Date question…

Post your tech questions here, lots of knowledge available.
czechphotoguy

Date question…

Post by czechphotoguy »

No I’m not asking anyone out on one as my wife would have something to say about it!

I am in search of a 2/71 Birthday lantern specifically in the 200a model.

I have multiple models of Birthday lanterns with the 2/71 date.

But, I am finding a lot of 1/71, 4/71, 6/71, and 11/71 in the 200a’s when I find lanterns of that year.

My wonderment is we’re there particular months that they just didn’t produce the same amount as the other months? Or, in some cases did they not at all produce certain models during certain months of the year?

I know this question is banking on the fact someone has enough of an idea what their production runs we’re during certain years also?

I’m not in a rush to find it as I have a little time, and I have posted what I am looking for in the classifieds.

Ross
“In Coleman cornu augue succendit superciliis off!”
Brightlight
Colemanaholic

Re: Date question…

Post by Brightlight »

You need to understand that Coleman stamped the base plates with dates in batches, before the lanterns were put together. They made lanterns continuously for the most part, but may have stamped 30, 60, 90 days worth of plates at a time so you don’t find every month of each year.

Message StanDahl. He has an extensive list of dates by model that he has seen.
Cole M.
:geek:
25_502s
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 25_502s »

If you’re finding a bunch of 1/71 and and a bunch of 4/71 200A’s that’s a decent sign that Coleman didn’t stamp any bottoms in 2/71 or even 3/71. That may not be the case but sometimes is.

My BD is 10/72 and I have @ 5 200A’s that month and probably passed on a dozen more but I’ve never seen a 9/72.
Jason
not looking for any more Bday gpas. Honestly, if you have a 10-72 don’t let me know about it.
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0214
Coleman Slant Saver #56
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #31
Lines
Colemanaholic

Post by Lines »

I've ran across several 200A lanterns stamped 10/59, but not any 220 or 228 so far. Could be there weren't any. Does anyone know for sure?
Robert
Looking for 10/59 lantern or fount for rebuilder.
Prefer a 228E, but not that set on it.
Any 10/59 lantern or fount.
czechphotoguy

Post by czechphotoguy »

Brightlight wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:26 pm You need to understand that Coleman stamped the base plates with dates in batches, before the lanterns were put together. They made lanterns continuously for the most part, but may have stamped 30, 60, 90 days worth of plates at a time so you don’t find every month of each year.

Message StanDahl. He has an extensive list of dates by model that he has seen.
👍🏻

I will send him a message to see if hopefully they made the 200a’s in that month.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ross
“In Coleman cornu augue succendit superciliis off!”