O.T. Thieves

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
arizonacamper
Super Colemanaholic

O.T. Thieves

Post by arizonacamper »

I had my driveway reoiled yesterday. We had to park down by the road on our property. Since i live on a hillside it's a fairly steep hike. I have not been driving the truck lately but was going to take it today. When i got down to the truck i found the passenger side front door window had been broken out and the truck was gone through inside. They threw the rock so hard it bounced off of the driver's door panel and landed on the floor. The dumb f@$#! didn't take anything of value. Nothing in the truck really worth anything except my Kabar and a Mob armor cellphone holder. So now i get to do repairs on my own truck now. God or Karma will get them in the end. I just wish I could get ahold of them now. I realy hate people that do this shi stuff. Probably was crackhead Charlie or methhead Mike. 😡
Shawn
Shawn
Owner of Copper State Diesel.
"I'm not the friend you will hear from everyday but I'm the friend you can call on anyday."
Coleman Quicklite crew #54
Coleman blues 243 #147
Coleman 275 appreciation #74
Milspec syndicate #39
I.C.C.C. #2043

Looking for any lanterns or stoves dated 5/63 or 1/72
Barrett
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: O.T. Thieves

Post by Barrett »

I've only had it happen once, I didn't notice the rear side window smashed at first.... I just thought why is everything in the car everywhere???? The offender had seen my laptop bag which I had forgotten to take inside.
Thrives blow!
Andrew

Living and learning in NZ
Hoping to reach cognitive and emotional maturity before my children do.
WYSIWYG
Super Colemanaholic

Post by WYSIWYG »

Crap, that's a bummer Shawn.
John        
One in every public place...

ICCC #1338    IDITOS  #3704 559
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate. Member #0059
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #004
Member of CCF  Chromostereopsis  Club
74HARLEY
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 74HARLEY »

Nothing worse than a thief! When we lived in Tacoma for a while my trucks were broken into on a regular basis. Most of the time they jammed a screwdriver in the key slot and broke the door handle. That crap really gets annoying!
I feel for you buddy!
Joe
looking for 200a 11-56,9-77,2-65 Coleman 275 appreciation syndicate member #0004 ICCC #1262
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #19
Frank appreciation syndicate member #9
D421
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by D421 »

Bastards.
Dominic
Everyone likes the dog catcher...until they catch your dog.
ICCC #1992
Optimus45

Post by Optimus45 »

Make sure they didn’t get your registration and insurance info. Had a rash of vehicles broken into here stealing info and using it to steal identities.
Joe
Mil-Spec Ops #0219
If a man is alone in a forest and there isn't a women around to hear him, is he still wrong?
bikedogtaco

Post by bikedogtaco »

Sorry. I live in Portland, Oregon and well, let's just say - I definitely feel your pain.
kellyblues
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by kellyblues »

Dude that sucks! I freaking hate those worthless sob's. Several years ago we was sitting in the living room and heard the garage door opening... thought, that's not right. So I go out there and don't see anything but then it hits me, I bet wife left the opener in the van sitting in front of the house.. so I peek around the corner and someone is going through the van. Told wife to call the cops and I went around to the van. This guy started to hurry out of the van till I said " hey is there anything good in there" . He said " no sho man". So I joined in and let the cops sort it out when they showed up. That guy was freaking pissed off. Lol. Small town and I knew most of the cops or I wouldn't have done that.
Milspec syndicate #0044
ICCC member # 1154
Still learning how NOT to do things.
austin65uri
Super Colemanaholic

Post by austin65uri »

As we used to say Shawn, real s***t birds! Had it happen to me out here, my old Ranger truck. Thought I was safe-- they usually just hit tourist rental cars.
Bill.
ICCC#1601
"Small earth, big universe!"
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

Wow just wow Shawn, I thought AZ was safer than CA but I see the same thing going on around the whole country.
~Pancho~

ICCC MEMBER #: 1993
Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

Man Shawn that blows.. I'm sorry to hear. Some people just don't care about other people's things.
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020 
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

