American Pickers Lamp-O-Rama

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
smarti
Serious Colemanaholic

American Pickers Lamp-O-Rama

Post by smarti »

At about the 1:30 mark Frank is looking at a lamp. Next to it is a unique GPA with a ribbed yellow shade. The fount looks AGM and it is similar to the AGM Model 176 lamp shown on Terr'y site, but not configured exactly the same. Would love to have it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-6mB6r4-YE
Last edited by smarti on Mon May 24, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It was Love at first light!!! Scott
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Re: American Pickers Lamp=O-Rama

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

smarti wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:24 pm At about the 1:30 mark Frank is looking at a lamp. Next to it is a unique GPA with a ribbed yellow shade. The fount looks AGM and it is similar to the AGM Model 176 lamp shown on Terr'y site, but not configured exactly the same. Would love to have it.

Not sure what that one is, someone else will know but I find what Frank says about the electrics interesting. I am no expert but know just about every time I go out picking I see those styles. I am sure geography has a lot to do with the "rarity". They are probably something I should learn up on. Then again when they are advertised locally they do not seem to sell quick if at all.

Thank you!
Kevin

I may frighten easily!
My current shade is Coleman!!
To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

ICCC # 1865

burnt bacon
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: American Pickers Lamp-O-Rama

Post by burnt bacon »

smarti wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:24 pm At about the 1:30 mark Frank is looking at a lamp. Next to it is a unique GPA with a ribbed yellow shade. The fount looks AGM and it is similar to the AGM Model 176 lamp shown on Terr'y site, but not configured exactly the same. Would love to have it.

good eye
Stovie at heart...
Bumpkin_95
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Bumpkin_95 »

At the very end they show some lanterns. Not sure what the green on in the middle was. But looks cool
My other personality’s call me Lee
Milspec Syndicate member #1995
Like a lantern just hanging out
Iccc member #1927
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

I believe the lamp you're seeing is one of those gravity feed student lamps that always got electrified... I believe they were originally a wickie...
Bumpkin_95 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:00 am At the very end they show some lanterns. Not sure what the green on in the middle was. But looks cool
Lee That's one of Colemans LP lanterns. 5120?... I forget their model numbers.
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
smarti
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by smarti »

Tgarner01 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:15 am

I believe the lamp you're seeing is one of those gravity feed student lamps that always got electrified... I believe they were originally a wickie...

No way. That is a GPA with the yellow ribbed shade. CQ lamp with a red shade immediately to its left. Fount below the burner is a sure tell. AGM almost certainly. Terry's site says they were made for placing on pianos. I just know I would like to have one.

That is NOT a gravity lamp.
lamp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by smarti on Tue May 25, 2021 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

smarti wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:08 am
Tgarner01 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:15 am

No way. That is a GPA with the yellow ribbed shade. CQ lamp with a red shade immediately to its left. Fount below the burner is a sure tell. AGM almost certainly. Terry's site says they were made for placing on pianos. I just know I would like to have one.
I caught a different angle of it and see what you are saying now... They cut scenes so quick it's hard to see it all 😁

ICCC #1939
Macburner

Post by Macburner »

Yes the same type as AGM 176 but this is model 177. This is from AGM catalog #22 which dates to about 1916. ::Neil::
!!AGM 177_Cat 22 p29.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate

Author-The Pressure Lamp Catalogue (PLC).

Neil A. McRae. ICCC #306. Director International Guild of Lamp Researchers Ltd.

smarti
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by smarti »

Thank you, Neil. Your expertise is always greatly appreciated. I sure would like to find one of those unique lamps someday.

Best.

Scott
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

Macburner wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:38 pm Yes the same type as AGM 176 but this is model 177. This is from AGM catalog #22 which dates to about 1916. ::Neil::

!!AGM 177_Cat 22 p29.jpg
Thank you Neil.
I have questions but I’ll do some digging prior to asking them.
I’ve seen a number of those “short” shades but never knew a specific GPA application.
Very nice paper.

Thank you!
Kevin

I may frighten easily!
My current shade is Coleman!!
To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

ICCC # 1865

Buckeyecamper

Post by Buckeyecamper »

I went to an auction today and bought an unusual AGM lamp. After looking it up on Terry's site and here I found out its an AGM model 177 lamp. Guess it's not too common as Terry didn't have any pics of one only the model 176. I watched the American Pickers Lamp-O-Rama clip posted here and I recognized the lamps and the family. This was their auction. My new Lamp is the same one from this thread. It's rare and it's been on TV. Cool! Guess that's why it wasn't 8$. My other favorite find was a fancy painted Gill Bros. Lamp shade sold by Sears & Roebuck. It's was a long day waiting but it was worth it.
Dave
David A Jewell II
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Cool stuff!!
ICCC #1939
smarti
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by smarti »

I will make you a sweet offer on that lap if your are interested? Very cool. PM me.
bigfrank97
Colemanaholic

Post by bigfrank97 »

Cool Dave!!!!
ICCC #1224

THE Ohio Boys University

Frank