A Trio Of 321 Easi-Lites - A Package Deal

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
CoolPro
Colemanaholic

A Trio Of 321 Easi-Lites - A Package Deal

Post by CoolPro »

A trio of 321s - a January '79 321-B (left), a February '80 321-C (centre), and a January '87 321-B (right).

The '79 and '80 are nearly perfect - I doubt they have been fired more than once or twice. The '87 has been used and abused a bit more. None has original globes, though?!?

The '79 case and lantern fount have 'AB' stenclilled on them - I suspect that this lantern was likely purchased and barely used by our provincial government here in Alberta.

It is interesting to see the different shade of green fount paint and label between the '79 and '87 321-B - the latter looks almost identical to an '85 325 on my shelf.

Bought these as a set mostly for the protective shells they came with - the PO did not want to separate them. Bonus trios of 21 mantle packs and funnels. These might be a set of lanterns I fix up and sell. Or fix up and use as runners....one can never tell - depends on the lantern, as I'm beginning to realize!

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CoolPro - Kelly In Alberta
Novice Fettler
kellyblues
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: A Trio Of 321 Easi-Lites - A Package Deal

Post by kellyblues »

Nice line up! I see what you mean about the color.
Milspec syndicate #0044
ICCC member # 1154

Have a heritage lantern for trade only. Pm me if interested

Still learning how NOT to do things.
CoolPro
Colemanaholic

Post by CoolPro »

kellyblues wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:28 pm Nice line up! I see what you mean about the color.
Thanks! The way I'm accumulating easi-lites, I'm going to eventually need a lot of o-rings ๐Ÿ˜‚

Cheers,
Novice Fettler
Mister_Wilson
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Mister_Wilson »

Nice trio! They donโ€™t show up much around here.
John
H.C. Lanterns dealer
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #2001 A Turd's Odyssey
Canadian Blues #028
Coleman Slant Saver #31
Looking for 6-56 and 6-58 Birthday lanterns.
There's been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about.
CoolPro
Colemanaholic

Post by CoolPro »

So, the lantern on the right in my OP really can't be a 321B, can it? ICCC says production wrapped on that lantern in '82. The vent and collar on this says yes it is, but the fount (1-87), which is darker green with newer label style says no. With that date, I am thinking the fount is from a 325, but the valve has a jamb nut instead of a clip assembly?!? Is it possible Coleman Toronto was using up old parts, or is this just a Frank?

Cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Novice Fettler
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Not sure what you got Kelly... But I do know that's my birthday lantern ๐Ÿ˜ That now means you have mine and my wife's birthday month lanterns in your collection... You must be doing something right ๐Ÿ˜‰ as the old saying goes, if you decide to part with them send me a PM ๐Ÿ‘
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
CoolPro
Colemanaholic

Post by CoolPro »

Tgarner01 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:28 am Not sure what you got Kelly... But I do know that's my birthday lantern ๐Ÿ˜ That now means you have mine and my wife's birthday month lanterns in your collection... You must be doing something right ๐Ÿ˜‰ as the old saying goes, if you decide to part with them send me a PM ๐Ÿ‘
Wow! We may have to make a deal on this...but you should know that from what I can tell so far (see photos below), your 'birthday lantern' seems to be a 'Frank Trans' - that is, it has a 321B (or even C) vent, with a 321B collar, a 325 fount, and a 325A valve assembly.

I will PM you once I get it fired up.

So in the photos below (left to right) we have my 325, your frank/trans birthday lantern, and my 325A.
The photos do not quite show it as clearly as in person, but the centre fount is much closer in color to the 325 than the 325A.
My 325 has a red valve knob, behind which is a spring clip.
My 325A has a black valve knob, behind which is a jamb nut - identical to the one fitted to the centre fount (which I'm saying is a 325).
See? Coleman FrankTrans 321BC5A :lol:

Cheers!
Novice Fettler
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

A FrankTrans sounds like it would fit right in with all the other Frankie lanterns I have stashed away Kelly ๐Ÿ˜‰
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939