Canadian Stoves

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
BrianP

Canadian Stoves

Post by BrianP »

I am rapidly accumulating a trove of stoves, and will soon be getting 20+ lanterns from an old ranch nearby (they are giving them away, they need the room!)

All are Canadian made Colemans...

Where can I find a list of parts for Canadian models? I have noticed the numbers are different from US model numbers, so am hoping to find the equivalent parts at OCP.
There are two types of people in this world...avoid them.

Brian
Calgary
Sam_McCord
Colemanaholic

Re: Canadian Stoves

Post by Sam_McCord »

Which parts specifically? Some parts interchange and some don't. OCP has parts diagrams for U.S. appliances, I wonder if the part names are the same? It would be a start.
Doug

Why is there never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over?

Let's go Brandon
Newfie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Newfie »

Your best bet would be to post the model numbers of the stoves you get and post a wanted to buy ad on here.

I honestly would bet they'll all work with no replacement parts needed. Aside from fuel cap seals on the 4M, I haven't needed to replace any parts on the 20+ suitcase stove I've had in the last 10 years.
Shane Looking for the following Canadian birthday lanterns or lamps: 2-32, 6-34,
BrianP

Post by BrianP »

Many thanks guys. So far, I have identified a Model 6J from 1949, a model 446 from 1968, a model 400B, a 505A from 1978, a 425F, and a 421D which was completely seized up...had to pull the pump with a vise and found it had no pump cup left, a green, sticky coating on the pump shaft, and a 400 check valve stem (shorty) in it...the poor thing will need a lot of work.

Brian
Calgary
Newfie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Newfie »

Is the model 446 an Easi-Lite? If so you might want to check your date. I thought they were late 70s. If the tank tabs are actually stamped with 1968 date then it's not the correct one. That might have been switched around with the 425 or 421 by mistake.

The 6J is an awesome find. Not too many of those around.

Does the 400B have a plastic pump or metal one with the clip?

The 505A probably has the red valve wheel, correct? If so the o-rings should be changed to the viton ones. I have a document written by a member on here that shows the o-ring breakdown for the Canadian Easi-Lite lanterns and stoves. It helps you identify what size o-rings are needed for each model.
Shane Looking for the following Canadian birthday lanterns or lamps: 2-32, 6-34,
BrianP

Post by BrianP »

The 400B has the plastic pump retainer. I have a set of Canadian O-rings from OCP and am impatiently awaiting a day off. The 446 isn't an Easi-Lite, and I am going with what the seller told me. Either way, I am happy to have it for $20 CAD. I also ended up with a three burner from 1997 with no model numbers, just a date stamp, made in Wichita.

Picking up a good condition 4M tomorrow evening, hoping it's a 1958. $25 dollars well spent.

I was going to refurb them all in the workshop, then realized I don't have a workshop so I guess I will have to upset the wife and use the kitchen...

Brian
Calgary
Phredd
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Phredd »

working on 20 or so lanterns in the kitchen? You might find youself working in the in the doghouse!

:lol:
Kevin#2
ICCC#1799
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #40