International Lantern Signing.

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

International Lantern Signing.

Post by Leviticus_Tomethreus »

Hey all! After I contacted Terry Marsh, he offered me a 242c and he even said he’d sign it. Now, I wish to have it sent around the country for other collectors to sign. Was wondering who would like to participate? Rules are, you have to pay shipping to the next closest collector. Also, you can take a picture of you holding it in front of your collection if you’re nice. Keep in mind, some people may not be able to participate because it is an itty bitty 242.

Include your name, city, and state in your comment. If your name is a duplicate of another in the forum, include your last initial.
Last edited by Leviticus_Tomethreus on Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My friends don’t call me “Lantern/lampie Levi” for nothin’,if they did call me that.
Looking for bday lanterns 8/38, 8/41,
10/25, and 8/07
The biggest lie I tell myself is ”I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it.”
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday” -A.A. Milne
Now officially ICCC member #1995. Most likely the youngest member with a registered name.

You guessed it, Levi Tomey 
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Nationwide Lantern Signing.

Post by Tgarner01 »

Sure... I'll play 😉
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
Hot_Diggity
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Hot_Diggity »

Sure Levi. Count me in.
Chuck, 3/61, ICCC 1689
Milspec Syndicate #510
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0510
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #12
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #510
Coleman Slant Saver #510
Frank Appreciation Syndicate Member #2
Tinker, Toy maker, Trash picker, Wickie, Lamp loon
Gavercronos
Serious Colemanaholic
Title: Guy Who Does Stuff

Post by Gavercronos »

Yes..
WillCat

Chautauqua County, New York
Slant Saver [svg] Frank MakerNew York State Route 5 marker

Wanted: GPA dated 5/89, 7D Mag-lite
My greatest fear is Flying Walruses with Tommy guns for Tusks.
Rfieldbuilds
Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Ok.I’ll play. Plenty of guys close by here that’ll sign for ya too.
Randy Santa Rosa, Ca
Last edited by Rfieldbuilds on Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
arizonacamper
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by arizonacamper »

I'm in too kid!!
Shawn
Owner of Copper State Diesel And Automotive.
Coleman Quicklite crew #54
Coleman blues 243 #147
Coleman 275 appreciation #74
Milspec syndicate #39

Looking for any lanterns or stoves dated 5/63 or 1/72
Ridge_Runner
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Ridge_Runner »

I like it! Different twist on a traveling lantern. I’d be down for a pass through.
— L.J.

Looking for 10/2015 & 1/2020 B-Day Lanterns
I love the smell of naphtha in the morning!
"Ain’t no need to watch where I’m goin’; just need to know where I’ve been" -Tow Mater
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Ridge_Runner wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:29 pm I like it! Different twist on a traveling lantern. I’d be down for a pass through.
Woo hoo! One person down on the most wanted list. Where’s Timm??!?!
My friends don’t call me “Lantern/lampie Levi” for nothin’,if they did call me that.
10/25, and 8/07
The biggest lie I tell myself is ”I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it.”
Now officially ICCC member #1995. Most likely the youngest member with a registered name.

Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:33 pm
Ridge_Runner wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:29 pm I like it! Different twist on a traveling lantern. I’d be down for a pass through.
I’d be in!

Thank you!
Kevin

I may frighten easily!
My current shade is Coleman!!
To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

ICCC # 1865

Ridge_Runner
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Ridge_Runner »

If I’m lucky enough to see it for a signature and pic, I guarantee my bro (kgam1020) will be in on it too 😎👍🏻
— L.J.

"Ain’t no need to watch where I’m goin’; just need to know where I’ve been" -Tow Mater
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Ridge_Runner wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:36 pm
If I’m lucky enough to see it for a signature and pic, I guarantee my bro (kgam1020) will be in on it too 😎👍🏻
Awesome. Thinking I might get a reflectors for more name space. Lol. Shipping would start getting real expensive.
10/25, and 8/07

REJ2
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by REJ2 »

Shipping with or without globe, I imagine every collector has one globe they could use for the photo op?
Bob    ICCC #1574
Never, ever, leave behind a $5 lamp
Perfection Heater Collectors # 7 --- Coleman Slant Saver #63
MilSpecOps Syndicate #016 --- Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0131 --- Coleman Blues 243 #86
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #047 --- Coleman Quick-Lite Crew #23 --- Gold Bond Collector #21
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

REJ2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:37 am Shipping with or without globe, I imagine every collector has one globe they could use for the photo op?
Without. Getting a custom
10/25, and 8/07

REJ2
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by REJ2 »

Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:37 am
REJ2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:37 am Shipping with or without globe, I imagine every collector has one globe they could use for the photo op?
That makes the most sense
Bob    ICCC #1574
MilSpecOps Syndicate #016 --- Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0131 --- Coleman Blues 243 #86
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #047 --- Coleman Quick-Lite Crew #23 --- Gold Bond Collector #21
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

REJ2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:39 am
So you in?
10/25, and 8/07

74HARLEY
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 74HARLEY »

Count me in Levi! I'm in California now so not too far from Randy.
Joe
looking for 200a 11-56,9-77,2-65 Coleman 275 appreciation syndicate member #0004 ICCC #1262
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #19
Frank appreciation syndicate member #9
Gavercronos
Serious Colemanaholic
Title: Guy Who Does Stuff

Post by Gavercronos »

You know, if it's full of signatures by the time it gets to me I'll start a second autograph lantern. Free of charge. I'll even assemble a few different models for a photo to let you choose one.
WillCat

Chautauqua County, New York
Slant Saver [svg] Frank MakerNew York State Route 5 marker

Wanted: GPA dated 5/89, 7D Mag-lite
My greatest fear is Flying Walruses with Tommy guns for Tusks.
Ridge_Runner
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Ridge_Runner »

Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:39 pmAwesome. Thinking I might get a reflectors for more name space. Lol. Shipping would start getting real expensive.
It could. But, logistically I think it would be most efficient if it could make its way “around the country” as opposed to “across the country”. Plan the excursion!

I’m thinking if it could be handed off, at all possible, that would be the best way. Otherwise, shipping to the next closest receiver would keep cost down and still let the mileage rack up.

Would you consider moving it along without glass? Packing would be simpler if a glass wasn’t involved. I bet anyone receiving the Signature Lantern would have a fresh mantle and a little bulge globe for a photo-op.

Just putting some thoughts out...I realize this is all totally premature since you don’t have the lantern yet 🤣

Edit: I’m a little slow on the submit button...Bob beat me to the sans-glass idea.
— L.J.

Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Gavercronos wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:22 am You know, if it's full of signatures by the time it gets to me I'll start a second autograph lantern. Free of charge. I'll even assemble a few different models for a photo to let you choose one.
Sniffle. You da man!
10/25, and 8/07

REJ2
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by REJ2 »

Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:51 am
REJ2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:39 am
So you in?
Of course!
Bob    ICCC #1574
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Ridge_Runner wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:29 am
Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:39 pmAwesome. Thinking I might get a reflectors for more name space. Lol. Shipping would start getting real expensive.
It could. But, logistically I think it would be most efficient if it could make its way “around the country” as opposed to “across the country”. Plan the excursion!

I’m thinking if it could be handed off, at all possible, that would be the best way. Otherwise, shipping to the next closest receiver would keep cost down and still let the mileage rack up.

Would you consider moving it along without glass? Packing would be simpler if a glass wasn’t involved. I bet anyone receiving the Signature Lantern would have a fresh mantle and a little bulge globe for a photo-op.

Just putting some thoughts out...I realize this is all totally premature since you don’t have the lantern yet 🤣

Edit: I’m a little slow on the submit button...Bob beat me to the sans-glass idea.
Already planned it. Indiana, up to Michigan. To Wisconsin for Bruce Kuda. Scooting through the northern states to all of those collectors. Then, we get to Idaho for Frank Bebb. Then to Timm hopefully. Hopefully! Then down the west coast. Pancho. Hopefully Retherford. Then scooting through the Midwest and such. Then from Florida up the east coast. Then back down the Canadian border and at my doorstep.
10/25, and 8/07

REJ2
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by REJ2 »

Might be playing Russian Roulette with the postal service if it gets lighted, fuel, drain, ship, 30 or 40 times might get it confiscated. Might be better to just sign and photograph unlit? IDK
Bob    ICCC #1574
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

REJ2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:46 am Might be playing Russian Roulette with the postal service if it gets lighted, fuel, drain, ship, 30 or 40 times might get it confiscated. Might be better to just sign and photograph unlit? IDK
I never said to light it. L.J.’s idea
10/25, and 8/07

Ridge_Runner
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Ridge_Runner »

Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:47 am
REJ2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:46 am Might be playing Russian Roulette with the postal service if it gets lighted, fuel, drain, ship, 30 or 40 times might get it confiscated. Might be better to just sign and photograph unlit? IDK
Sorry for jumping to conclusions. I just assumed capturing a money shot was one of the goals 🙂

I’m pretty confident I could show the ol’ 242 a good time and make it ready for a safe shipment to the next destination without a chance of confiscation.

