200A Fuel Pick Up

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
Thedudeinboise

200A Fuel Pick Up

Post by Thedudeinboise »

I'm working on a 5/62 200A and the fuel pick up is a little weird. The needle isn't coming out of the fuel block and there isn't a spring underneath it.

I'm thinking the spring is probably lodged in the fuel block keeping the needle from dropping out. Would it be anything else? Was there a point in 200A production where the fuel pickup needle was machined in permanently?
20210405_143116_copy_756x1008_copy_453x604.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Adam
-Interested in anything late '82 or 3/55
-Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1208
kellyblues
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: 200A Fuel Pick Up

Post by kellyblues »

It's stuck in the valve body. If you have a small enough pin punch you can drive it out from the top.
Milspec syndicate #0044
ICCC member # 1154

Have a heritage lantern for trade only. Pm me if interested

Still learning how NOT to do things.
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

There won't be a way to drive it out from the top as that's the bolt for holding the cage. I've run into this before and it's simply the spring unwound a tad so it won't fall out. You'll need a pick or something to wind it a bit, reducing the diameter, and it'll come out, followed by the needle. Before re-inserting, wind the spring a little tighter by hand to prevent this from re-occurring in the future. It takes very little effort to resolve this.
-Jim

I threw a boomerang a couple years ago; I now live in constant fear.

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?
kellyblues
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by kellyblues »

JimL wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:17 pm There won't be a way to drive it out from the top as that's the bolt for holding the cage. I've run into this before and it's simply the spring unwound a tad so it won't fall out. You'll need a pick or something to wind it a bit, reducing the diameter, and it'll come out, followed by the needle. Before re-inserting, wind the spring a little tighter by hand to prevent this from re-occurring in the future. It takes very little effort to resolve this.
^^^^^^
Brain fart. I'm 100% wrong. Okay, I'm off to hide under a rock somewhere, or a pile of rebar............
Milspec syndicate #0044
ICCC member # 1154

Have a heritage lantern for trade only. Pm me if interested

Still learning how NOT to do things.
Thedudeinboise

Post by Thedudeinboise »

I see tue spring in there now, that's exactly the issue. Thanks Jim!
-Adam
-Interested in anything late '82 or 3/55
-Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1208