242C pump plunger screws

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
MiguelHerbert

242C pump plunger screws

Post by MiguelHerbert »

I just purchased a 5/1947 242C lantern that has only one hole in the screw-in pump plunger cap. Never seen this before. Also: the fount has only one hole drilled for the sheet metal screw.
Anybody know what's going on? It's a major mystery to me.
SteveRetherford
Super Colemanaholic

Re: 242C pump plunger screws

Post by SteveRetherford »

thats how the c was done . but so was the no letter :-)
Steve , Keeper of the Light !!!
MiguelHerbert

Post by MiguelHerbert »

Steve--I have three 242C's, and all of them have two screws to secure the pump cap. Two of them (a '45 and '49--are the screw in cap type. One, a 1949 is the press-on cape type.

I'm gonna go back to my shop now to make sure I'm not seeing things with the single screw hole issue.
SteveRetherford
Super Colemanaholic

Post by SteveRetherford »

depends some C's were innies some were outies , ya its hard to keep track of all the little differences ..... im currently working a couple no letters and they only have one screw hole too .
Steve , Keeper of the Light !!!
MiguelHerbert

Post by MiguelHerbert »

Steve, I just realized that I misspoke, re: the "screw in cap type." What I meant to say was the "drop in" or what I believe you are calling the "innies"--right? They are the knurled-type, as opposed to the smooth "outie."

Also: I went to my ManCave shop, and confirmed that my '47 cap has only one screw, and the fount has just one screw hole drilled in it. So, I haven't lost it--at least not yet.