F-18 Hornets photos in the area

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

F-18 Hornets photos in the area

Post by hikerduane »

A resident of the county got a couple pics of these by his home, close to where us Coleman guys have camped by Lake Davis in California. I can't paste links, so check out Plumas News. All I get above my place usually is the sound, trying to locate the long past jets. :)
Duane
Duane-All seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
Phredd
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: F-18 Hornets photos in the area

Post by Phredd »

We have a place on the water in eastern NC where jets out of Seymour Johnson airbase used to real fly low over the Pamlico River. Screaming by at maybe a couple hundred feet altitude - and by the time you heard them they were long gone.

Helicopters are much easier to spot!

Phredd
ICCC#1799
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #40
drkillemquick
Colemanaholic

Post by drkillemquick »

I am involved with two sea cadet corps and our boat shed and stores are located on Canada's largest air base. Get to see alot of cool aircraft flying overhead. Love it when we have the zodiacs out and they do a low level pass over us.
Donnie
 He prayeth well, who loveth well, both man and bird and beast
hikerduane
Super Colemanaholic

Post by hikerduane »

As many years as planes, jets have been around, many people still look up to the sky.
Duane
Duane-All seasons, year round backpacker and camper.  So many stoves and lanterns, who's counting.
mksmth
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by mksmth »

my office is just a few miles south of Tulsa airport. The national Guard F16s flyover all the time on finals. Those suckers are so loud. Tulsa north south runway is pretty long and since Tinker and Vance Airforce bases are just 1.5 hours away by car we get a lot of the big air force planes and jet trainers doing touch and goes. its fun to go watch them.
Mike
ICCC #2030
Coleman quick lite crew #51
275 syndicate #0429
Love flathead Ford's, tropical plants and Coleman lanterns. 
Cottage_hill_bill
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Cottage_hill_bill »

I work at Naval Air Station Pensacola, large training base and home base for the Blue Angels. They practice every Tuesday and Wednesday morning for a couple hours. Not unusual to walk outside and have all six come right over at about 500 feet. Can't hear yourself think when that happens.
Reese
North West Florida

Reese’s Law of Thermodynamics:  At temperatures below incandescence hot metal looks exactly like cold metal.

UncleFred
Colemanaholic

Post by UncleFred »

hikerduane wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 pm A resident of the county got a couple pics of these by his home, close to where us Coleman guys have camped by Lake Davis in California. I can't paste links, so check out Plumas News. All I get above my place usually is the sound, trying to locate the long past jets. :)
Duane
Link to Plumas News article:
https://www.plumasnews.com/hornets-in-f ... ake-davis/
Everyone's Favorite Uncle