just picked up a 220f

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
longibson

just picked up a 220f

Post by longibson »

found a 220F in great shape little dirty from sitting in garage. It fired right up with a new set of mantles. Only problem is the cleaning pricker leaver that sticks out only moves a little don't want to force it, figured i would let it run for a while and retry. any precautions if i need to take it lose to clean? Thanks for everyone's help I have the bug bad
zoomkat
Super Colemanaholic

Re: just picked up a 220f

Post by zoomkat »

Cleaning levers can get stiff and hard to turn. You might keep working it some to see if it frees up. Do note that a previous owner may have had it apart in the past and not reassembled it correctly in regards to how the lever interfaces with the eccentric block. If it doesn't free up, you might remove the generator and see if the lever is moving the eccentric block as expected.
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Leviticus_Tomethreus »

Heat up the lever where the packing is and spin it bunches of times. Off the lantern our course
My friends don’t call me “Lantern/lampie Levi” for nothin’,if they did call me that.
Looking for bday lanterns 8/38, 8/41,
10/25, and 8/07
The biggest lie I tell myself is ”I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it.”
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday” -A.A. Milne
Now officially ICCC member #1995. Most likely the youngest member with a registered name.

You guessed it, Levi Tomey 
Chucker

Post by Chucker »

What Zoom says, a PO may have taken it apart and reassembled it improperly.

It's often the eccentric that has been reinstalled incorrectly that causes what you describe.
Chuck
"...Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time. But no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil days to come." Isaiah 57:1-2

Eye-SEE-C-C Member #1333 -- MilSpecOps #003
"Michigan - from the Ojibwa word “meicigama,” meaning “great water.”