Propane line extension.

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
Locke

Propane line extension.

Post by Locke »

Good afternoon folks. How y'all doin' today?
Had an account here a few years ago but can't find my login info so I've had to start a new account.

Anywho, got myself on a bit of a unicorn hunt and could use some help/advice.
I have an off brand two burner propane stove that uses the standard 1lb bottles. I'll be using it on my 22' sailboat but it's a bit problematic. The regulator sticks off to the right side into the sink. I can't move the stove due to space other than moving it outside which I will do on occasion.
Does anyone make either an extended regulator that can be bent to place the bottle behind the stove? Or a flexible extension that can mount into the existing regulator so that I can reposition the bottle elsewhere?
I will try to figure out a way to either gimbal the stove, add some pot holders, or both later if needed.
campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Propane line extension.

Post by campinut »

Got an idea of what kind of stove? Hard to imagine without pictures..campinut
Like a moth at night, I am attracted to the light!..7/7/1964...Russ, from Missouri..
Locke

Post by Locke »

campinut wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:35 pm Got an idea of what kind of stove? Hard to imagine without pictures..campinut
brinkmann 842-a250-0
Sorry, about that.
zoomkat
Super Colemanaholic

Post by zoomkat »

"Does anyone make either an extended regulator that can be bent to place the bottle behind the stove? "

If you have a good torch, you might heat and bend the existing pipe such that the tank is somewhat located more behind the stove. There may be other solutions depending on your skill level and tools.
Locke

Post by Locke »

zoomkat wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:42 am "Does anyone make either an extended regulator that can be bent to place the bottle behind the stove? "

If you have a good torch, you might heat and bend the existing pipe such that the tank is somewhat located more behind the stove. There may be other solutions depending on your skill level and tools.
I have no problem bending the tube. It's not much different than brakelines. I have a tubing bender I could use. I'll have to measure it. I'm not sure if it's long enough. Good idea though.
campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Post by campinut »

If bending? Make sure tank sits the same as it once did pictured. A slight angle is the correct position of tank..campinut
Like a moth at night, I am attracted to the light!..7/7/1964...Russ, from Missouri..
Locke

Post by Locke »

campinut wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:05 am If bending? Make sure tank sits the same as it once did pictured. A slight angle is the correct position of tank..campinut
They have to sit at an angle? Hmmmm.... Then that wont work. Propane stoves are a PITA. I'd use one of my good liquid stoves but I don't want to damage them on my boat. And of course I can't get an Origo non pressurize alcohol stove anymore. May have to rethink this.
campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Post by campinut »

You can use a coleman suitcase stove with a propane adapter. The tank will be up front that way? By pulling the wg tank, the propane attachment slips into the same hole. Tank will sit up front and on an angle, if there is enough room?..campinut
zoomkat
Super Colemanaholic

Post by zoomkat »

You might use a single burner butane stove similar to the below on the boat.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324083616100
Cajuncook1

Post by Cajuncook1 »

A consideration, if this would appeal to you. Have a stove that would accept propane, white gas or RUG. For versatility.

A used cheap Coleman 425 or 413 2 burner stove. Which ever would fit the space.

You could use the original tank for use of CCF or RUG, if needed.

But you can purchase a Stansports or Mr. Buddy propane stove converter. I have on of the Stansports and it works great. It connects to 1lb propane bottles or you can get a short flexible hose to connect a 5lb or larger tank. You can connect the converter to a tank secured in lower vertical position if you wish.

The stove and tank can be use outside as well. You have the original Coleman liquid fuel tank original with the stove as back up.

Win Win

download.jpeg-5.jpg
download.jpeg-6.jpg
download.jpeg-7.jpg
download.jpeg-8.jpg
download.jpeg-9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,

Cajuncook1
:cf_beercheers:
Cajuncook1

Post by Cajuncook1 »

download.jpeg-10.jpg
download.jpeg-11.jpg
download.jpeg-12.jpg
download.jpeg-13.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,

Cajuncook1
Locke

Post by Locke »

That fuel line conversion to a 20# tank, does anyone make one like it that connects to a 1lb bottle?
Space is my biggest consideration. I don't have room for a big tank on my little boat, but I can fit several 1lb bottles.
My next concern is securing it. The current stove has legs that I can secure down to keep it from sliding off my counter. My suitcase stove does not. I would need to either rely on velcro or permanently modify the stove to make it work. I don't want to do that. Stupid regulations making things hard. Wouldn't be a problem if I could get my hands on a nonpressurized alcohol stove. Can't afford $500 for a stove right now.
Cajuncook1

Post by Cajuncook1 »

Cheers,

Cajuncook1
bwperreault
Colemanaholic

Post by bwperreault »

Is there enough tubing inside the stove to bend it around so the connection could be fed to the back of the stove. You'd have to drill a hole in the rear and fabricate a bracket to hold the end of the line.
Brian
ISO 6-56, 7-88, 2-91 and 8-2020. Found a 1-91, it may be as close as I get.
Thank you to all servicemen and servicewomen, past and present.
My curious nature has gotten me into more trouble...
Canadian Blues Syndicate number 60!
Locke

Post by Locke »

Cajuncook1 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:51 pm

I've been looking for a couple days and only found the tank adapters.....
It even comes in braided....
Jeez... I need a drink. Not that I need a reason for one but still. Cajun you're the best. I can make that work. Opens up some other options given the length.
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

I too vote for a liquid fueled stove with a propane adapter. If you'd like to use a liquid fueled stove, you can get one of those non-skid mats and place under it. So far as I know, they should be available at any home goods or department stores. Heck, maybe even still at the dollar store.

If you're really wanting to use what you have, likely there's a propane dealer near you that can make up what you need, such as a rubber hose with the proper fittings at each end. That way, you can keep the bottle vertical elsewhere. They may even be able to use your existing adapter's fittings if they don't stock them. It's certainly worth a shot. Some of those propane guys are into propane stuff like we are with Colman stuff. To be clear, by propane dealer, I mean a place that sells and services propane stoves and grills, and not a place that only refills tanks.
-Jim

I threw a boomerang a couple years ago; I now live in constant fear.

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?