Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
Post Reply
Cajuncook1
Senior Member
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:05 pm

Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#1

Post by Cajuncook1 »

Just playing around with my completed mechanical fettle M1950. It would probably be way easier to roast marshmallows with a Coleman 502. Easier to dial down the heat.

I had to twirl and adjust the height from the flames to get it about right. Couple of flamers the first go around.... 🤣

What started this was my wife saying, "some roasted marshmallows would be good right now." Well I just finished fettling and decided for a test run.

Turned out to be tasty post fettle run 😏
1968 Rodgers Akron M1950 cooking marshmallows.jpg
1968 Rodgers Akron M1950 cooking marshmallows pic 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,

Cajuncook1
:cf_beercheers:
stoves1234
Colemanaholic
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:54 pm

Re: Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#2

Post by stoves1234 »

Golden brown, the way I like 'em. Looks like you have it burning well.
Jim
User avatar
mksmth
Super Colemanaholic
Posts: 1578
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Re: Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#3

Post by mksmth »

I've often wonder if they would have an odd fuel taste to them.

Better not show my 8 year old this or well will be buying bags of the a day. Lol
Mike
ICCC #2030
Coleman quick lite crew #51
275 syndicate #0429
Love flathead Ford's, tropical plants and Coleman lantern.
User avatar
Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic
Posts: 2552
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:36 pm

Re: Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#4

Post by Kgam1020 »

That’s the perfect way to roast a marshmallow
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020 
Cajuncook1
Senior Member
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:05 pm

Re: Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#5

Post by Cajuncook1 »

mksmth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:29 am I've often wonder if they would have an odd fuel taste to them.

Better not show my 8 year old this or well will be buying bags of the a day. Lol
I'm using CF, I did not detect any off taste.

Next week I will try the Coleman 502. I think it will be a bit easier since I will be able to lower the flame.

My wife requested Smores for next week :)

Go on and surprise that boy of yours! Roast up some marshmallows :)
Cheers,

Cajuncook1
:cf_beercheers:
User avatar
mksmth
Super Colemanaholic
Posts: 1578
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Re: Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#6

Post by mksmth »

Cajuncook1 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:18 pm
mksmth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:29 am I've often wonder if they would have an odd fuel taste to them.

Better not show my 8 year old this or well will be buying bags of the a day. Lol
I'm using CF, I did not detect any off taste.

Next week I will try the Coleman 502. I think it will be a bit easier since I will be able to lower the flame.

My wife requested Smores for next week :)

Go on and surprise that boy of yours! Roast up some marshmallows :)
good to know. He is getting his own 502 this weekend. its a suprise so we may use it for smores!
Mike
ICCC #2030
Coleman quick lite crew #51
275 syndicate #0429
Love flathead Ford's, tropical plants and Coleman lantern.
User avatar
1hpycmpr
Super Colemanaholic
Posts: 3351
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Re: Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#7

Post by 1hpycmpr »

Nice! I’ve never tried roasting a marshmallow over a stove so I’ll have to give it a go sometime.
Tip of the day: cut a slit in the marshmallow, stuff in a Hershey’s Kiss of your preferred flavor and slow roast the marshmallow to a golden brown. The Kiss will soften/melt and pair well with or without the graham cracker. Yum!
Mark
*Stargazer*
salukispeed
Super Colemanaholic
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:20 pm

Re: Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#8

Post by salukispeed »

Way cool. We used to do that over the kitchen stove when Mom and Dad was not around and was good till some fell off onto the burner and down in between. . I am looking to try something with my new to me Primus 210 and this looks like a good option. I do not smell any Kero from it if assembled properly.
Bob
ICCC 1868
Perfection appreciation #10
Milspec 65252
User avatar
mksmth
Super Colemanaholic
Posts: 1578
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Re: Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#9

Post by mksmth »

1hpycmpr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm Nice! I’ve never tried roasting a marshmallow over a stove so I’ll have to give it a go sometime.
Tip of the day: cut a slit in the marshmallow, stuff in a Hershey’s Kiss of your preferred flavor and slow roast the marshmallow to a golden brown. The Kiss will soften/melt and pair well with or without the graham cracker. Yum!
And just how fat are you trying to make me Mark? sounds great
Mike
ICCC #2030
Coleman quick lite crew #51
275 syndicate #0429
Love flathead Ford's, tropical plants and Coleman lantern.
User avatar
1hpycmpr
Super Colemanaholic
Posts: 3351
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Re: Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#10

Post by 1hpycmpr »

mksmth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm
1hpycmpr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm Nice! I’ve never tried roasting a marshmallow over a stove so I’ll have to give it a go sometime.
Tip of the day: cut a slit in the marshmallow, stuff in a Hershey’s Kiss of your preferred flavor and slow roast the marshmallow to a golden brown. The Kiss will soften/melt and pair well with or without the graham cracker. Yum!
And just how fat are you trying to make me Mark? sounds great
🤣 Mike, I won’t lie, it is pretty good. I want to try something other than the plain Kisses. There are several different flavors and I like the fact that you don’t have to deal with the big chunk of chocolate when assembling a s’more!
Mark
*Stargazer*
User avatar
mksmth
Super Colemanaholic
Posts: 1578
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Re: Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#11

Post by mksmth »

1hpycmpr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:58 pm
mksmth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm
1hpycmpr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm Nice! I’ve never tried roasting a marshmallow over a stove so I’ll have to give it a go sometime.
Tip of the day: cut a slit in the marshmallow, stuff in a Hershey’s Kiss of your preferred flavor and slow roast the marshmallow to a golden brown. The Kiss will soften/melt and pair well with or without the graham cracker. Yum!
And just how fat are you trying to make me Mark? sounds great
🤣 Mike, I won’t lie, it is pretty good. I want to try something other than the plain Kisses. There are several different flavors and I like the fact that you don’t have to deal with the big chunk of chocolate when assembling a s’more!
ok well this will be on the to do list for the weekend!
Mike
ICCC #2030
Coleman quick lite crew #51
275 syndicate #0429
Love flathead Ford's, tropical plants and Coleman lantern.
Cajuncook1
Senior Member
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:05 pm

Re: Roasting Marshmallows with a M1950

#12

Post by Cajuncook1 »

mksmth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:35 pm
1hpycmpr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:58 pm
mksmth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:43 pm
1hpycmpr wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:30 pm Nice! I’ve never tried roasting a marshmallow over a stove so I’ll have to give it a go sometime.
Tip of the day: cut a slit in the marshmallow, stuff in a Hershey’s Kiss of your preferred flavor and slow roast the marshmallow to a golden brown. The Kiss will soften/melt and pair well with or without the graham cracker. Yum!
And just how fat are you trying to make me Mark? sounds great
🤣 Mike, I won’t lie, it is pretty good. I want to try something other than the plain Kisses. There are several different flavors and I like the fact that you don’t have to deal with the big chunk of chocolate when assembling a s’more!
ok well this will be on the to do list for the weekend!
Post pics of your little man's stove and cooking skills from this weekend!

If it's not too much trouble.

That boy is going to grinning from ear to ear :)
Cheers,

Cajuncook1
:cf_beercheers:
Post Reply