We still leave keys in the cars here... We do lock the doors at night on the house to keep the stray cats out tho... The wife is weird about those things... 😁

Sorry about your truck Shawn
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
salukispeed
Super Colemanaholic

Post by salukispeed »

Sorry to hear this Shawn. We have had something similar twice in the past. Feel your pain!
Bob
ICCC 1868
Perfection appreciation #10
Milspec 65252
gwillmot
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by gwillmot »

arizonacamper wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:51 am ..... Probably was crackhead Charlie or methhead Mike. 😡
Shawn
Or could be just teenagers out for their "fun". Had a band of 13-yo's around here going around bashing mailboxes and breaking car windows just for grins. Thought it was cute to plink house windows with BB guns too.
Still Crazy After All These Years

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mark 16:16

Cajuncook1

Post by Cajuncook1 »

Sorry for your troubles.

Society is too soft on criminals, so the consequences are off set by the gains.

Sorry Buddy 😖
Cheers,

Cajuncook1
:cf_beercheers:
Bob1774
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Bob1774 »

Nothing more infuriating than a thief, especially when the damage is more costly than the items taken.

Here's a short story that may brighten your day:

Older couple prepare for bedtime, when the wife tells her husband he must have left the light on in his workshop in the back yard. He took a look out the window and saw a couple of burglars carrying out tools. Immediately, he called 911, and told the dispatcher the situation. They replied, "Well sir, that is a minor crime, and our patrols are busy with other more important calls, someone might be by in the morning to take your statement," and hung up on him.

A few minutes later, he called 911 and said, "I just called in a burglary in progress, but you can cancel that request, as I just shot them both dead," and hung up.

Moments later a SWAT team, overhead helicopter and several heavily armed units showed up and quickly detained the thieves. The detective angrily said, "I thought you said you shot them?" To which the man replied, "I thought you said you were busy."
Bob
Coast_to_Coast
Colemanaholic

Post by Coast_to_Coast »

I feel for you. Happened to me when I was in college. Broke out my drivers side window and cracked the windshield. All they got was my football cup holder with some spare change in it. I found it down the street. At least I got it back. The truck had a bench seat and no cup holders. I didn’t have any money, so I drove around without a window until I got a “new one” at the junk yard. I think it still had a cracked windshield when I sold it. Always made sure I took my cup holder in with me after that :D
-Bird- Wisconsin
“I don’t want another lantern, I just want the last one again”
ICCC#1776     The Coleman Blue‘s 243’s #143
Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

Bob1774 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:09 pm Nothing more infuriating than a thief, especially when the damage is more costly than the items taken.

Here's a short story that may brighten your day:

Older couple prepare for bedtime, when the wife tells her husband he must have left the light on in his workshop in the back yard. He took a look out the window and saw a couple of burglars carrying out tools. Immediately, he called 911, and told the dispatcher the situation. They replied, "Well sir, that is a minor crime, and our patrols are busy with other more important calls, someone might be by in the morning to take your statement," and hung up on him.

A few minutes later, he called 911 and said, "I just called in a burglary in progress, but you can cancel that request, as I just shot them both dead," and hung up.

Moments later a SWAT team, overhead helicopter and several heavily armed units showed up and quickly detained the thieves. The detective angrily said, "I thought you said you shot them?" To which the man replied, "I thought you said you were busy."
That is awesome!
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020 
arizonacamper
Super Colemanaholic

Post by arizonacamper »

Well the replacement window from the junk yard cost me 50 bucks plus however much time is gonna take me to do it tomorrow. They literally only took some change I had on the center console and that's it The glove box was open but they didn't take anything with my name on it. They probably would have gotten more information had they gone across the street and opened the mailbox. here's some pictures mainly just broken glass. The weird thing is my focus and my wife's Explorer were both down there and they didn't even touch them. It figures I have glass insurance on both the focus and the Explorer. the truck I don't have any glass insurance on it. Luckily they broke the front door window and not the back door window. those are hard as hell to find and expensive.
Shawn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shawn
"I'm not the friend you will hear from everyday but I'm the friend you can call on anyday."
Coleman blues 243 #147
Milspec syndicate #39
I.C.C.C. #2043

Hamtramck_Stan

Post by Hamtramck_Stan »

I hate when that happens.

