OT - C-H Armory Dies and RCBS Box

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
mgmlvks
Super Colemanaholic

OT - C-H Armory Dies and RCBS Box

Post by mgmlvks »

Having obtained a set of 7.62x51 (.308) dies on-line - I did some studying. Noted as "C-H Armory" dies, they are well built and little used dies by C-H Tool and Die when they were based in Owen, Wisconsin in (likely) 1960's. It bothered me that they were in a raggedy RCBS box - so borrowed some pics from the internet, shipping label paper and rebadged the RCBS Box. A fun diversion.
rcbs ch armory box change word doc snip.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike, ICCC member #1156, Slant Saver Group #011, 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0215, FAS #20 - Confusing Future Generations of Collectors One Lantern at a Time
"In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present"Francis Bacon
(and - for those who have asked - avatar from postcard and says "Coming Home by Rail".  https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4595/2743 ... be00_z.jpg  
justjay

Re: OT - C-H Armory Dies and RCBS Box

Post by justjay »

Wow! Can you replace the decapping pin, are they available?
mgmlvks
Super Colemanaholic

Post by mgmlvks »

Generally not too difficult to replace the decap pin. Most major manufacturers and suppliers have them.
Mike, ICCC member #1156, Slant Saver Group #011, 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0215, FAS #20 - Confusing Future Generations of Collectors One Lantern at a Time
"In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present"Francis Bacon
(and - for those who have asked - avatar from postcard and says "Coming Home by Rail".  https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4595/2743 ... be00_z.jpg  
shaune509

Post by shaune509 »

CH4D is still a going company, they are one of the few that still carry/make the odd parts for now gone names like Texan and Herters. There lead time is long but they have a good rep for od and custom die sets.
Shaune509
mgmlvks
Super Colemanaholic

Post by mgmlvks »

I have a few other C-H dies and they are very nice. First set of dies in 1980 or so was 30.06 by Lachmiller Engineering - loaded a LOT of ammo with them. I enjoy finding the quality older makers equipment and really haave a hard time letting any of it go (sort of like GPA's!). The green box just bothered me so had to fix it. Hope to get to reloading with these late summer of early fall.
shaune509 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:41 pm CH4D is still a going company, they are one of the few that still carry/make the odd parts for now gone names like Texan and Herters. There lead time is long but they have a good rep for od and custom die sets.
Shaune509