The ICCC Coleman Book

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
remy3424

The ICCC Coleman Book

Post by remy3424 »

Is this a valuable resource? Do most or any of you have it? Is it helpful to ID lanterns? It sounds like a great resource. Any opinions on it? I am not starting a book review club here. The easiest way to ID lanterns is to post a pic and "what is it?" Or no pic, as a thread I just saw!

Thanks
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Re: The ICCC Coleman Book

Post by hikerduane »

Very helpful to narrow down a date, but not totally complete, some gpa's shown may not show all features, but still a good resource.
Duane
Duane-All seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
TwoCanoes
Super Colemanaholic

Post by TwoCanoes »

I may not use mine on a daily basis, but I sure use it several times a week.
Stewart in
Eastern Washington State
Leadfoot

Post by Leadfoot »

I put off getting mine for a while when I started collecting. Finally bought one. Way easier to look up lanterns in the book than online. The online stuff is good but doesn't go to the same level of detail as the book. Very well done and extremely valuable resource to any Coleman collector
FAS #022 Confusing Future Generations of Collectors, One Lantern at a Time!
Huntaholic
Colemanaholic

Post by Huntaholic »

I like the book. It helped me identify a 200 I brought back from Ontario. Birthdate 7-53, but not a normal run of the mill 200. This one has a nickel fount and screws in the pump, which makes it what was called a "200 Scout" if memory serves me. It also helped me date a 237 kero. There was no date stamp, but going by the logo and the design we came up with I think 1945? I need to start writing this stuff down I guess LOL.
Hot_Diggity
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Hot_Diggity »

Excellent resource. I'd say it's a must-have for any collector. Then you'll want to get Darcy's shade book as a companion piece. When those aren't enough you refer to the PLC, or post a "What is this?"
Last edited by Hot_Diggity on Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck, 3/61, ICCC 1689
Milspec Syndicate #510
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0510
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #12
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #510
Coleman Slant Saver #510
Frank Appreciation Syndicate Member #2
Tinker, Toy maker, Trash picker, Wickie, Lamp loon
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Definitely get it. I rarely use mine unless I'm showing someone some photos of something Coleman offered that I don't have. It does have several mistakes which is to be expected in any hobby when we're constantly leaning new things and new information shows up. If they made a book that was as detailed as I would like, it would need wheels to roll it around 😁
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
remy3424

Post by remy3424 »

Thanks all! Sounds like it is a "must have" and doubtful anyone is ready to let theirs's go! It looks like they are available on the ICCC website.
Old Cat
Colemanaholic

Post by Old Cat »

Couldn’t get along without it. Get one.

Dan
Thanks,
Dan

When your train of thought leaves the station and you’re left standing in the middle of the station wondering why you are there. What can this mean? ...Too many birthdays? ...Maybe? ...Oh noooo! ...Keep celebrating everyone the Lord sends. O.C.
Sierra_Roadrunner
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Sierra_Roadrunner »

I highly recommend getting the book. Got mine a couple of years ago from the ICCC website too. It's nice to have a ton of Coleman information at your finger tips. Hoping that a follow up book will come along that will cover Coleman from 1984 to present. It would be nice to have the same type of book for the Dual Fuels, Peak 1 etc. as what's in the 1900 to 1983 book.
Joe
ICCC# 1893

" Curiosity is natural to the soul of man and interesting objects have a profound influence on our affections." - Daniel Boone
remy3424

Post by remy3424 »

I have one coming!
Ridge Runner
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Ridge Runner »

remy3424 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:35 pm I have one coming!
You have chosen wisely!
— L.J.
In the foothills of the Berkshires, Western Massachusetts

ICCC #2197
Visit the Coleman Blues 243's Current Membership
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1980
I love the smell of naphtha in the morning!
"Ain’t no need to watch where I’m goin’; just need to know where I’ve been" -Tow Mater
Rfieldbuilds
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Coleman book and CV tool are the #1 and #2 recommended purchases I'd make to a first of second year collector.
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
MotorcycleDan
Super Colemanaholic

