kooklite SOLVED

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
tandm7

kooklite SOLVED

Post by tandm7 »

Both my kooklite tops pivot back and forth about an inch on the post. I've heard they don't cook well but how would you even balence something without spilling everywhere? Is this normal or am I missing something? Also the ring shaped like a jar lid is in two different places on my two units. One is placed over the sliding reflectors which seems correct. The other is stuck on the bottom of the cooktop to limit it's play when sitting on the vent? But mostly what am I missing to make the cooktops more stable?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tandm7 on Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birthday lanterns iso
10/38   4/44   12/77
2/94    5/97    11/99

Thanks,
MarkB
campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Re: kooklite tops.

Post by campinut »

Can you add washers to stabalize it. There is tabs underneath, maybe you need to straighten them? They do require a ball nut, not seeing yours..campinut
Like a moth at night, I am attracted to the light!..7/7/1964...Russ, from Missouri..
rob_pontius
Super Colemanaholic

Post by rob_pontius »

It's just the way that they are. The sleeve area on the ball nut is longer than the thickness of the control, allowing it to rock back and forth. Mine does the same thing as well. I haven't tried it, but maybe using a standard ball nut instead of the original will allow it to be tightened down a bit more. I second the use of washers. Use fender washers as they have a large diameter with a small hole.
Rob
andjones

Post by andjones »

You need to put the fins down, they are supposed to rest on the vent. Your picture show that they are pointed up. Putting the fins on the vent stabilizes the cook surface and takes up the space that you are having difficulty with.

The ring should be on the lower portion to support the sliding door.
Andy
tandm7

Post by tandm7 »

Thanks Andy. Makes total sense now. Thought those fins were to adjust the top vent opening... Funny I found 2 a year apart the same way, fins up.
Birthday lanterns iso
10/38   4/44   12/77
2/94    5/97    11/99

Thanks,
MarkB