Thanksgiving dinner?

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
arizonacamper
Super Colemanaholic

Thanksgiving dinner?

Post by arizonacamper »

Ok who's cooking something different (and delicious) for Thanksgiving dinner? I'm smoking a brisket with garlic mashed potatoes (real potatoes not instant) and green bean casserole. Wife decided that since my son and his family are going to Glamis dunes and my daughter does not like turkey as of this month that we do something different.
Shawn
Shawn
"The truth is that most of us don't know what direction we are going until we arrive there."
"I'm not the friend you will hear from everyday but I'm the friend you can call on anyday."
"Young enough to know I can
Old enough to know I shouldn't
Stupid enough to do it anyway!"
Coleman Quicklite crew #54
Coleman blues 243 #147
Coleman 275 appreciation #74
Milspec syndicate #39
I.C.C.C. #2043

Looking for any lanterns or stoves dated 5/63 or 1/72
burnt bacon
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: Thanksgiving dinner?

Post by burnt bacon »

Sounds great.

Instead of my usual pumpkin and cranberry pies, ran across a recipe for cranberry cake. Very simple to do, curiosity in how it turns out got the better of me.
Stovie at heart...
WYSIWYG
Super Colemanaholic

Post by WYSIWYG »

There is a large leg from a dead pig in the garage refrigerator, I suppose I'll eat that.
John        
One in every public place...

ICCC #1338    IDITOS  #3704 559
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate. Member #0059
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #004
Member of CCF  Chromostereopsis  Club
Daryl22

Post by Daryl22 »

Thinking about 50,000 Edison power customers here in SoCal will be making menu changes due to having electricity being shut off due to high winds. No power no oven.
Daryl sunny SoCal
No.3 KampKook appreciation #5
BenzOmatic Appreciation Club
Coldwaterpaddler
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Coldwaterpaddler »

We like to continue traditions for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so turkey and potatoes and stuffing and crabberry sauce and pumpkin pie, however, my daughter in law has begun making home made mac and cheese for Thanksgiving Dinner, so that's something new.
Stovie-Steve
"Don't let the weather run your life" - Steve
The Coleman Blues - #95
Sierra_Roadrunner
Colemanaholic

Post by Sierra_Roadrunner »

arizonacamper wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:57 pm Ok who's cooking something different (and delicious) for Thanksgiving dinner? I'm smoking a brisket with garlic mashed potatoes (real potatoes not instant) and green bean casserole. Wife decided that since my son and his family are going to Glamis dunes and my daughter does not like turkey as of this month that we do something different.
Shawn
Since you asked Shawn;
We put off our traditional Thanksgiving Banquet until tomorrow as my daughter and son in law, with the grand kids, are going over to the in laws for the big feast today. One grand son doesn't want to put up with the in laws so he's at our house. He is a big time Sloppy Joe connoisseur so we're going to do Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake in the Dutch Oven. Fresh Garden salad and country fries on the side.
For inquiring minds the recipe is in the book; Camp Cooking - 100 Years published by The National Museum of Forest Service History.
Joe
ICCC# 1893

" Curiosity is natural to the soul of man and interesting objects have a profound influence on our affections." - Daniel Boone
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Same ole same here this year. Fried turkey, baked ham and all the fixins

Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
Gunhippie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Gunhippie »

Daryl22 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:58 pm Thinking about 50,000 Edison power customers here in SoCal will be making menu changes due to having electricity being shut off due to high winds. No power no oven.

Nope, don't have that problem. We had a big "Orphan's Thanksgiving" dinner once at a local tavern. Everyone brought their own food and was going to cook it in the electric commercial kitchen, but the power went out just as everyone got started. Fifteen minutes later, everyone had run home and grabbed their campstoves and lanterns an dinner was served on time. Coleman to the rescue again!

I'll be going over to a friend's house for dinner--standing Prime rib roast in the Trager. Yum! The beef is locally grown, so we can actually get the Prime cut, and it only costs an arm or a leg, not both.
It's priceless until someone puts a price on it.
Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you criticize him--then you're a mile away, and he has no shoes.
Texan's last words: "Y'all--hold my beer--I wanta' try sumptin'."
Timm--Middle of nowhere, near the end of the road, Oregon.
Jeepstircrazy
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

WYSIWYG wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:33 pm There is a large leg from a dead pig in the garage refrigerator, I suppose I'll eat that.
I'm still chuckling .... :lol:
Wayne signing off...

What's the lowest you'll take for this lantern?                                                

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

"I'm not sure if I actually have freetime or if I just keep forgetting stuff!"
( Thanks for that one Uncle Sidney!) :D

And oh... I don't flip GPA's... I have gifted several though. :D
Cajuncook1
Colemanaholic

Post by Cajuncook1 »

In laws wanted Chicken, sausage, tasso, and okra gumbo
Cheers,

David

Aka

Cajuncook1

ICCC member 2053
Mil-Spec Ops #1203

:cf_beercheers:

A Cajun transplanted in Texas
mksmth
Super Colemanaholic

Post by mksmth »

Thanksgiving dinner for us is tomorrow and then again Saturday. We had breaded chicken sandwiches and tator tots for dinner today. Was going to do ribs but got busy and forget to start them in time.
Mike
ICCC #2030
Coleman quick lite crew #51
275 syndicate #0429
Love flathead Ford's, tropical plants and Coleman lantern.