Any Lionel train people out there?(sold)

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
1freshfind

Any Lionel train people out there?(sold)

Post by 1freshfind »

I found this and I know very little about Lionel trains other than some are fairly collectable. If anyone wants to share some info please chime in. Thanks. I have no intention of keeping it so if anyone is interested let me know. I like trades.

Last edited by 1freshfind on Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
William
74HARLEY
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Any Lionel train people out there?

Post by 74HARLEY »

It appears to be from the 1980s or newer. More of an entry level set, but a good starting point.
Do you have the rest of the accessories to go with it?
Joe
looking for 200a 11-56,9-77,2-65 Coleman 275 appreciation syndicate member #0004 ICCC #1262
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #19
Frank appreciation syndicate member #9
Bouncing between California and Washington....
1freshfind

Post by 1freshfind »

This is everything it came with other than about 10 other curved track pieces. Was in a box of juck from a thrift store. I figured Someone might want it. I also figured if nobody wanted it then I would just leave it on my shelf but I over estimated the length of my shelves and am not going to hunt one down just for this.
William
Coldwaterpaddler
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Coldwaterpaddler »

I have a bunch of Lionel stuff, but not looking to get any more of it. Does the loco have the smoke option, that is, does it have a heater for the lamp oil you can put in it, so that it puffs out smoke? That's always a fun feature. Also, does the tender have the whistle option? People might ask about these things if you're looking to sell it. If the loco is die cast then I have a black-painted version of it.
Stovie-Steve
"Don't let the weather run your life" - Steve
The Coleman Blues - #95
BSAGuy
Super Colemanaholic

Post by BSAGuy »

Put it up on Craigslist or OfferUp for $100. Somebody will buy it.
- Courtenay
Be Prepared
1freshfind

Post by 1freshfind »

Coldwaterpaddler wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:42 pm I have a bunch of Lionel stuff, but not looking to get any more of it. Does the loco have the smoke option, that is, does it have a heater for the lamp oil you can put in it, so that it puffs out smoke? That's always a fun feature. Also, does the tender have the whistle option? People might ask about these things if you're looking to sell it. If the loco is die cast then I have a black-painted version of it.
Thankls for the info.
I think it is die cast. It is heavy. It has the smoke option.

The tender has a speaker and connects to the locomotive so I assume it whistles.
William
BSAGuy
Super Colemanaholic

Post by BSAGuy »

I do a lot with Lionel stuff. Have been at it for 28 years or so. That's definitely a modern set. I know you weren't thinking it was rare or super valuable. The modern stuff in above average condition and running is about $100 as I wrote earlier.

Like any collectible, the stuff that brings the big bucks is older (Lionel has been making trains for over 100 years) and in pristine condition with original box and any related accessories such as instruction sheets, etc.
- Courtenay
Be Prepared
1freshfind

Post by 1freshfind »

BSAGuy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:19 am I do a lot with Lionel stuff. Have been at it for 28 years or so. That's definitely a modern set. I know you weren't thinking it was rare or super valuable. The modern stuff in above average condition and running is about $100 as I wrote earlier.

Like any collectible, the stuff that brings the big bucks is older (Lionel has been making trains for over 100 years) and in pristine condition with original box and any related accessories such as instruction sheets, etc.
Thanks for the great info and valuation! I figured it was relatively modern but I have no clue about valuation. I will say that I am about ready to not sell on offerup or craigslist anymore. I like buying there but I have had problems selling. Mainly people not showing up. Lately I would rather pay the bay fees. Thanks Again!
William
1freshfind

Re: Any Lionel train people out there?(sold)

Post by 1freshfind »

This is sold
William