Plating Service for An AGM Fount

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
VWDiesel

Plating Service for An AGM Fount

Post by VWDiesel »

I have a Sunflame equivalent to the AGM 3016. Unfortunately the Sunflame fount was a stress crack disaster . Everything else on the lantern is in great shape including the Sunflame logo on the globe .

I have an extra steel AGM 3016 fount I would like to get plated to get the lantern back up and running . I’ve never taken anything to a plating service . Am I looking for electrolytic bright nickel plating ? How much should I expect to pay for this service ? What are the key talking points to specify to the plating service ?

Thank you in advance for your replies .
Dave
25_502s
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Plating Service for An AGM Fount

Post by 25_502s »

I can’t help but will be watching this one. I have one or two that I could do the same.
Jason
not looking for any more Bday gpas. Honestly, if you have a 10-72 don’t let me know about it.
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0214
Coleman Slant Saver #56
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #31
MotorcycleDan
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by MotorcycleDan »

Contact New England Chrome Plating in East Hartford CT. The ICCC uses them for plating the convention host lantern. They also used them for re plating 242's for a custom lantern project for members a few years ago. They do top notch work. They have a web site, or PM me for the phone number.
Dan ICCC #900
ICCC Treasure
VWDiesel

Post by VWDiesel »

Dan - thank you for the reply and contact information NE Chrome Plating . I will send them an e-mail tomorrow to get the ball rolling .

Dave
Rubing
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rubing »

I used New England Chrome Plating on my 319 project. They replated the fount for me after I had the stress cracks repaired. All nickel from the fount up is original.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ICCC # 1402
VWDiesel

Post by VWDiesel »

That’s one good looking fount ! A very good endorsement for New England Chrome Plating. Thanks for sharing .