Joe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Can anyone identify this propane lantern?

Post by campinut »

Brinkmann propane lantern..campinut

Like a moth at night, I am attracted to the light!..7/7/1964...Russ, from Missouri..
basenjib123

Post by basenjib123 »

Thank you so much, I have been searching assuming it was coleman for 2 hours online, LOL...
campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Post by campinut »

Google Terry Marsh brinkmann lantern and scroll down. Not sure of the model # but they made a silver and black model..campinut
Like a moth at night, I am attracted to the light!..7/7/1964...Russ, from Missouri..
basenjib123

Post by basenjib123 »

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Looks like I'm out of luck finding parts for it though, oh well...maybe I will get lucky and bump into one.
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

Put it on your ebay watch list.
-Jim

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?

Today's forecast calls for 100% chance of coffee!
basenjib123

Post by basenjib123 »

JimL wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:17 am Put it on your ebay watch list.
Good Idea, the prices on there are insane though.
campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Post by campinut »

One on there now! Waiting to gamble on a lantern for parts, might be a long wait. What is going on with yours?..campinut
MotorcycleDan
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by MotorcycleDan »

The regulator is built into the valve that you are showing in the picture. I am not seeing how it will come apart though. With the Coleman ones, you can take them apart. I have had to replace the Schrader valve on a few of the Coleman ones when they would not shut off completely.
Dan ICCC #900
ICCC Treasure
basenjib123

Post by basenjib123 »

campinut wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:49 pm One on there now! Waiting to gamble on a lantern for parts, might be a long wait. What is going on with yours?..campinut
Well, first problem is the igniter got switch got melted together somehow so that is kaput. Also, the valve will not turn off completely. I guess I should say that I need a valve rather than a regulator..
campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Post by campinut »

It would be cheaper to buy a lantern and switch out the parts. It will still be your friends lantern but a rebuilt one..campinut
basenjib123

Post by basenjib123 »

campinut wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:02 pm It would be cheaper to buy a lantern and switch out the parts. It will still be your friends lantern but a rebuilt one..campinut
Yes, I think you are right. Brinkmann is out of business. I called around and nobody has the valve part replacement. Thanks for all of your replies.
basenjib123

Post by basenjib123 »

campinut wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:02 pm It would be cheaper to buy a lantern and switch out the parts. It will still be your friends lantern but a rebuilt one..campinut
Yes, I think you are right. Brinkmann is out of business. I called around and nobody has the valve part replacement. Do you have any idea what these sold for new? Thanks for all of your replies.
campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Post by campinut »

My guess would be $25-35 dollars. I think they came out in the 90's? When I find something on ebay, you need to concentrate on the purchase price and not the total price. Shipping rates are high now and buyers are usually giving you the going rate on shipping and not for their time listing, selling, packaging and transportation. Good luck, campinut
basenjib123

Post by basenjib123 »

Thanks for the replies I appreciate it