Another ebay craziness ad

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
Newfie
Super Colemanaholic

Another ebay craziness ad

Post by Newfie »

A common Canadian 200 came up as a sold listing when I searched ebay this morning.

I always dona daily search for sold stuff to see what deals I missed out on.

I noticed this also says reserve is not met. I don't what's crazier. Someone thinking they could get more than $800 US for this, or someone willing to pay it. Looks like both happened.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shane Looking for the following Canadian birthday lanterns or lamps: 2-32, 6-34,
JimL
Super Colemanaholic

Re: Another ebay craziness ad

Post by JimL »

That doesn't mean the person expects a sale, but could be trying to prove PT Barnum right, or his wife said to sell some lanterns so he's appeasing her by listing one that he doesn't want to part with at a price no sane person would pay. Either way, he's covered.
-Jim

Flammable liquids, open flame, what could go wrong?

Today's forecast calls for 100% chance of coffee!
stoves1234
Colemanaholic

Post by stoves1234 »

If someone actually paid that price that's a crazy number, even for NIB. When we collectors see prices like that we joke about getting rich selling some multiples off at inflated prices. However, as a collector that's in it for enjoyment and not profit I don't like to see those ridiculous prices.
Jim
Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

The prices on EBay have been nuts. I have my eye on a 200a in pretty nice shape, it’s a 12/55 my mother’s birthday. I unfortunately I doubt I’ll be able to afford it after people bid on it.
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020 
BSAGuy
Super Colemanaholic

Post by BSAGuy »

Well............................ that IS a really nice box!
- Courtenay
Be Prepared
campinut
Super Colemanaholic

Post by campinut »

Japan or bust!..😲🤣🙄😁..campinut
Like a moth at night, I am attracted to the light!..7/7/1964...Russ, from Missouri..
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

This was sold yesterday
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Pancho~

ICCC MEMBER #: 1993
MikeSchumacher

Post by MikeSchumacher »

I remarked about that Burgundy on another thread, it's my birthday lantern. I have one about as nice and I have a couple of boxes like that but how or why would anyone pay that! It kind of takes the fun out it if you start to think of lanterns as "investments" or are greeted by every antique store withteh" I saw one go on enay...."

IMHO, a burgundy 200A should not sell for more than a USFS or other older, rarer lanterns, but that's just my 2 cents.
Pancholoco1911
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Pancholoco1911 »

MikeSchumacher wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:02 am I remarked about that Burgundy on another thread, it's my birthday lantern. I have one about as nice and I have a couple of boxes like that but how or why would anyone pay that! It kind of takes the fun out it if you start to think of lanterns as "investments" or are greeted by every antique store withteh" I saw one go on enay...."

IMHO, a burgundy 200A should not sell for more than a USFS or other older, rarer lanterns, but that's just my 2 cents.

Scary prices these days.
~Pancho~

ICCC MEMBER #: 1993
Bumpkin_95
Serious Colemanaholic

Post by Bumpkin_95 »

I was watching that burg just because it was going so high just couldn’t believe it really. It was nice but not that nice
  • Lee
  • Milspec Syndicate member #1995
  • Like a lantern just hanging out
  • ICCC member #1927
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

About 30 something yrs ago I started bringing home lanterns and hammering nails into the rafters of my shed to hang them on. I remember people commenting and I think I was viewed as a little bit weird.
I am now vindicated, I am an investor with a "bright" future ahead of me.
Geoff
Kiwi
coolmancool

Post by coolmancool »

Good, Bad, or Ugly, The True Color Of E-Bay Is 💵 GREEN ! 🤑
Always remember, if we only save stuff & don't use the stuff , then were only Flaunting our stuff :cf_2cents: & Every Child Needs At Least 1 Fishing Rod 🏕 Howdy - Central Pa
williamlee111
Colemanaholic

Post by williamlee111 »

I've been watching those crazy ones lately. There are some people with deep pockets out there. Not many, but it only takes one to buy one lantern.
Not looking for anything. I have too much already, my wife says. 

Bill