Super Coleman store...VERY picture heavy.

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Super Coleman store...VERY picture heavy.

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

I guess that’s what I am going to call my new friend’s place... here is some eye candy. Can anybody tell me what the lamp in the sideways picture is? And also what the bottom four pictures are ? The lantern has a real small collar and the vent clips on as you can see...Definitely got to get a 249 next time and this unknown small collar one. Hasn’t put a price on the green lamp yet! Oh, this posting would only allow ten images...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne signing off...

What's the lowest you'll take for this lantern?                                                

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

"I'm not sure if I actually have freetime or if I just keep forgetting stuff!"
( Thanks for that one Uncle Sidney!) :D
Rfieldbuilds
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: Super Coleman store...VERY picture heavy.

Post by Rfieldbuilds »

PM sent.
Randy
QL #15, Slant Saver #59, #0269 Turd Hurdler, #0269 Mil Spec Syndicate, Coleman Blues 243 #0269, BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #072, Sears Traveler 2.0 Host #1, and a few others too.
74HARLEY
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 74HARLEY »

There's some cool stuff in there!
Joe
looking for 200a 11-56,9-77,2-65 Coleman 275 appreciation syndicate member #0004 ICCC #1262
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #19
Frank appreciation syndicate member #9
Majicwrench
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Majicwrench »

Yawn... ya lots of stuff.

Where would this happen to be :) ?
Keith
Hot_Diggity
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Hot_Diggity »

Sideways lamp is a Thomas Kero Safe. That's the fancy model. It's on Terry Marsh's site.

https://terry-marsh.com/u-s-lamp-manufacturers-p-z/
Chuck, 3/61, ICCC 1689
Milspec Syndicate #510
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0510
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #12
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #510
Coleman Slant Saver #510
Frank Appreciation Syndicate Member #2
Tinker, Toy maker, Trash picker, Wickie, Lamp loon
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Leviticus_Tomethreus »

Oh my god. First lamp looks like a 150 vase lamp. That AQ. Man. I need it.
My friends don’t call me “Lantern/lampie Levi” for nothin’,if they did call me that.
Looking for bday lanterns 8/38, 8/41,
10/25, and 8/07
The biggest lie I tell myself is ”I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it.”
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing everyday” -A.A. Milne
Now officially ICCC member #1995. Most likely the youngest member with a registered name.

You guessed it, Levi Tomey 
Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

You know it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne signing off...

Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

The bad news it is not a Coleman vase!

Thank you!
Kevin

I may frighten easily!
My current shade is Coleman!!
To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

ICCC # 1865

Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

Kevin knows his s—-t! It was closest he has found . That simple fact may reduce the price for me. So Kevin, still think this is your guy up here?
Wayne signing off...

Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Wayne
I haven’t seen those pictures before!

Thank you!
Kevin

I may frighten easily!

ICCC # 1865

egroscup
Colemanaholic

Post by egroscup »

I would be all over the pencil neck geek lantern. Lots of great stuff there. E.
The year 2259, the place Babylon 5
Erik
Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

egroscup wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:15 am I would be all over the pencil neck geek lantern. Lots of great stuff there. E.
One or two at a time man... I can't go crazy .. And yet I just got off the phone with a friend that said "Maybe we should just buy everything he's got." He ( my friend ) has the dough... I don't. So next time...Is it the Kamplite upside down lantern? The 249? The pencil neck geek thing? The Thomas lamp? etc. etc. etc.
Wayne signing off...

Rubing
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rubing »

Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:23 pm Oh my god. First lamp looks like a 150 vase lamp. That AQ. Man. I need it.
That is not a 150/150K vase lamp. Although the insert might be correct.
Last edited by Rubing on Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ICCC # 1402
Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Rubing wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:50 am
Leviticus_Tomethreus wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:23 pm Oh my god. First lamp looks like a 150 vase lamp. That AQ. Man. I need it.
That is not a 150/150K vase lamp
Why do you think I said “looks?”
My friends don’t call me “Lantern/lampie Levi” for nothin’,if they did call me that.
10/25, and 8/07
The biggest lie I tell myself is ”I don’t need to write that down, I’ll remember it.”
Now officially ICCC member #1995. Most likely the youngest member with a registered name.

Rubing
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rubing »

Looks like it. Not close but even the inserts are bringing good money now.
ICCC # 1402
Kansas_John
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kansas_John »

If Greg’s gonna show off...
John M. Lawrence, KS
ICCC #1431

Looking for any oddball moderns and an REI single burner anniversary stove.
rob_pontius
Super Colemanaholic

Post by rob_pontius »

I believe the lantern with the tiny frame rest is a Gloria model R. I have 2 of them here. I haven't looked at them for a while, but the one in the picture looks right. The vent on the Gloria does clip on with those tabs as well. That would be a really nice haul to score some of the things in those pictures. I hope that you can make a deal with the owner.
Rob
Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

I'm trying Rob, I'm trying! There is the inverted Kamplite, the Big hat blue AGM, the 249's, Green 242, I've seen a couple of amber globes. There are a few Coleman cases , plastic ,metal and home made that we didn't get to and he doesn't remember what is in them...237, 247 , the Thomas lamp ( thanks Hot_Diggity!) and so much more!!! There must be close to 50 lamps....I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown!!!
Wayne signing off...

