applying decal

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
hansblix1

applying decal

Post by hansblix1 »

Thanks for looking in on this. I purchased a 234 decal from OCP and assumed it was a peel-off-and-stick kind of decal. It is not. Do not want to damage the decal, so am here to ask how to properly apply one of these please. Thanks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dremwolf
Colemanaholic

Re: applying decal

Post by Dremwolf »

Edited; because my comment was incorrect.
Last edited by Dremwolf on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ralph "Drem" Terreault, USAF Veteran, Help On The Homefront Rep, Patriot Guard Riders, Former Location Coordinator
Wreaths Across America, Jacksonville National Cemetery

275 Appreciation Syndicate Member #0328
Mil-Spec Ops #1988
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

Dremwolf wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:18 pm If I am not mistaken they are "water slide" decals. Like old airplane model decals.
Water slide? So this should be great.
I have bought decals from Mike before but not this particular one and all the ones I’ve got are “peel off”

Maybe the cutter didn’t went all the way through the vinyl
~Pancho~

ICCC MEMBER #: 1993
Dremwolf
Colemanaholic

Post by Dremwolf »

Pancholoco1911 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:37 pm
Dremwolf wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:18 pm If I am not mistaken they are "water slide" decals. Like old airplane model decals.
Water slide? So this should be great.
I have bought decals from Mike before but not this particular one and all the ones I’ve got are “peel off”

Maybe the cutter didn’t went all the way through the vinyl
If someone who has bought this one does not reply. Your best bet is to contact Mike directly.
Ralph "Drem" Terreault, USAF Veteran, Help On The Homefront Rep, Patriot Guard Riders, Former Location Coordinator

Mil-Spec Ops #1988
campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Post by campinut »

Soak in warm water. For about 30 seconds. Spray a mixture of water and liquid soap on area. This enables you to position decal before running a credit card over it to remove excess water behind decal..campinut
Like a moth at night, I am attracted to the light!..7/7/1964...Russ, from Missouri..
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Was it advertised as a water slide?... Like Poncho all of mine from OCP have been peel n' stick
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
hansblix1

Post by hansblix1 »

Thanks guys.

OCP got back to me - Mike is busy and has some help today. They've stated it's a peel-type sticker. Doesn't seem that way buy I'm going to have another try. Many thanks for your help
hansblix1

Post by hansblix1 »

Really feel silly. It's a peel-off sticker. Pancho had it correct - the part that I was trying to peel was just not punched through well and I managed to peel sticker and paper back instead of just the sticker. Anyway, it turned out well. Thank you again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dremwolf
Colemanaholic

Post by Dremwolf »

Glad you got it figured out.

Mil-Spec Ops #1988
Gunhippie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Gunhippie »

I've had some trouble getting OCP decals off the backing, too. I soaked my first one in warm water before I concluded it wasn't a water-slide.
It's priceless until someone puts a price on it.
Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you criticize him--then you're a mile away, and he has no shoes.
Texan's last words: "Y'all--hold my beer--I wanta' try sumptin'."
Timm--Middle of nowhere, near the end of the road, Oregon.