Coleman graveyard produces GOLD

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
Mudmasher

Coleman graveyard produces GOLD

Post by Mudmasher »

Currently back on a Coleman Binge, went to my boneyard and pulled out the Black collar, all I need is a good vent. It’s date is 2-53. How would go about restoration of the collar. Steel wool and elbow grease or glass beading most likely use walnut media.

Need help on this one , thought it was a 202 font But on the bottom it’s stamped 6-65 and also stamped on the bottom 200a. What is this plated diamond in the rough ?
“You go to Hell, I’m going to Texas”-Davy Crockett
Rustytank
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: Coleman graveyard produces GOLD

Post by Rustytank »

If you're having trouble loading photos get a photo compressing app to reduce the file size. I use litphoto and reduce them to just under 50% and they usually work. If they don't I reduce them some more.
275 Appreciation Syndicate #0245
Looking for birthday lanterns 11/58, 3/68, 3/73, 11/96, 6/97, 11/97, 12/00
gwillmot
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by gwillmot »

Mudmasher wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:41 pm Currently back on a Coleman Binge, went to my boneyard and pulled out the Black collar, all I need is a good vent. It’s date is 2-53. How would go about restoration of the collar. Steel wool and elbow grease or glass beading most likely use walnut media.
You DO know that the collar is black on purpose? Why would you want to risk damage by using steel wool and elbow grease? Blasting with walneto's? How about just some general cleaner and follow up with FLITZ?
Mudmasher wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:41 pmNeed help on this one , thought it was a 202 font But on the bottom it’s stamped 6-65 and also stamped on the bottom 200a. What is this plated diamond in the rough ?
How about a '65 200a ...... without pics, that's the only thing it could be based on your clues.

Note: These answers based on knowledge provided by the responder and doesn't necessarily match the opinions of the owner of this forum nor other active participants who may wish to join in .... and we thank you for your support.
Bartles and Jaymes
Still Crazy After All These Years

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mark 16:16

Mudmasher

Post by Mudmasher »

Yes, must learn the photo application tips I’ll get my tech savvy kids to teach the old man

My friend, I have restored several things in my 58 yr of life. The 2-53 200a black collar, will be as nice as my in the box,early 70’s unopened 200a. As I said , the BC was found in my boneyard,there is considerable crud and corruption. On my restorations I extensively prep my surfaces and coat accordingly
I’ve been collecting Coleman product for 30 yrs. I Know why the collar is black

Get ready for pics
gwillmot
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by gwillmot »

I am relieved ...... with a name like "Mudmasher", you had me a bit worried!
Scrub on!

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mudmasher

Post by Mudmasher »

My main obsession is antique John Deere tractors.
I have 4 Rice tractors (I’m located 100 miles south of Houston) 830 rice special,4020,5020 and the ultimate 2 wheel drive rice tractor,aka”The Beast” 1977 ,6030. My son have done tractors for FFA AgMech projects. Complete, down to last bolt restorations. Museum quality. The lanterns are a quick,instant gratification, emotional booster.

I donate a restored lantern each year to our local Boy Scouts’ fundraiser auction. Proud to say, both sons are Eagle Scouts, they loved me at camp out and Jamborees.Sunshine of the night , I brightened the night and feed the masses with my 426’s
gwillmot
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by gwillmot »

My wife's from Crowley LA ..... Rice Capital of the World ..... or so they say.

We see plenty of those tractors whenever you go back to visit .... and crawfish farms in the off-season, of course.

Mudmasher

Post by Mudmasher »

I got my Interweb handler coming this weekend to school me on the photo postings.
Y'all get ready,Tractors and Coleman goodies !!
can't wait to get opinions on this 6-65 nickle font 200a
Deanofid

Post by Deanofid »

Mudmasher wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:56 pm Y'all get ready,Tractors and Coleman goodies !!
Bring along a rubber chicken, and we'll have a good ol' time!

Looking forward to your pictures. :)
Dean -Midnight Kerosene Ritualist--Deans Machine:  Deansmachine.com  
ICCC #1220.   275 commiseration #0018.
"In Him was life, and His life was the Light of men."  John 1:4
Cajuncook1

Post by Cajuncook1 »

gwillmot wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:44 pm My wife's from Crowley LA ..... Rice Capital of the World ..... or so they say.

We see plenty of those tractors whenever you go back to visit .... and crawfish farms in the off-season, of course.
Father in law is from Crowley, La
Mother in law is from Raine, La

Mom is from Ville Platte,La (Grand Paw) was a rice farmer
Dad was from around Arnaudville, La

Wife grew up in Breaux Bridge, La

I grew up watching and participating in cooking, fishing, hunting, crabbing, shrimping and catching crawfish. Loved to ride with my Paw Paw on his John Deer combines and tractors 😊. Miss those days very much! Had a blast in FFA outtings!
Cheers,

Cajuncook1
:cf_beercheers:
gwillmot
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by gwillmot »

Poo Yie!

Mais Garde Des Don!

Cajuncook1

Post by Cajuncook1 »

gwillmot wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:50 pm Poo Yie!

Mais Garde Des Don!

This is my Crawfish grin....lol

download.jpeg-4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,

Cajuncook1
:cf_beercheers:
Mudmasher

Post by Mudmasher »

we're having our benefit for local volunteer fire dept, The Ganado Crawfish Parade and eat-a thone tomorrow .My son will lead the WHOLE 1/4 mile parade,carrying the flags in his 1959 JD 730 diesel."Let the good times roll" , since I can't spell the Cajon way
gwillmot
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by gwillmot »

Now we're talking! We're traveling down to Bayou Vista TX (just N. of Galveston) the first week of May to see my wife's Brother (and eat Crawfish) .... then on to Crowley to visit Cousins and Uncle (and eat Crawfish). Buying Seafood in Maurice LA before returning to the mountains (if the car can handle the added load).

Laissez les bons temps rouler, y'all!

Mudmasher

Post by Mudmasher »

Here is the pic for the plated 200 A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mudmasher

Post by Mudmasher »

Here’s the remnant of the 200a plating
Mudmasher

Post by Mudmasher »

Got post my Son’s girl that was Victim of Covid. All his AgMech shows were canceled , she’s doomed to parades and local tractors shows