Globe sizes, what do these fit?

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
runbrent

Globe sizes, what do these fit?

Post by runbrent »

Hi,

I purchased 2 globes off of Craigslist. They were advertised as Coleman but they are unbranded. The lady who sold them to me said they were very old and belonged to her father. She was in her 70's. They are larger diameter than a coleman standard globe that fits a 220, 285, 295 etc.

The first one has an inside diameter of 5" and is 5" high. The outside diameter is 5.21"

The second one has an inside diameter of 4.9" and is 4.4" high. The outside diameter is 5.0"

For reference a standard Coleman 220 globe is 4.74" inside diameter and 5.34 high. Outside diameter is 4.9"

Sorry pictures may not be posting. I'm struggling to figure out how to post on a Mac.
johneliot

Re: Globe sizes, what do these fit?

Post by johneliot »

When you export it to your desktop from photos, you can resize it. Once you have it on your desktop you can then attach it to your post.

John

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” 
― Albert Einstein

runbrent

Post by runbrent »

/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2776.jpeg/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2779.jpeg/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2778.jpeg/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2777.jpeg
StanDahl
Super Colemanaholic

Post by StanDahl »

On the Mac, open a copy of the photo in Preview (so you don't mess up your original), then go up to Tools, then "Adjust Size" and resize the photo so that the "Resulting size" is less than 200kb, 100kb is fine.
John - ICCC Petty Bureaucrat #CMLXII...
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

>>/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2776.jpeg/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2779.jpeg/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2778.jpeg/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2777.jpeg

We don't have access to your personal desktop files. If we did, you'd have an extremely serious security issue. :)
-Jim

I threw a boomerang a couple years ago; I now live in constant fear.

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?
Chucker

Post by Chucker »

JimL wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:28 am >>/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2776.jpeg/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2779.jpeg/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2778.jpeg/Users/brenthurst/Desktop/IMG_2777.jpeg

We don't have access to your personal desktop files. If we did, you'd have an extremely serious security issue. :)

Jim, your understated humor - love it!
Chuck
"...Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time. But no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil days to come." Isaiah 57:1-2

Eye-SEE-C-C Member #1333 -- MilSpecOps #003
"Michigan - from the Ojibwa word “meicigama,” meaning “great water.”