(OT) Building a small humidor box

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
Moses_Yoder
Serious Colemanaholic

(OT) Building a small humidor box

Post by Moses_Yoder »

I am just in the beginning stages, the imagining part, of building a small humidor box for the former COO of our company that retired this spring. He is a cigar aficionado and often gave me cigars, I considered that my bonus. He never did that for anyone else in the shop. I will work on designing this while I finish the coffee stand. Wondering if anyone here has built one. It will be lined with Spanish cedar, I have a local source. I am planning birdseye maple sides with walnut trim and walnut burl veneer top. I need to find some method of humidifying it that is practical and not messy and then also a good humidity gauge to inset into the top that can be read on the outside. Any tips, tricks or ideas would be appreciated.
Moses D Yoder/Mose/Mo/Nasti /Smokin' Mo
Sears Syndicate # 651 / 275 Appreciation Syndicate #159 / Slant Saver #22
Psalm 97:11 Light shines on the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.

Bob1774
Super Colemanaholic

Re: (OT) Building a small humidor box

Post by Bob1774 »

Moses,
Check out this video for to see a humidor being made. Quite a craftsman.
If you Google "humidor plans," there are lots on the web. You have the skills to make whatever you want, but can see some other's ideas.

I have pretty minimal woodworking skills, but made a jewelry box for my granddaughter one year from walnut on our farm. Cut the boards, stick dried, sized, planed and joined it all together. I don't remember how many days it took, but it was a labor of love. She just took it with her to her first year of college.

Bob