Leviticus_Tomethreus
Super Colemanaholic

Jeepstircrazy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:49 am I'm trying Rob, I'm trying! There is the inverted Kamplite, the Big hat blue AGM, the 249's, Green 242, I've seen a couple of amber globes. There are a few Coleman cases , plastic ,metal and home made that we didn't get to and he doesn't remember what is in them...237, 247 , the Thomas lamp ( thanks Hot_Diggity!) and so much more!!! There must be close to 50 lamps....I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown!!!
Helloooo! Anyone home? Don’t leave the AQ out of the equation. It’s like the best one.
10/25, and 8/07

Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Jeepstircrazy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:21 pm Kevin knows his s—-t! It was closest he has found . That simple fact may reduce the price for me. So Kevin, still think this is your guy up here?
Wayne
I’ve known Don’s sister and BIL for probably 8 years. Learned of his collection 3-4 years ago but never saw it until today. Actually needed to go up there to pick up the balance of his friends collection that I paid for over a year ago.I was supposed to be up there months ago. I did buy a few things, don’t worry I left a ton of good stuff.
I’ll post up what I bought in another thread later. It’s been a long day.

Thank you!
Kevin

I may frighten easily!

ICCC # 1865

Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

I can only hope you left me a few I had my sites set on and that you didn't drive the prices out of my range!
Wayne signing off...

Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

:cf_welcomejump: Well, it's taken me a bit to recover from the assault. 28 years ago on March 22 I was stabbed in the neck and hand by an inmate in a Jail I worked in... And almost 28 years later almost to the day ( March 20) I was again assaulted by a forum member here. If you all take the time to go over this thread you can see that on the 16th of March in all of my enthusiasm and naiveté, I posted pictures and descriptions of a find of a lifetime not 20 minutes from my house. In the thread I listed all the things on the top of my list that I couldn't wait to go back and procure. Other members here helped me identify some pieces that I thought might be rare and indeed were. So FOUR days later , a member that "knew of the collection from 4 years ago but had never seen it" drove 3.5 hours up here and bought the 4 pieces I wanted the most. That individual did leave me a 249 , ( the one with the soldered pump and no generator) and told me in this thread that he left me lots of goodies. People , this has been one of the most exciting and rewarding hobbies I've ever found. I'll recover, you'll notice I stayed away from the forum for a few weeks, but man I just can't believe the audacity of some people!
rob_pontius wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:11 am I believe the lantern with the tiny frame rest is a Gloria model R. I have 2 of them here. I haven't looked at them for a while, but the one in the picture looks right. The vent on the Gloria does clip on with those tabs as well. That would be a really nice haul to score some of the things in those pictures. I hope that you can make a deal with the owner.
Wayne
I’ve known Don’s sister and BIL for probably 8 years. Learned of his collection 3-4 years ago but never saw it until today. Actually needed to go up there to pick up the balance of his friends collection that I paid for over a year ago.I was supposed to be up there months ago. I did buy a few things, don’t worry I left a ton of good stuff.
I’ll post up what I bought in another thread later. It’s been a long day.
[/quote]
Jeepstircrazy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:40 am
egroscup wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:15 am
I would be all over the pencil neck geek lantern. Lots of great stuff there. E.
One or two at a time man... I can't go crazy .. . So next time...Is it the Kamplite upside down lantern? The 249? The pencil neck geek thing? The Thomas lamp? etc. etc. etc.
Read the whole thread, it'll make you throw up.. Oh and then he posted the restoration pictures of the Gloria....what a piece of work......
Wayne signing off...

florida_grown
Colemanaholic

Post by florida_grown »

That's just down right wrong and I am sorry that you were undermined like that.
I don't want to know where anything is but I don't know much about lanterns and very curious if you or anyone could tell me about this lantern second in from the left that appears to have either a maroon, brown, or very dirty red vent on it please.

Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

bump, because it needs to be out there.....
Wayne signing off...

flywheel73

Post by flywheel73 »

If you had already struck a deal for certain pieces then shame on the seller. It is disheartening to here these stories even when every ones' intentions are good. a similar occurrence happened to me in the early 90s when I had looked at a 1970 boss 302 mustang on a Friday and told the seller I couldn't get the money till Monday. I bragged to a couple of buddies and one of them purchased the car on Saturday. We didn't really speak for a long time afterward but in the end I decided it was just an old car. It still sucked but it was a lesson well learned.
If a little is good, more is better, too much is just right
Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

Yup, they are out there.... guess you have to always be on guard....sad isn't it? Makes you wonder how they were raised...
Wayne signing off...

stoves1234
Colemanaholic

Post by stoves1234 »

I realize that the purpose of your original post was to share that impressive collection with the other collectors on this forum. But, it obviously wasn't a good idea to do that, and include ten pictures, before you'd bought anything from the collection.
Jim
Jeepstircrazy
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

stoves1234 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:46 pm I realize that the purpose of your original post was to share that impressive collection with the other collectors on this forum. But, it obviously wasn't a good idea to do that, and include ten pictures, before you'd bought anything from the collection.
I actually did purchase 4 pieces and came back with pictures of things I needed help identifying, that appeared unique, from members on the forum. They were unique. Even rare if you like... I actually was going to pick up the Gloria on my last visit but the seller wanted to clean up his junk parts, and trying to be helpful I bought that stuff. So he said so you're getting the parts, this lantern and this one too, today. I said I didn't bring that much money with me I'll get that one ( the Gloria ) next time.... and then the swoop....yep , loose lips sinks ships.... trust in your fellow man is a waste of time I guess. The seller had a guy blow in from out of town with a bundle... I can't blame the seller for getting giddy....it happens. It's the ... oh never mind. ...some believe in karma... let's hope it rings true.
Wayne signing off...