What did you do in your shop today?

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
Northman49
Serious Colemanaholic

Re: What did you do in your shop today?

Post by Northman49 »

Do you make the generator nuts also?
She was only a moonshiner's daughter, but I loved her still.

I keep my tools sharp...but my mind sharper!
  Ed
                 ICCC no.1880
                 CANADIAN BLUES Member #023

Mil-spec ops #1982
rob_pontius
Super Colemanaholic

Post by rob_pontius »

You're definitely a master of your craft Dean.
Rob
Deanofid

Post by Deanofid »

Northman49 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:49 am Do you make the generator nuts also?
Yep.
rob_pontius wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:07 am You're definitely a master of your craft Dean.
Very kind of you, Rob. Thx.
Tgarner01 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:45 am Dean do you build your gas tips as well?
Yep.
Toby, I'll check with Mike on the gas tips. I sell to him, and don't compete with him for sales of the same items I sell him.

Dean
Dean -Midnight Kerosene Ritualist--Deans Machine:  Deansmachine.com  
ICCC #1220.   275 commiseration #0018.
"In Him was life, and His life was the Light of men."  John 1:4
austin65uri
Super Colemanaholic

Post by austin65uri »

Just troubleshooting a CEL fault on my wife's 2000 Mazda Miata.
"Misfire on cylinder 4". Sounds easy enough. Maybe not! So many possible causes.
Going down the list eliminating the easy ones. Plugs, wires, ignition packs, fuel injector, vacuum leak, compression, etc.
Fun, sure, but rather be working on GPA's!
mazda 2.jpg
mazda 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill.
ICCC#1601
"Small earth, big universe!"
Rhubarb
Serious Colemanaholic
Title: The Pie Plant

Post by Rhubarb »

B-I_L and I lifted a tub off of a Scout II a few days ago, not IN the shop, but just next to it.

https://youtu.be/hHD1zfA58YM
  Image- Andy
Deanofid

Post by Deanofid »

Tgarner01 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:45 am Dean do you build your gas tips as well? Or have a source? I'd like to buy some 4/48 0.008 size tips. Mike is out.
Toby, I checked the OCP website and Mike does have 5 new gas tips for Q99 gens.
Link:
https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/product ... at=&page=1
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Deanofid wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:40 am
Tgarner01 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:45 am Dean do you build your gas tips as well? Or have a source? I'd like to buy some 4/48 0.008 size tips. Mike is out.
Toby, I checked the OCP website and Mike does have 5 new gas tips for Q99 gens.
Link:
https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/product ... at=&page=1
Thank you Dean! I just placed an order, but I will get them the next go around... Better start cranking out some more 😉
Toby Garner, from SW Missouri
ICCC #1939
Deanofid

Post by Deanofid »

I be crankin'. I be crankin' like crazy.
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Made some progress on my Table saw project.
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 
Coleman Blue's 243's #341 - 275 Appreciation Syndicate member 0242
FAS #001 Confusing Future Generations of Collectors, One Lantern at a Time!

“A Human Being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, give orders, take orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook  a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.  Specialization is for insects.”            - Lazarus Long

D421
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by D421 »

Dean
I don't want any trade secrets but I always wondered how are the holes put in the gas tips? I can't think a drill bit that small would work. Do you drill a bigger hole the swage it smaller?
Dominic
Everyone likes the dog catcher...until they catch your dog.
ICCC #1992
74HARLEY
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 74HARLEY »

Just some mild cleaning after the exodus of stoves and lanterns on Friday.
Joe
looking for 200a 11-56,9-77,2-65 Coleman 275 appreciation syndicate member #0004 ICCC #1262
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #19
Frank appreciation syndicate member #9
Deanofid

Post by Deanofid »

D421 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:33 am Dean
I don't want any trade secrets but I always wondered how are the holes put in the gas tips? I can't think a drill bit that small would work. Do you drill a bigger hole the swage it smaller?
Dominic, I do drill some gas tips, and I have a very accurate high speed lathe for doing that. I also have drill bits that go down to .004", but the most popular size I keep is .008". When I make generators that have to use a pricker, I use the drills. When I make the Q99s and others that don't have a pricker, like Arc gens, I use a tiny bushing that has the proper sized hole laser drilled in it, and press it in to the gas tip.
The non-pricker generator tips are made differently inside than those that have a pricker in them. In tips that have a pricker, such as Kamplite gens or IL323 gens, I have to actually drill out those tiny holes, because if I use the bushing method on them, the inside of the tiny bushing catches on the pricker wire and bends it. So I have a special tool for making gas tips that have a pricker in the gen. It tapers the inside hole in the gas tip, and then I drill the .008" orifice hole, so the pricker wire has sort of a "guide" to get it into the orifice without it getting bent.
Those little .008" drills are $12 each, and only come in packs of 10. I get about 15-20 orifices out of each drill before they break. I don't use them if I don't have to because of the high failure rate.
D421
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by D421 »

