BernzOmatic profane ??

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
25_502s
Super Colemanaholic

BernzOmatic profane ??

Post by 25_502s »

I have been looking to add one of these globes to my collection for awhile but like everything else they are high $$ right now. Anyway for about the same price as the globe itself I found this NOS lantern. It came with a color matching propane bottle that is empty. My question is are these older bottles refillable like the modern ones?? I know the pros and cons of refilling a disposable tank so I’m not wanting to start a new debate on the subject but I would like to refill this one if possible. Thanks!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason
not looking for any more Bday gpas. Honestly, if you have a 10-72 don’t let me know about it.
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0214
Coleman Slant Saver #56
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #31
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Re: BernzOmatic profane ??

Post by Leviticus_Tomethreus »

Pretty sure they are the exact same as new ones so yeah you can refill
My friends don’t call me “Lantern/lampie Levi” for nothin’,if they did call me that.
Looking for bday lanterns 8/38, 8/41,
10/25, and 8/07
The biggest lie I tell myself is ”I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it.”
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday” -A.A. Milne
Now officially ICCC member #1995. Most likely the youngest member with a registered name.

You guessed it, Levi Tomey 
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Yeah Jason you can refill them just fine. Now you need the blue Bernz lantern 😉 it never ends 😁
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
sjsjr86s

Post by sjsjr86s »

just my 2¢; it's the soldering torch size, 14.1 oz canister. You could definitely refill it but if I were you i'd save that old bottle and use it only for display. Reason is the moisture and freezing you get from filling and using might damage the label or paint. I would instead get a refillable one from flame king on E-Bay and paint it with a rattle can to a similar color. then you can use and refill all you want and not worry about damaging the label/paint.
Steve
San Diego, CA
25_502s
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 25_502s »

Thanks Levi, Toby and Steve!! That’s an excellent idea Steve. No sense in using this canister for anything other than displaying. Since it’s NOS I might not use it anyway but if I do I’ll use a new can. That tip was worth at least $.04. 😁
Jason
not looking for any more Bday gpas. Honestly, if you have a 10-72 don’t let me know about it.
Coleman Slant Saver #56
sjsjr86s

Post by sjsjr86s »

25_502s wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:57 pm Thanks Levi, Toby and Steve!! That’s an excellent idea Steve. No sense in using this canister for anything other than displaying. Since it’s NOS I might not use it anyway but if I do I’ll use a new can. That tip was worth at least $.04. 😁
careful now I may not be able to walk through a door again if you compliment my hacking prowess like that 🤣🤣🤣 keep us updated tho srsly! nice pull!
Steve
San Diego, CA
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

25_502s wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:57 pm Thanks Levi, Toby and Steve!! That’s an excellent idea Steve. No sense in using this canister for anything other than displaying. Since it’s NOS I might not use it anyway but if I do I’ll use a new can. That tip was worth at least $.04. 😁
Wow. Finally one of my guesses is correct!
My friends don’t call me “Lantern/lampie Levi” for nothin’,if they did call me that.
10/25, and 8/07
The biggest lie I tell myself is ”I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it.”
Now officially ICCC member #1995. Most likely the youngest member with a registered name.

25_502s
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 25_502s »

Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 am
You answer a lot of questions correct!!
Jason
Coleman Slant Saver #56
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

25_502s wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:43 pm
Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 am
You answer a lot of questions correct!!
All the easy ones. “Oh, well my 220J don’t light right. Easy F/A tube fix.”
10/25, and 8/07

pagrey

Post by pagrey »

You will easily get a good run out of that bottle without chilling it at all. Just hook it up and put a bit in. The only reason you chill the bottles is to get the bottle completely full. If you treat it like a normal lantern and just dump a bit of fuel into it you'll be able to enjoy it the way it is without the hassle of chilling the bottle, it's not like everybody tops up all their founts every time they run a lantern. To me a vintage lantern like that will look ridiculous with a home depot bottle, at least I don't think I'd enjoy running it that way.
Paul
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Seen mine today 😁

Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
25_502s
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 25_502s »

So my other question is if the lantern is NOS and the fuel bottle came right out of the box why is it empty? Did it slowly leak out the last 50 years? Maybe the seller didn’t want to ship a full canister and drained it somehow?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason
Coleman Slant Saver #56
sjsjr86s

Post by sjsjr86s »

Tgarner01 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:51 pm Seen mine today 😁

we need a "like" button like on Facebook. here's mine.... 👍
Steve
San Diego, CA