Of course if you prefer otherwise I’d oblige your wishes.
— L.J.

mksmth
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by mksmth »

i could probably just drive up to Tobys when he gets it and save a shipping fee. Same cost for fuel and I could rummage through the lantern room again.
Mike
ICCC #2030
Coleman quick lite crew #51
275 syndicate #0429
Love flathead Ford's, tropical plants and Coleman lanterns. 
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Ridge_Runner wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:07 am
Sorry for jumping to conclusions. I just assumed capturing a money shot was one of the goals 🙂

I’m pretty confident I could show the ol’ 242 a good time and make it ready for a safe shipment to the next destination without a chance of confiscation.

Actually, why would it get confiscated? How would they know it was lit and is there any reason they would confiscate it if it was lit?
10/25, and 8/07

Ridge_Runner
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Ridge_Runner »

Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:11 am

Actually, why would it get confiscated? How would they know it was lit and is there any reason they would confiscate it if it was lit?
Like Bob mentioned, if the fount isn’t properly drained (and dried) it could smell of fuel and tip off the USPS as to a “hazardous item” which would be prohibited from being shipped.

— L.J.

Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Ridge_Runner wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:28 am

Like Bob mentioned, if the fount isn’t properly drained (and dried) it could smell of fuel and tip off the USPS as to a “hazardous item” which would be prohibited from being shipped.

Lol. Guys. Pour. Water. Alcohol. Pour. It’s simple. I like how they use a coleman. Lol
10/25, and 8/07

REJ2
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by REJ2 »

mksmth wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:09 am i could probably just drive up to Tobys when he gets it and save a shipping fee. Same cost for fuel and I could rummage through the lantern room again.
Now your thinking......or conniving!!
Bob    ICCC #1574
Rfieldbuilds
Colemanaholic

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

Haha. Best to start getting name and city, states! Be easier to plan it that way. Im between Timm and Pancho.

Randy
Santa Rosa, Ca

We (you) can have a google doc with map reference showing it moving across the country. Kinda like Santa’s sleigh on Dec 24th. LOL.
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
Ridge_Runner
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Ridge_Runner »

Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:32 am
Ridge_Runner wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:28 am

Lol. Guys. Pour. Water. Alcohol. Pour. It’s simple. I like how they use a coleman. Lol
Precisely. You know how it’s done. I know how it’s done. Most everyone else here knows how it’s done. But sometimes there’s a slip up.

That’s the Russian Roulette effect 😉
— L.J.

rob_pontius
Super Colemanaholic

Post by rob_pontius »

I'm in Levi. Plenty of other collectors in my immediate area that would sign it. I could pass it off to one of them and save a shipping fee. I believe that Andy in Ft. Wayne is between us.
Rob
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

rob_pontius wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:03 am I'm in Levi. Plenty of other collectors in my immediate area that would sign it. I could pass it off to one of them and save a shipping fee. I believe that Andy in Ft. Wayne is between us.
Yeah he is. *cough*city, state, name*cough*
10/25, and 8/07

Optimus45

Post by Optimus45 »

There are quite a few of us here in SoCal. Standahl, Hansmafia and a few others within a short drive. It would be a good excuse for a get together. Unfortunately I won't be here by the time the lantern gets here.
Joe
Mil-Spec Ops #0219
If a man is alone in a forest and there isn't a women around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Optimus45 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:13 am There are quite a few of us here in SoCal. Standahl, Hansmafia and a few others within a short drive. It would be a good excuse for a get together. Unfortunately I won't be here by the time the lantern gets here.
Why won’t you be there?
10/25, and 8/07

74HARLEY
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 74HARLEY »

I'm on Bethel island, Ca
Joe
looking for 200a 11-56,9-77,2-65 Coleman 275 appreciation syndicate member #0004 ICCC #1262
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #19
Frank appreciation syndicate member #9
Coast_to_Coast
Colemanaholic

Post by Coast_to_Coast »

Sounds like fun. Count me in!
Milwaukee, WI.
Last edited by Coast_to_Coast on Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Bird- Wisconsin
“I don’t want another lantern, I just want the last one again”
ICCC#1776     The Coleman Blue‘s 243’s #143
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Coast_to_Coast wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:30 am Sounds like fun. Count me in!
🤦‍♂️ read post #1 and edit your comment.
10/25, and 8/07

Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Levi, you're going to need a Poultry Lantern to fit all these signatures...
mksmth wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:09 am i could probably just drive up to Tobys when he gets it and save a shipping fee. Same cost for fuel and I could rummage through the lantern room again.
Mike don't let me forget to make breakfast on the 2E next time!!!
REJ2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:38 am
I like Mike's way of thinking 😁
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Tgarner01 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:33 am Levi, you're going to need a Poultry Lantern to fit all these signatures...
Mike don't let me forget to make breakfast on the 2E next time!!!
REJ2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:38 am
I like Mike's way of thinking 😁
Somebody can donate a poultry lantern if they like. I wouldn’t complain.
10/25, and 8/07

Hot_Diggity
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Hot_Diggity »

Since spilled fuel could wipe out a bunch of sharpie signatures it would be best to ship it around dry.