Deanofid wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:18 pm
D421 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:33 am Dean
Dominic, I do drill some gas tips, and I have a very accurate high speed lathe for doing that. I also have drill bits that go down to .004", but the most popular size I keep is .008". When I make generators that have to use a pricker, I use the drills. When I make the Q99s and others that don't have a pricker, like Arc gens, I use a tiny bushing that has the proper sized hole laser drilled in it, and press it in to the gas tip.
The non-pricker generator tips are made differently inside than those that have a pricker in them. In tips that have a pricker, such as Kamplite gens or IL323 gens, I have to actually drill out those tiny holes, because if I use the bushing method on them, the inside of the tiny bushing catches on the pricker wire and bends it. So I have a special tool for making gas tips that have a pricker in the gen. It tapers the inside hole in the gas tip, and then I drill the .008" orifice hole, so the pricker wire has sort of a "guide" to get it into the orifice without it getting bent.
Those little .008" drills are $12 each, and only come in packs of 10. I get about 15-20 orifices out of each drill before they break. I don't use them if I don't have to because of the high failure rate.
Dean, thanks for the detailed answer. I have looked at generator tips for years and wondered about the tiny hole. I consider myself a very good gun repairman and a very poor gunsmith. When it look at things I always wonder how did they make that. I kind of think you work to cheap but keep it up.
Dominic
ICCC #1992
49tandc

Post by 49tandc »

Bought a HF 1000 LB Hydraulic cart (25% off) over the weekend. Today I added a larger piece of 3/4" plywood so it would hold lawnmower/tiller//pressure washers/gene's better. Works great. Much better getting the machinery up to my level so at 72, I do not have to go on the floor to service such things. I can sit on a stool with tool cart beside me and not have to get up.down all the time. Everyone should have one of these. Also tried Pine-Sol in the ultrasonic cleaner for carbs & stuff. Works really well.
49T&C
Hot_Diggity
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Hot_Diggity »

I got a late Christmas gift from the BG distributor. Enough to preserve 60 gallons of gasoline. (I've tested this stuff out to 80 months and the gas ran just fine in my car.)
82697-8ab3c4b68acd836096d043e11b38cc66.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chuck, 3/61, ICCC 1689
Milspec Syndicate #510
Coleman 275 Appreciation Syndicate #0510
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #12
BernzOmatic Appreciation Club #510
Coleman Slant Saver #510
Frank Appreciation Syndicate Member #2
Tinker, Toy maker, Trash picker, Wickie, Lamp loon
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Had to replace a couple stepper motors and bulbs on a customer's GM cluster today... I normally give these a Toby rebuild, but this customer is a little tight in the money department. So he wanted to do what was necessary to get by I guess...

Looks like he's going to need an oil sending unit to get his oil gauge reading correctly.. But I bet he puts that off as well.

I enjoy doing these once in awhile just to get out of the dirt and grime.
ICCC #1939
rob_pontius
Super Colemanaholic

Post by rob_pontius »

Good ole Chevy and gmc trucks. I've had to do the same on 2 of mine. I even had to resolder the odometer connections on one of them. That's a common problem with them too. If the odometer doesn't light up, check the last solder joint on the pin.
Rob
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

rob_pontius wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:06 pm Good ole Chevy and gmc trucks. I've had to do the same on 2 of mine. I even had to resolder the odometer connections on one of them. That's a common problem with them too. If the odometer doesn't light up, check the last solder joint on the pin.
Rob if you have anymore issues with your led backlighting on your cluster resolder both sides of all these flat resistors. Very common issue on this vintage of GM products. A lot of heat for such little solder connections.

