So I fired up a heater for my wife.....

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
Majicwrench
Super Colemanaholic

So I fired up a heater for my wife.....

Post by Majicwrench »

My wife has a conference call...gonna take an hour....she's cold (always) so I run downstairs and fire up a Tilley....first one I grab the pip leaks. Second one works good. Up to her office I go, am gonna be her hero!!!

She's having a hot flash, no hero at the moment......maybe in a few minutes.
Keith
Deanofid

Re: So I fired up a heater for my wife.....

Post by Deanofid »

Oh man, I understand the "being cold all the time" thing, Keith. Since the heart problems, I can't get warm enough during the winter months. No Kidding. Just the way the metabolism works, I guess, when things change in one's body.

G'head. Be her hero. It will be good for both of you, my Montana Coleman friend!
Say "howdy" to the little woman, and I hope she doesn't mind being referred to as such (little woman).

Hey, we've got an inch of snow and it's coming down. How are things in the next state over from the best state (Idaho)?

Dean
Dean -Midnight Kerosene Ritualist--Deans Machine:  www.deansmachine.com  
ICCC #1220.   275 commiseration #0018.
"In Him was life, and His life was the Light of men."  John 1:4
74HARLEY
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 74HARLEY »

Hey Keith, I got my wife hooked on my perfection heater. She's cold when we go home in the winter.
Joe
looking for 200a 11-56,9-77,2-65 Coleman 275 appreciation syndicate member #0004 ICCC #1262
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #19
Frank appreciation syndicate member #9
Bouncing between California and Washington....
Stovie
Serious Colemanaholic

fired up a heater for my wife.....

Post by Stovie »

Sometimes, it seems like those sort of chilly & rainy days that seem to be worse (inside a home) than the brutal cold days. Just warm enough where the furnace might not run as often as it otherwise might.
I always give 100% at work. 20% on Monday, 20% on Tuesday, etc
TwoCanoes
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by TwoCanoes »

Majicwrench wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:18 am My wife has a conference call...gonna take an hour....she's cold (always)
Deanofid wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:44 am Oh man, I understand the "being cold all the time" thing, Keith. Since the heart problems, I can't get warm enough during the winter months.
Hey, we've got an inch of snow and it's coming down. How are things in the next state over?
My wife's always cold, too, and since my heart surgery, I can't stay warm either. We're taking a different approach, though. We're going to install solar panels and then use electric space heaters to bump up the temperature in a couple of critical rooms in the house.
Dean: We got into some serious snow on a drive to Walla Walla yesterday. So here in the next state over, we're on the cusp of winter.
Stewart in
Eastern Washington State
Majicwrench
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Majicwrench »

Sure enough, the hot flash passed and she came and snared the Tilley from me :)

Dean, we've got an inch or so of wet snow down here, up the end of the FS road we are on --2 miles-- more like 3-4. So winter is coming.

Stay warm.
Keith
brucesheehe
Super Colemanaholic
Title: ECCENTRIC BLOCKHEAD

Post by brucesheehe »

After a long Winter, Spring arrived.

My wife was in the garden, bending over, and planting some tulip bulbs.

I noticed she gained some weight over the Winter, and I commented - "Honey, your backside is getting as wide as our Weber gas grill". She didn't say anything.

A few days later, I approached her and asked her if she wanted to go to bed early and "get friendly" with me.

She said, "If you think I am going to fire up my gas grill for one little frankfurter, you are sorely mistaken".
Bruce Sheehe, aka ECCENTRIC BLOCKHEAD
ICCC #889 - Connoisseur of Time, Friends, Leisure, & Coleman   Altoona, PA - The Mountain City - Near The Eastern USA Continental Divide
Gunhippie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Gunhippie »

Title reminds me--'though of course Bruce beat me to the punch--of another lame joke.

Two fellows sipping coffee at the counter. One says to the other: "I got a new truck for my wife".

The other replies: "Good trade!"
It's priceless until someone puts a price on it.
Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you criticize him--then you're a mile away, and he has no shoes.
Texan's last words: "Y'all--hold my beer--I wanta' try sumptin'."
Timm--Middle of nowhere, near the end of the road, Oregon.
BSAGuy
Super Colemanaholic

Post by BSAGuy »

You threw her a fastball?
- Courtenay
Be Prepared