Does this piece of paper add any value?

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
Ben_vJ

Does this piece of paper add any value?

Post by Ben_vJ »

Hi everyone, just bought this 335 the other day in near mint condition(dated Jan 1972) and I was wondering if I should keep this tag on the fuel valve incase it adds any value as a collectors item, or just remove it and use it. My plan for this lantern is to be both a tool that I use regularly but also an investment. Any thoughts?
Further south than Australia
Slughammer

Re: Does this piece of paper add any value?

Post by Slughammer »

Thats a beautiful lantern! My first was a 335. Love those single mantle lanterns.

Can you take the knob off, then the paper? Then put it away for safe keeping.
Last edited by Slughammer on Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I void warranties. 
Gasman64
Super Colemanaholic
Title: Gaseous Maximus

Post by Gasman64 »

Sure, Ben, I'd hold on to it.
Steve
SE Pennsylvania
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.
Ben_vJ

Post by Ben_vJ »

Slughammer wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:37 am Can you take the knob off, then the paper? Then put it away for safe keeping.
That's actually a good idea, can't believe I didn't think of that.

Edit: for some reason the screw that holds the knob is really tight on there, doesn't want to come off at all. I guess it's staying there for now.
Further south than Australia
LongDuck

Post by LongDuck »

I can't see that paper label holding up very long if you actually intend to use this lantern as a tool. As suggested, removal and flat storage somewhere else with the other paperwork makes the most sense if that's important to you.

Great looking lantern either way,
Birthday 200A, 220K, 228E, Japan 286A, 288A & 295A-700 Powerhouse Dual Fuel, plus 425 DF & 533 stoves; does collecting ever end?
Up to Light

Post by Up to Light »

Yes remove the knob and save the tag. Mr. Coleman built these lanterns to be used for necessity first then for recreational use. Light up your lantern!
Old Cat

Post by Old Cat »

Up to Light wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:21 am Yes remove the knob and save the tag. Mr. Coleman built these lanterns to be used for necessity first then for recreational use. Light up your lantern!
I couldn’t agree more. Your option is to clean and polish for display on a shelf. You did good, that’s a great looking lantern.
Last edited by Old Cat on Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
Dan

When your train of thought leaves the station and you’re left standing in the middle of the station wondering why you are there. What can this mean? ...Too many birthdays? ...Maybe? ...Oh noooo! ...Keep celebrating everyone the Lord sends. O.C.
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

Up to Light wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:21 am Yes remove the knob and save the tag. Mr. Coleman built these lanterns to be used for necessity first then for recreational use. Light up your lantern!
And now for display 😂 JK
~Pancho~ :cf_howdyhat:

ICCC MEMBER #: 1993

Coleman Blues 243's #163.
Old Cat

Post by Old Cat »

Edit: I should’ve added the word (only). My mistake!

I couldn’t agree more. Your (only) other option is to clean and polish for display on a shelf. You did good, that’s a great looking lantern.

Good catch Pancho.
Thanks,
Dan

When your train of thought leaves the station and you’re left standing in the middle of the station wondering why you are there. What can this mean? ...Too many birthdays? ...Maybe? ...Oh noooo! ...Keep celebrating everyone the Lord sends. O.C.