ICCC #1939
mksmth
Super Colemanaholic

Post by mksmth »

Man I'm just proud of myself for clearing out the gas tip on a q99 and Dean's just over there making the whole thing LOL.
Mike
ICCC #2030
Coleman quick lite crew #51
275 syndicate #0429
Love flathead Ford's, tropical plants and Coleman lantern.
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Tgarner01 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:00 pm
rob_pontius wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:06 pm Good ole Chevy and gmc trucks. I've had to do the same on 2 of mine. I even had to resolder the odometer connections on one of them. That's a common problem with them too. If the odometer doesn't light up, check the last solder joint on the pin.
Rob if you have anymore issues with your led backlighting on your cluster resolder both sides of all these flat resistors. Very common issue on this vintage of GM products. A lot of heat for such little solder connections.

You knw, once upon a time, mechanics got GREASY working on cars... Just Say'n! :mrgreen:
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 

“A Human Being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, give orders, take orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook  a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.  Specialization is for insects.”            - Lazarus Long

Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

outlawmws wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:24 pm
Tgarner01 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:00 pm

You knw, once upon a time, mechanics got GREASY working on cars... Just Say'n! :mrgreen:
How 1960 of you Outlaw 😉 I still get greasy from time to time... Mostly when a German built car or Dodge rolls in the shop 🤣
ICCC #1939
mksmth
Super Colemanaholic

Post by mksmth »

Tgarner01 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:35 pm

How 1960 of you Outlaw 😉 I still get greasy from time to time... Mostly when a German built car or Dodge rolls in the shop 🤣
[/quote]

come work on my 49 F1 if you want greasy LOL. I only get worried when its not leaking oil and grease.
Mike
ICCC #2030
Coleman quick lite crew #51
275 syndicate #0429
Love flathead Ford's, tropical plants and Coleman lantern.
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

mksmth wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:59 pm
Tgarner01 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:35 pm

come work on my 49 F1 if you want greasy LOL. I only get worried when its not leaking oil and grease.
[/quote]

When stuff stops leaking, start checking fluid levels? Been there 😁
ICCC #1939
williamlee111
Colemanaholic

Post by williamlee111 »

2D3E268D-7926-498A-B8B3-EA87FB71AE68.JPG
I thought I'd go back in time to this thread from last year. Today I'm going to start cleaning my lantern. I've had it for 15 years and decided it was about time I did something with it. It runs, but as you can see, the poor thing has had a rough life up to now. It's a 4-51, but looks more like 1851.
Not looking for anything. I have too much already, my wife says. 

Bill
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

o Disassembled the T-saw project AGAIN...
o Corrected the belt slot on the T-saw,
o Reassembled - NOW the belt Clears!
o took the old power cord/switch apart - the plug disinterested (one prong fell out...), the white line is crumbling apart - I think this is the ORIGINAL cord only two prongs so no ground (on the old stand I wasn't worried as long as I didn't touch the motor, as the rest was insulated from the motor by the wood stand...) - The switch also stopped working - (looks to be original from the 30's? Art Deco on the switch case...) The cord from the motor to the switch in fine and is three wire so probably from the 60's/early 70's (crown Craftsman logo) I need to verify its grounded inside the motor...
o I spent some time figuring out how and where I want the new switch and what kind to power the saw.

I'd like a mushroom head E-Stop switch, but those seem pretty iffy for inexpensive ones on line... I have a slap off toggle from an old Radial arm I scrapped, so how to do that?:

o I think I've settled on mounting the switch to the folding extension on the "front" side of the saw, and using an extension box for house it, then another extension box on that with a duplex receptacle.
o Power cord to the switch:
o Switch to the receptacle and
o The motor plugs into one receptacle.

This will also allow me to put the extension in the up position and still easily use the switch!

I need the two boxes, and a metal duplex cover (under $10)

The old parts - Plug was rock hard rubber, and the screw fell out that held one blade. the switch is now dead, (I used this saw and switch just recently...) and the white wire is just scary... (Black is still flexible as is the outer sheath? ):
old power cord.jpg

Back side of the old switch:
Back of old switch.jpg

The "New parts as I was deciding what to do for the power and switch:
New power cord.jpg

The Saw where I am now with the new belt ready to start cutting...:
T-Saw Progress.jpg

And the start of the "dust collection" (I need some plastic, and to sort out the vac hose connector...):

T-Saw dust Coll Progress.jpg
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 

Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

Wow Outlaw that is one heck of a table saw! Really cool.
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020 
gwillmot
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by gwillmot »

"What did you do in your shop today?"

When did I get a shop?
Still Crazy After All These Years

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mark 16:16

outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Thanks Ken, I like it because its small, and on this stand, even smaller!

I had 2 big 10" Craftsman T-saws, both on one stand I built, and bolted them together for "free" extensions; they had one extended fence slide, with one side for cutting, and the other for dado's and I used this one on its old stand for the ripping and finger jointing, and other small work, so after at least 5 years of non-use I sold the thing to recover space in the garage.