Post by MotorcycleDan »

remy3424 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:35 pm I have one coming!
I do the order processing. If you just ordered it, I will not get to it until the end of next week. I am on the way to the SW gathering campout. Then a few days at the Grand Canyon. Sorry to keep you waiting.
Dan ICCC #900
222, 226, 229, 3022 Collector
ICCC Treasure
remy3424

Post by remy3424 »

I tried to find the CV removal tool at OCP and it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. I emailed them and their tech guy (dept) is out this week. Guessing they are just out of stock, but I thought it was odd it just didn't show as "out of stock".
remy3424

Post by remy3424 »

Guess I will start making trips to the PO in a few weeks looking for the BOOK. Glad to hear they are in-stock at least.
Huntaholic
Colemanaholic

Post by Huntaholic »

remy3424 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:17 pm I tried to find the CV removal tool at OCP and it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. I emailed them and their tech guy (dept) is out this week. Guessing they are just out of stock, but I thought it was odd it just didn't show as "out of stock".
They had I think 24 of them in stock a couple days ago, I know because I ordered one myself to keep from having to borrow one all the time.
Ridge Runner
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Ridge Runner »

Huntaholic wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:42 pm
remy3424 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:17 pm I tried to find the CV removal tool at OCP and it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. I emailed them and their tech guy (dept) is out this week. Guessing they are just out of stock, but I thought it was odd it just didn't show as "out of stock".
They had I think 24 of them in stock a couple days ago, I know because I ordered one myself to keep from having to borrow one all the time.
Lots of folks waiting for these to get re-stocked. Gotta git 'em while they're HOT!
— L.J.
In the foothills of the Berkshires, Western Massachusetts

ICCC #2197
Visit the Coleman Blues 243's Current Membership
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1980
I love the smell of naphtha in the morning!
"Ain’t no need to watch where I’m goin’; just need to know where I’ve been" -Tow Mater
Huntaholic
Colemanaholic

Post by Huntaholic »

I got to thinking, it was LAST week when I ordered mine, I received it Saturday I think. So they very well may be out of stock again!
remy3424

Post by remy3424 »

Yep, out of stock again.
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

DLDS. :)
Duane
Duane-All seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
Old Cat
Colemanaholic

Post by Old Cat »

Remy, talk to Rob at OCP and request an email when he restocks. That worked for me.

Dan
Thanks,
Dan

When your train of thought leaves the station and you’re left standing in the middle of the station wondering why you are there. What can this mean? ...Too many birthdays? ...Maybe? ...Oh noooo! ...Keep celebrating everyone the Lord sends. O.C.
remy3424

Post by remy3424 »

He has me on a list!
Hot_Diggity
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Hot_Diggity »

I keep an eye open for the ICCC book and the Green Book online. They pop up occasionally, but the prices have gone up considerably. Might try local libraries too.
Chuck, 3/61, ICCC 1689
Milspec Syndicate #510
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0510
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #12
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #510
Coleman Slant Saver #510
Frank Appreciation Syndicate Member #2
Tinker, Toy maker, Trash picker, Wickie, Lamp loon
czechphotoguy

Post by czechphotoguy »

You do realize that the folks on this forum don’t refer to them as page numbers.

They are scriptures explaining the spoken word of Mr. Coleman himself…

BTW…I got mine about a week ago and the thing fell apart on me as the pages separated from the seams. They replaced it with another and I plan on giving that unsealed version to my father for Christmas. I keep losing pages from all the times I’ve referenced the spoken word and forgot where they fell onto the ground while I was walking and reading.

“In Coleman cornu augue succendit superciliis off”

Ross
“In Coleman cornu augue succendit superciliis off!”
remy3424

Post by remy3424 »

Got my big book delivered a couple days ago. Quite a reference for IDing these lanterns!....and other Coleman appliances.

I will treat it with kid gloves!