Take photos with the mantle of another lantern or lamp visible through the globe of the travelling lantern.

No mantles wasted, no fuel spilled, no signatures wiped off.
Chuck, 3/61, ICCC 1689
Milspec Syndicate #510
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0510
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #12
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #510
Coleman Slant Saver #510
Frank Appreciation Syndicate Member #2
Tinker, Toy maker, Trash picker, Wickie, Lamp loon
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Hot_Diggity wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:10 am Since spilled fuel could wipe out a bunch of sharpie signatures it would be best to ship it around dry.

Take photos with the mantle of another lantern or lamp visible through the globe of the travelling lantern.

No mantles wasted, no fuel spilled, no signatures wiped off.
Yeah. Good point. Mantle doesn’t really matter. Needs a globe though. I don’t plan on ever firing it. Plan is to have a case and custom globe made for it and bringing it to every meetup I go to and show off my lovely lantern/lanterns if it comes down to that. (Thanks Gavercronos). Also, big news, Frank Bebb of old town coleman agreed to sign it. Two coleman gods down, two to go. Ocp Mike, and the guy from Lantern Lab. I know he’s a member here, but I don’t know his username. I wish I had an email or a Facebook or something. If anybody knows, share it!
10/25, and 8/07

Ridge_Runner
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Ridge_Runner »

Levi, it’s Curtludwig. He’s up here in MA, about an hour from me.

Yea, Chuck brings up a great point about accidentally losing the signatures from fuel spillage. That would be awful 😬
— L.J.

Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

Wow I’m late to the game. But YES I’m in too! This is a cool idea Levi. My brother (Ridge_Runner) and I live about 5 minutes from each other so signing it would be easy. Looking forward to it!!
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020 
Optimus45

Post by Optimus45 »

Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:25 am
Optimus45 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:13 am There are quite a few of us here in SoCal. Standahl, Hansmafia and a few others within a short drive. It would be a good excuse for a get together. Unfortunately I won't be here by the time the lantern gets here.
Why won’t you be there?
My time is up here in Ca and now I’m free to move around the country like your lantern. In other words I’m retiring and moving back East where I belong.
Joe
Mil-Spec Ops #0219
If a man is alone in a forest and there isn't a women around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Optimus45 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:32 pm
Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:25 am
Why won’t you be there?
My time is up here in Ca and now I’m free to move around the country like your lantern. In other words I’m retiring and moving back East where I belong.
Well the lantern is going around the whole country. Should reach you at some point.
10/25, and 8/07

Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

If it goes around the country counter clock wise and up the east coast as stated earlier...WhitegasExtrordinaire, Graverconos and any body else in NY could keep it moving and it will probably jump into MA and if the border is open by then , I can drive it over to Ottawa to PaulBarrette There seem to be quite a few members in Ontario and Quebec. Then it would be International instead of National. What ya think? It might slow down quite a bit when it hits the Canada mail system though :D
Wayne signing off...

What's the lowest you'll take for this lantern?                                                

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Jeepstircrazy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:39 pm If it goes around the country counter clock wise and up the east coast as stated earlier...WhitegasExtrordinaire, Graverconos and any body else in NY could keep it moving and it will probably jump into MA and if the border is open by then , I can drive it over to Ottawa to PaulBarrette There seem to be quite a few members in Ontario and Quebec. Then it would be International instead of National. What ya think? It might slow down quite a bit when it hits the Canada mail system though :D
Sounds cool. This is gonna be years instead of months. Lol
10/25, and 8/07

Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Jeepstircrazy wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:39 pm If it goes around the country counter clock wise and up the east coast as stated earlier...WhitegasExtrordinaire, Graverconos and any body else in NY could keep it moving and it will probably jump into MA and if the border is open by then , I can drive it over to Ottawa to PaulBarrette There seem to be quite a few members in Ontario and Quebec. Then it would be International instead of National. What ya think? It might slow down quite a bit when it hits the Canada mail system though :D
Oh. Whenever it goes to a different country, a flag has to be shipped with the lantern. All goes with the display it will have.
10/25, and 8/07

Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Alright. Toby has a good idea but won’t share it. He said I should make a wooden crate and have you guys should put a sticker of your state flag or something on it. I would guess that shipping would be more but I’m not sure. Would definitely be much cooler.
10/25, and 8/07