Something look wrong?

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
Huntaholic

Something look wrong?

Post by Huntaholic »

M114171

Re: Something look wrong?

Post by M114171 »

To my USA eyeballs it looks like the valve is clocked wrong by 180°. That's the normal Canadian clocking, correct?
Matt
Huntaholic

Post by Huntaholic »

That was my question.
Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

Yeah it looks like the valve has been removed and wasn’t clocked right. You can see it isn’t even centered between the fuel cap and pump. Nice piece though!
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020
The Coleman Blues 243 #1020 
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1020
74HARLEY
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 74HARLEY »

The only thing I can see wrong is the shipping cost...
Joe
looking for 200a 11-56,9-77,2-65 Coleman 275 appreciation syndicate member #0004 ICCC #1262
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #19
Frank appreciation syndicate member #9
Bouncing between California and Washington....
Huntaholic

Post by Huntaholic »

LOL well the shipping can be dealt with. I will be in Ontario in a couple weeks and I can have stuff shipped to the location I will be in.
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

Huntaholic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:40 pm LOL well the shipping can be dealt with. I will be in Ontario in a couple weeks and I can have stuff shipped to the location I will be in.
I’m guessing that seller is actually Canada based but drives over the bridge to ship or they are a savage picker who crosses the border regularly into Canada.
They’re pretty much shipping from just across the border in NY, 3 miles into the US from Ontario.
Shipping is $18.50 to me but I’m 162 miles away.
They typically have nice Canadian lanterns for sale but y’all seem to like to pay to much 🤪.
Thank you!
Kevin

(The Dude from Rottenchester)

To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

After awhile, you can work on points for style!

ICCC # 1865
Huntaholic

Post by Huntaholic »

Whitegas Extraordinaire wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:56 pm
Huntaholic wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:40 pm LOL well the shipping can be dealt with. I will be in Ontario in a couple weeks and I can have stuff shipped to the location I will be in.
I’m guessing that seller is actually Canada based but drives over the bridge to ship or they are a savage picker who crosses the border regularly into Canada.
They’re pretty much shipping from just across the border in NY, 3 miles into the US from Ontario.
Shipping is $18.50 to me but I’m 162 miles away.
They typically have nice Canadian lanterns for sale but y’all seem to like to pay to much 🤪.
LOL well I havent bought it yet and I dont think I will. I do have 3 already waiting for me in Ontario and I certainly didnt pay too much for them, they are free! LOL. Im planning on taking 4 good working black collar 220s with me to gladly trade for old worn out nickel ones. Wish me luck!
Jeepstircrazy
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

What's wrong is that I am 30 miles from Wellesley Island and it is on the US side. I should have found that not him! Already have one but the one on the bay is a beauty! Sometimes living on the border does have it's benefits! But not in winter!
Wayne signing off...

What's the lowest you'll take for this lantern?                                                

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

Proud to be an American! Let’s keep it the “ Land of the Free”!
Northman49
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Northman49 »

Yeah.. the clocking is wrong. Cannot be corrected...pass on it please. :roll:
She was only a moonshiner's daughter, but I loved her still.

I keep my tools sharp...but my mind sharper!
  Ed
                 ICCC no.1880
                 CANADIAN BLUES Member #023

Mil-spec ops #1982
Ridge Runner
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Ridge Runner »

Northman49 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:24 am Yeah.. the clocking is wrong. Cannot be corrected...pass on it please. :roll:
Agreed, Ed--definitely not worth gambling with this one...steer clear fellas! :D
— L.J.
In the foothills of the Berkshires, Western Massachusetts

Wanted: Anything January 1925 from the U.S.
Visit the Coleman Blues 243's Current Membership
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #1980
I love the smell of naphtha in the morning!
"Ain’t no need to watch where I’m goin’; just need to know where I’ve been" -Tow Mater
Brightlight

Post by Brightlight »

That seller notoriously over restores many of the lanterns he sells. Lots of polished brass founts and no disclosure that they were previously nickel plated. He’s been around since before the days of The Goose but newbies continue to buy his pretty wares. Caveat Emptor!
Cole M.
:geek:
M114171

Post by M114171 »

Why is it the clocking cannot be changed?
Matt
Newfie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Newfie »

#1 - this is a live auction. Links to live auctions shouldn't be posted.

#2 - That's actually clocked correctly. The 335 was clocked that way in the first months of release.
Shane Looking for the following Canadian birthday lanterns or lamps: 2-32, 6-34,
Huntaholic

Post by Huntaholic »

Newfie wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:07 pm #1 - this is a live auction. Links to live auctions shouldn't be posted.

#2 - That's actually clocked correctly. The 335 was clocked that way in the first months of release.
Have a mod or somebody delete it then, don't matter to me, I got the answer I was looking for. Geez. It doesn't take much to twist panties around this place.
Newfie
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Newfie »

No panties being twisted but not posting live auctions is clearly laid out in the list of CCF guidelines and rules.

viewtopic.php?f=1

Someone on here might be bidding on it and if it's posted it could bring attention to other buyers thereby increasing the cost for anyone currently bidding on it.

Huntaholic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:10 pm
Newfie wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:07 pm #1 - this is a live auction. Links to live auctions shouldn't be posted.

Have a mod or somebody delete it then, don't matter to me, I got the answer I was looking for. Geez. It doesn't take much to twist panties around this place.
Shane Looking for the following Canadian birthday lanterns or lamps: 2-32, 6-34,
Huntaholic

Post by Huntaholic »

I get it, I really do. And I for dang sure aint looking to help anybodys auction prices go up. Heck most of the lantern collectors Ive met in person find their stuff for 50 cents at a yard sale being sold by some old blind woman in the rain So im quite certain they aren't going to be paying 100 bucks for one off fleabay! Some of us that are new to the game however have to do what we have to do to get a good piece, I.E. I bought my birthday lantern off fleabay because life is too short to WAIT FOREVER for the right one to come along. Another good thing about posting it here, in case you didn't notice, is that another member actually recognized the seller and gave an honest report on it, potentially saving some of us from getting taken advantage of in our newness and ignorance. Like I said, get a mod to delete it if it bothers you, Im not going to.
Whitegas Extraordinaire
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Whitegas Extraordinaire »

Huntaholic wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:38 pm I get it, I really do. And I for dang sure aint looking to help anybodys auction prices go up. Heck most of the lantern collectors Ive met in person find their stuff for 50 cents at a yard sale being sold by some old blind woman in the rain So im quite certain they aren't going to be paying 100 bucks for one off fleabay! Some of us that are new to the game however have to do what we have to do to get a good piece, I.E. I bought my birthday lantern off fleabay because life is too short to WAIT FOREVER for the right one to come along. Another good thing about posting it here, in case you didn't notice, is that another member actually recognized the seller and gave an honest report on it, potentially saving some of us from getting taken advantage of in our newness and ignorance. Like I said, get a mod to delete it if it bothers you, Im not going to.
Screen shot a pic after you pull your panties out of your....
Thank you!
Kevin

(The Dude from Rottenchester)

To me a lamp without a shade is creepy!

After awhile, you can work on points for style!

ICCC # 1865
Lines

Post by Lines »

Wow!
Robert
Looking for 10/59 lantern or fount for rebuilder.
Prefer a 228E, but not that set on it.