Still looking for Akron 134G parts

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
BMurray2040

Still looking for Akron 134G parts

Post by BMurray2040 »

Hi folks, thought id post again my request for parts with more detailed information than the first post. for a montgomery ward akron 134G lantern, in hopes somebody my have missed the first post and still might have some. basically im looking for the control valve body with needle and mabey the generator mine looks usable. mine is the female model as the fount bung has the male threads see photos. i also will need the splined nut that tightens the fa tube to the valve body as well. ive been collecting for a few year now and this is the first one i have come across here in Ontaio Canada so a parts lantern is not going to happen. if anyone has any info on where i might find reproduction parts please pass on the information as well. the first photo is mine that is snapped in half.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dmacp
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Still looking for Akron 134G parts

Post by Dmacp »

the fount bung has the male threads see photos
I think that is a removable nipple.
Dan
ICCC member #604
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

Dmacp wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:48 pm
the fount bung has the male threads see photos
I think that is a removable nipple.
Interesting to hear that. I have one here set aside for a project and it appears to be a nipple too but with these rarer pieces I hate to try to remove it.

Thank you!
Kevin

I may frighten easily!
My current shade is Coleman!!
To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

ICCC # 1865

luggnut

Post by luggnut »

Well here is a working Akron 132 valve assembly. Seems like the generator seat is broken along on yours. Never mind the attached bung adapter, couldn't get it off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dmacp
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Dmacp »

Interesting to hear that. I have one here set aside for a project and it appears to be a nipple too but with these rarer pieces I hate to try to remove it.
It's a very close nipple. I had to trim a close one.
Dan
ICCC member #604