Coleman candle - walmart find

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
sjsjr86s

Coleman candle - walmart find

Post by sjsjr86s »

Walmart near me was selling these, before anybody accuses me of converting to LED, these are actually candles with an LED unit inside. my plan is to use it completely up and save it for the glass jar that has "coleman" embossed in it and make my own candle from it. this is the kind of neat stuff that they're coming out with that I would consider to become collectible.
IMG_20210408_083650396~2.jpg
IMG_20210408_083632485~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
San Diego, CA
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Coleman candle - walmart find

Post by JimL »

Those candles are awesome. They've been around for a few years, but I never saw them at Walmart until this week. It appears that only the packaging has changed. Because the LED's are at the bottom, as the candle burns way down, the colors won't be as pronounced, but are still visible.

Unless something has changed, here are the colors it cycles through.
Blue.jpg
Green.jpg
Red.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Jim

I threw a boomerang a couple years ago; I now live in constant fear.

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

:cf_sign_weird:

L.. E... What?... 😁
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
sjsjr86s

Post by sjsjr86s »

Tgarner01 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:35 pm :cf_sign_weird:

L.. E... What?... 😁
Srsly I know it's like using the F word when talking to the pastor. This one deserves a pass tho I take full responsibility :lol:
Steve
San Diego, CA
sjsjr86s

Post by sjsjr86s »

JimL wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:28 pm Those candles are awesome. They've been around for a few years, but I never saw them at Walmart until this week. It appears that only the packaging has changed. Because the LED's are at the bottom, as the candle burns way down, the colors won't be as pronounced, but are still visible.

Unless something has changed, here are the colors it cycles through.

Blue.jpg

Green.jpg

Red.jpg
Jim I haven't opened mine yet, I'm curious does it use thermoelectric power to run the LED or does it have a battery somewhere and a switch? I probably won't open this one but will be back to Walmart for another 288 globe and probably another one or 30 of these :lol: thanks for the photos!
Steve
San Diego, CA
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Post by JimL »

I haven't run mine down all the way to definitely state an answer, but am confident it's a battery. I'm not aware of a thermoelectric unit that would be as efficient, or cost effective enough to put in a disposable candle.

It's a wickie AND it's by Coleman, so no issues with the forum, even if it does have an LED. :)
-Jim

I threw a boomerang a couple years ago; I now live in constant fear.

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?