With a long piece of angle iron clamped to it, it works great for long rips and I used that setup to mill badly curved oak Pallet wood straight again. I'd have needed the long angle even on the big setup... It's not much bigger than a Dremel T-saw (top is only about 10X14), and the factory blade rating is 7" (but 7-1/4" blades fit fine) but it cuts close enough to as deep as the 10" as the arbor housing is small (2-1/4" depth vs 3-3/8) For what I do with it its fine.

Its only detraction IMO is the tilting table (I can live with it - I rarely cut angled cuts) and the blade arbor is a bit short, so the wobble dado blades don't fit. I stack 3 carbide blades (slightly staggered) and its 1/4" wide exactly, so that is my standard for my biggest finger joints.
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 

outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

GW, anything counts as a shop - even a kitchen table or counter if that's where you work on stuff. (Our kitchen counter has the best light of anyplace in our house during daylight...)
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 

florida_grown
Colemanaholic

Post by florida_grown »

My shop is my home garage, pulled out the boat kicker to keep it tip top for our march camping trip on the trimaran.
The 236 is currently under my chair as a heater.
And don't laugh at my tint, i started to remove it, then it got cold.waiting for it to warm back up to remove the rest (much easier warm).
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Got the power sorted on the T-Saw - This whole thing has been a "design in place", as many of my projects are. I'm satisfied with the result - the power switch is in reach with the side table (I guess its now a "front" table) up or down, the legs and supports don't interfere with the cords in use or movement. It's grounded finally, the cords and plug aren't rotting away and I think its actually quieter in this configurations that on the old wood stand:

The power parts (less the cord) - The switch is the "slap off" type (salvage from a Craftsman RA saw) and I wired the poles in parallel so it should last. It needed that rectangular hole do after layout I used the Nibbler to make it so.
Power Parts.jpg

The inner holes are for the switch, the outer to hold the first box on.

The second box houses the receptacle, and the black wire goes through the switch. the white neutral and ground goes right to the receptacle.

Switch done - Power ready (I even tested the receptacle with a polarity tester) its height here is perfect for tapping off with my knee if needed.
Side Table down.jpg

And in the Up position - still pretty handy
Side Table Up.jpg

And the Boxes Mounted:
Power Boxes.jpg
Still a ways to go to complete, but this was the big step. Now its belt guards and dust collection.
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 

D421
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by D421 »

New bone grips for a friend.
Dominic
ICCC #1992
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

D421 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:55 am Image

Dominic those are gorgeous!! Do you sell any of your work? I've got a flat top Ruger Blackhawk with the new XR3 grip frame that could use some of your work, as well as my wife's little Ruger Bearcat.. nice work BTW :cf_sign_goodjob:
ICCC #1939
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

That's just beautiful!
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 

D421
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by D421 »

[/quote]

Dominic those are gorgeous!! Do you sell any of your work? I've got a flat top Ruger Blackhawk with the new XR3 grip frame that could use some of your work, as well as my wife's little Ruger Bearcat.. nice work BTW :cf_sign_goodjob:
[/quote]

Toby
I think I sent you an email message. If you didn't get it let me know.
Dominic
ICCC #1992
Jeepstircrazy
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

Haven’t sliced my fingers up in almost a year so I decided to do a little
Knapping today. Waiting for some R55 generators so taking a GPS break...Gotta find the groove. White is flint, brown and black is mahogany obsidian, other two are Smokey obsidian.
Wayne signing off...

What's the lowest you'll take for this lantern?                                                

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

"I'm not sure if I actually have freetime or if I just keep forgetting stuff!"
( Thanks for that one Uncle Sidney!) :D

And oh... I don't flip GPA's... I have gifted several though. :D
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

I want to learn Knapping!

Cool stuff!
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 

Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

D421 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:33 pm
[/quote]

Toby
I think I sent you an email message. If you didn't get it let me know.
[/quote]

I got it Dominic, sent a reply a short time ago. Been busy in the shop the past couple days... This working for a living is for the birds...
ICCC #1939
Jeepstircrazy
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Jeepstircrazy »

outlawmws wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:49 pm I want to learn Knapping!

