Help. .what models are these

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
kaliona

Help. .what models are these

Post by kaliona »

Picked up a couple Coleman's for a couple bucks each but can't figure out what they are. The first has a mica globe (I think that's what they're called) and I can't see any markings on the bottom of the fount. The second doesn't appear to need a globe because the tip cleaner would be inside the globe if there was one and I see a 7 7 on the side of the fount. Can anyone tell me what these are and if any parts are missing? Thanks for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
luggnut

Re: Help. .what models are these

Post by luggnut »

Coleman quicklite 427 and a Nulite m something not familiar with them other than quite a few of their models used the iconic umbrella generator.
Han
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

Looks like a later Coleman 427 and a Nulite 5M. Probably incorrect on the Nulite model but it is Nulite. They’re great runners!

Thank you!
Kevin

I may frighten easily!
My current shade is Coleman!!
To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

ICCC # 1865

Coldwaterpaddler
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Coldwaterpaddler »

Looks like a NuLite #5 and a 1927 Coleman QuickLite. The number 5 looks like mine from what I can see.
Stovie-Steve
"Don't let the weather run your life" - Steve
The Coleman Blues - #95
kaliona

Post by kaliona »

Thanks for the info. Are the mica globes still available for these lanterns? Also, why is the tip cleaner on the Quicklite right next to the burner? Would there be some sort of "door" on the globe to access it? I've never worked on these models. Any pointers or links to rebuild instructions would be appreciated.
Rustytank
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rustytank »

I'm no expert but I believe the quick lite also had a mica chimney with a little door there for lighting and operating the tip cleaner. I'm certain it will get hot there so I wouldn't stick my finger in there to work the tip cleaner based off my experience with a 220e
Call me Rusty
Sunflame appreciation club #2
275 Appreciation Syndicate #0245
Looking for birthday lanterns 11/58, 3/68, 3/73, 6/85, 11/96, 6/97, 11/97, 12/00
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

kaliona wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:45 am Thanks for the info. Are the mica globes still available for these lanterns? Also, why is the tip cleaner on the Quicklite right next to the burner? Would there be some sort of "door" on the globe to access it? I've never worked on these models. Any pointers or links to rebuild instructions would be appreciated.
It appears to me that the mica on your Nulite is the correct mica for your Quicklite. I don't remember what the Nulite's used exactly. There are a couple guys building mica chimneys now.
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
Tyler L

Post by Tyler L »

Tgarner01 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:13 am
kaliona wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:45 am Thanks for the info. Are the mica globes still available for these lanterns? Also, why is the tip cleaner on the Quicklite right next to the burner? Would there be some sort of "door" on the globe to access it? I've never worked on these models. Any pointers or links to rebuild instructions would be appreciated.
It appears to me that the mica on your Nulite is the correct mica for your Quicklite. I don't remember what the Nulite's used exactly. There are a couple guys building mica chimneys now.
Now you've got me wondering, because the OP's mica looks like the one that came with my Nulite #2M.
BSAGuy
Super Colemanaholic

Post by BSAGuy »

Looks like a great score. Congrats and welcome to the CCF!
- Courtenay
Be Prepared