Levi’s 1200 lantern

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Levi’s 1200 lantern

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

Finally this lantern is burning as it should again. Levi never got this running aside from ordering some expensive vaporizer, pump, needles from FOGAS.se he never got this running like it is now.

Did a bit of research and this lantern shares the gas tip with Petromax 250cp, ordered the needle too but threading at the base was a tad smaller so I pulled the needle wire from the new one I got in the mail yesterday and installed in the old broken one Levi sent me with the lantern. Cleaned the torch in my ultrasonic machine, added a new pip from a thick o-ring I got for this purpose only, adjusted air flow and needle length, put a new Coleman chity mantle and it’s burning again.

Now getting this packed back to Muncie Indiana.

I hope you like my services rates Levi 😉
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Pancho~

ICCC MEMBER #: 1993
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Levi’s 1200 lantern

Post by Leviticus_Tomethreus »

You had great rates pancho. You’re wrong though, I bought way more stuff. Entire pump, cap gasket, globe, genny, mantles. Bail nuts too.
My friends don’t call me “Lantern/lampie Levi” for nothin’,if they did call me that.
Looking for bday lanterns 8/38, 8/41,
10/25, and 8/07
The biggest lie I tell myself is ”I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it.”
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday” -A.A. Milne
Now officially ICCC member #1995. Most likely the youngest member with a registered name.

You guessed it, Levi Tomey 
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:41 pm You had great rates pancho. You’re wrong though, I bought way more stuff. Entire pump, cap gasket, globe, genny, mantles.
Dang, you should’ve contacted me before you have expended that fortune with fogas
~Pancho~

Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Pancholoco1911 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 pm
Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:41 pm You had great rates pancho. You’re wrong though, I bought way more stuff. Entire pump, cap gasket, globe, genny, mantles.
Dang, you should’ve contacted me before you have expended that fortune with fogas
Wasn’t my fortune. Hahaha
My friends don’t call me “Lantern/lampie Levi” for nothin’,if they did call me that.
10/25, and 8/07
The biggest lie I tell myself is ”I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it.”
Now officially ICCC member #1995. Most likely the youngest member with a registered name.

Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Looking good Poncho!! Levi... Don't break it!!...
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
Dmacp
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Dmacp »

I have one of those. It's new.
After fiddling with the preheater on it I finally realized it had not been drilled. Just for decoration I guess.
Dan
ICCC member #604
Gasman64
Super Colemanaholic
Title: Gaseous Maximus

Post by Gasman64 »

Nice work, Pancho; he owes you at least a hundred corn cobs.
Steve
ICCC #1012
South Eastern Pennsylvania
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

Nice work Pancho!

I remember when Levi mentioned all the parts he ordered overseas and was thinking he should have known to ask here first. Hopefully that's a lesson learned.

>>Wasn’t my fortune. Hahaha

Make no mistake Levi, that ate into your lantern funds, even if indirectly. :)
-Jim

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?

Today's forecast calls for 100% chance of coffee!
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

JimL wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:14 am Nice work Pancho!

I remember when Levi mentioned all the parts he ordered overseas and was thinking he should have known to ask here first. Hopefully that's a lesson learned.

Haha. I have proof that my dad has infinite lantern funds if at a physical store. Bought a 329 the other day for $50. Went and asked him to buy one for same price online and he said no. Hmm
10/25, and 8/07

Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

Great job Pancho! Levi, you have a sweet lantern there!
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020 
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

Gasman64 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:36 am Nice work, Pancho; he owes you at least a hundred corn cobs.
🤪 they come handy in winter months to start a fire 🔥.
Thanks

Kgam1020 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:41 am Great job Pancho! Levi, you have a sweet lantern there!

Thank you!

He asked many many questions in the euro lantern forum and he got directed to Fogas, he says he likes to do research and read but apparently he didn’t. This was an easy fix and mostly clean all the internal.
I’m glad this lantern is running again, he have already told everyone that this lantern belonged to his Grandfather and I told him that he needs to keep it in the family but he offered me as a trade and that’s sad because he’s giving away his heirloom.
~Pancho~

JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

I understand that too well unfortunately. Not just for heirlooms, but other stuff I had as a child and wish I never parted with. Those are items that can never be replaced. I managed to keep the 200A I got when I was 12 years old. It's overall pretty ratty, and I do have some very nice and somewhat pricey GPA's, if I had to be rid of everything but one item, that one item would be the 200A.

Yeah, the Euro forums recommend Euro sites for parts, which is to be expected. Just like us in the US recommending OCP for parts. Folks making the recommendations seldom take into account the country the person is in or wouldn't necessarily recommend purchasing from across the pond.
-Jim

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?

Today's forecast calls for 100% chance of coffee!
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Pancholoco1911 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:41 pm
Gasman64 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:36 am Nice work, Pancho; he owes you at least a hundred corn cobs.
🤪 they come handy in winter months to start a fire 🔥.
Thanks

Kgam1020 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:41 am Great job Pancho! Levi, you have a sweet lantern there!

Thank you!

He asked many many questions in the euro lantern forum and he got directed to Fogas, he says he likes to do research and read but apparently he didn’t. This was an easy fix and mostly clean all the internal.
I’m glad this lantern is running again, he have already told everyone that this lantern belonged to his Grandfather and I told him that he needs to keep it in the family but he offered me as a trade and that’s sad because he’s giving away his heirloom.
Yeah. Who said I like to do research? Hahaha
10/25, and 8/07