They may think they got away with it, but they will need to face the last four things when they leave this world (though, they may not think so).
ICCC #1973
275 Appreciation Syndicate #0246

"Courage therefore, and with the soul's eye fixed on the goal of eternity, struggle on." - Bl. Solanus Casey of Detroit, MI (1870-1957)

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Gunhippie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Gunhippie »

I once caught some total idiot with his ass sticking out of the window of my '76 Dodge Aspen SW. He'd broken the driver's window out and was trying to pry the AC Delco AM radio out of the dash with a screwdriver. The Aspen was a total POS, having come from the mid-west, so it wasn't worth it to replace the window. A winter of driving in Corvallis OR rain left me pretty irritable until I found the $$ to buy a better junker.

The worst part of it was that the door wasn't locked.

I was young, mean and tough at the time and things did not go well for the idiot. The local DA saw the whole thing--he was the one who told me what was happening--and swore that the guy attacked me.
It's priceless until someone puts a price on it.
Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you criticize him--then you're a mile away, and he has no shoes.
Texan's last words: "Y'all--hold my beer--I wanta' try sumptin'."
Timm--Middle of nowhere, near the end of the road, Oregon.
BSAGuy
Super Colemanaholic

Post by BSAGuy »

Subhuman scum. Sorry for all the hassle.
- Courtenay
Be Prepared
Majicwrench
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Majicwrench »

Remember the late 70's gas crunch?? Tow truck company next to shop I worked in was sure they were constantly losing gas out of the trucks.....so they took one of the older trucks and filled the gas tanks with water.

A few days later, in the apartments behind the shop, some kids were scratching their head over why their cars all quit running...

Sorry bout your truck, really does blow.
Keith
arizonacamper
Super Colemanaholic

Post by arizonacamper »

That would be funny if they tried siphoning the fuel tanks on my truck. the doors aren't marked diesel fuel only the stickers fell off years ago. well they go and get a mouthful of some of the worst tasting s*** they ever saw in their lives!!!
LOL
Shawn
Shawn
Coleman blues 243 #147
Milspec syndicate #39
I.C.C.C. #2043

outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Sorry to hear this Shawn, Scum of the earth...

In my early 20's I had a '47 ford PU with a 327 SBC and Corvette 4 speed (Dang that sucker was fast...) Had it parked on the upper deck of the apt parking garage and someone busted the drivers window and cut out my custom Sun Gauge setup and a custom switch plate, ruining the custom harness I had built.

I fixed the necessary and drove with NO gauges, only the necessary lights, and dang the Torpedoes! Didn't slow it down one bit...

Funny this came up though...

I had a dream last night that I came out to "My" car, (same color as our T-bird, but NOT the same car - smaller one..) and the DS back triangle side window was busted; then noticed the door window was also, then noticed the thing was resting on its axles; opened the hood and the engine ws gone ! I dreamed I was screaming in rage!

Funny how dreams progress "logically" and just "adapt" and you never notice the inconsistencies till later..
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 
Coleman Blue's 243's #341 - 275 Appreciation Syndicate member 0242
FAS #001 Confusing Future Generations of Collectors, One Lantern at a Time!

“A Human Being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, give orders, take orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook  a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.  Specialization is for insects.”            - Lazarus Long

Bumpkin_95
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Bumpkin_95 »

I have a local boat ramp on the river. It’s really secluded. So the crackheads sit there and do their thing. After a buddy had his broken into while we were on the river. We found it best to remove anything of value and leave them unlocked. And always have protection when we return. Have came back once since then to see others with broken windows and my door left open. Nothing taken and no damage. So a win I guess. Just wish I could put land mines around it. Or high voltage on the door handle. You know just enough to burn their hands off at the elbow 😂
My other personality’s call me Lee
Milspec Syndicate member #1995
Lick a lantern just hanging out
Iccc member #1927