Cool stuff!
It is a blast! I spent the whole winter two years ago watching all of the YouTube videos on it I could. Then had to practice on glass till I could get to a Flint Knapping event at Letchworth State Park near Rochester. That’s where suppliers/ vendors and some amazing artisans come together. It’s fantastic. They have meetings like this all over if you want to go to one just google what you can for the nearest in your area. You won’t regret it. Lots of reenactors too. Great family fun, usually a camping event. Most of course were canceled last year unfortunately.
Wayne signing off...

What's the lowest you'll take for this lantern?                                                

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

"I'm not sure if I actually have freetime or if I just keep forgetting stuff!"
( Thanks for that one Uncle Sidney!) :D

And oh... I don't flip GPA's... I have gifted several though. :D
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

D421 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:55 am Image

That’s an amazing work. Those would look cool in a wrangler.
~Pancho~

ICCC MEMBER #: 1993
austin65uri
Super Colemanaholic

Post by austin65uri »

Put up a wall bracket so I could display my Estwing tools. Decided they are so aesthetically pleasing that I should take them out of the bottom drawer of my tool chest.
Bill.
ICCC#1601
"Small earth, big universe!"
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

Nice Estwing set!
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 

BrianBo

Post by BrianBo »

I have 5 gallons of homebrew bubbling away in the dining room. They say it should be dark, so I wrapped it in a coat. My wife named it “Bert”.
What’s the best chemical to clean the crud out of the bottles? I have a couple of weeks to get ready😃
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

BrianBo wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:28 am I have 5 gallons of homebrew bubbling away in the dining room. They say it should be dark, so I wrapped it in a coat. My wife named it “Bert”.
What’s the best chemical to clean the crud out of the bottles? I have a couple of weeks to get ready😃
Paging Timm!
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 

Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Dropped a socket in that hard to get to spot 😉

ICCC #1939
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

It might have been worth it to just buy a new socket.... :mrgreen:
[Logo%20Outlaw-half] 

Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

Tgarner01 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:22 am Dropped a socket in that hard to get to spot 😉

Those darn 10mm 🙄
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020 
Tgarner01
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Tgarner01 »

Found my socket this afternoon. Should be able to slip things back together tomorrow morning 😁

ICCC #1939
mcdugal2
Super Colemanaholic

Post by mcdugal2 »

Jeepstircrazy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:07 pm
outlawmws wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:49 pm I want to learn Knapping!

Cool stuff!
It is a blast! I spent the whole winter two years ago watching all of the YouTube videos on it I could. Then had to practice on glass till I could get to a Flint Knapping event at Letchworth State Park near Rochester. That’s where suppliers/ vendors and some amazing artisans come together. It’s fantastic. They have meetings like this all over if you want to go to one just google what you can for the nearest in your area. You won’t regret it. Lots of reenactors too. Great family fun, usually a camping event. Most of course were canceled last year unfortunately.
Have you seen this one yet?

Anyway I have to take apart and rebuild a Hydro Gear 310-0750 IHT from a Toro Wheelhorse 16-44 HXL Model 71196..
Phil Rhoades ICCC# 1125
The Coleman Blue's 243's. #035
"I'm a man, but I can Change, if I have to, I guess." - Red Green
outlawmws
Super Colemanaholic

Post by outlawmws »

So I got started on the AGM Kampkook 7 Tank I got from TwoCanoes (thanks again TC!) a week ago. Getting the cap off was job one as it was stuck fast.

I just started the disassembly - I got the pump/cap off with a 15" crescent in a vise, and a strap wrench on the tank - No damage, and dumped a pile of rust dust out (bone dry but an unmistakable smell of old gasoline)
Tank Grit.jpg

The tank inside actually doesn't look terrible so I have my fingers crossed there. Cleaning up the pump assembly after I got everything broke loose, and cleaned the first layer of gunge off the brass. Top part is amazingly clean, the inside part has verdigris on the tube. but this is just Phase one:

Before -
KK7 pump-cap before 1.jpg
KK7 pump-cap before 2.jpg

After - This was just with Greazoff and a tooth brush:
KK7 pump-cap After 1.jpg
KK7 pump-cap After 2.jpg

I was curious if the gasket was lead or something else - Apparently "Something Else" is as close as I'm getting? This is what came out, after careful wiping and looking at it under magnification and then careful probing followed by digging with the point of a knife:
KK7 pump-cap gasket 1.jpg
Its a past and I could find NO indication of fibers (Leather?) or any indication it was old rubber. It looked like caked grease more than anything else... Whatever it was, was decomposed...

The Seat (I'm not done yet...)
KK7 pump-cap gasket 2.jpg
[Logo%20Outlaw-half]