Got rid of my wallet today

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
WYSIWYG
Super Colemanaholic

Got rid of my wallet today

Post by WYSIWYG »

I am the proud owner of a XSTO hard card case. It's kinda cool I'm spending time learning how to effortlessly slide the cards out and select the one I want. I was getting really tired of replacing my cards because they split in half or the mag strips are gone from the back. Hopefully this will solve my problem. But I noticed something right off. as I headed out of the house, I checked my pockets, keys, check phone, check wallet, gone back pocket is empty. This new one lives in the front pocket. So no lump to sit on while I drive.
It is rather compact, about the size of a Altoids tin.
IMG_20211124_161055550.jpg
IMG_20211124_161120646.jpg

Plenty of youtube videos about them if your interested
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by WYSIWYG on Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John        
One in every public place...

ICCC #1338    IDITOS  #3704 559
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate. Member #0059
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #004
Member of CCF  Chromostereopsis  Club
Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Got rid of my wallet today

Post by Kgam1020 »

Nice John, I love my slim wallet made by Trove. Got rid of the trifold a few years ago.
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020 
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1020
Gunhippie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Gunhippie »

I'm keeping the eel skin tri-fold! Much more goes into my wallet than cards, and yes, my back hurts. Probably not the wallet, so much....
It's priceless until someone puts a price on it.
Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you criticize him--then you're a mile away, and he has no shoes.
Texan's last words: "Y'all--hold my beer--I wanta' try sumptin'."
Timm--Middle of nowhere, near the end of the road, Oregon.
Rubing
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Rubing »

I haven’t carried a wallet for 30 years, only a money clip and an ATM card. My wallet resides in my truck console. If I think I need ID or another card before going into an establishment I grab it.
ICCC # 1402
justjay

Post by justjay »

Carry whatever you want just put it in your front pocket instead of your back pocket. Helped with back pain doing that a while back...harder for overseas pick pockets to pilfer up front too..
- Jay
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

I’ve moved from bi-fold to cowboy/western style bi-fold wallet and don’t regret it.
~Pancho~ :cf_howdyhat:

ICCC MEMBER #: 1993
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

I've been carrying a wallet like Pancho describes ever since Wells Fargo was selling then (for cheap) as checkbooks. (checks are long gone..) I stopped carrying in my back pocket decades ago as it got fat, and was messing me up...

For the cards, I keep them all with an old business card between each one, so the mag stripe doesn't get destroyed by another card. That stack is in an aluminum foil "folder" I made to defeat the scanners. Not had a card "get stolen": since.... The folder is slightly oversize so the edges close up on the cads.
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 
Coleman Blue's 243's #341 - 275 Appreciation Syndicate member 0242
FAS #001 Confusing Future Generations of Collectors, One Lantern at a Time!

“A Human Being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, give orders, take orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook  a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.  Specialization is for insects.”            - Lazarus Long

campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Post by campinut »

I have been keeping my bifold wallet in my front pocket, for years now. It was an adjustment but it becomes easy over time. Might have to look into those soon. Are they sealed from the clothes washer?..🤪😂🤫..Russ
Like a moth at night, I am attracted to the light!..7/7/1964...Russ, from Missouri..
burnt bacon
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by burnt bacon »

justjay wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 am Carry whatever you want just put it in your front pocket instead of your back pocket. Helped with back pain doing that a while back...
Word. I traveled home once, six hour ride sitting on a thick wallet. Pretty much recovered 6 months later... :o
Stovie at heart...