FrankenStove Lives

Meet and greet members, general topics, show your stuff, recent/weekend finds.
Mudmasher

FrankenStove Lives

Post by Mudmasher »

Just couldn’t junk the ol 426,though in bad shape, and some spare time I didn’t have, I decided to take a stap at it. Had a new generator for it , so here we go. The old one was rebuildable but went with the new one..... of course I twisted off the new brass one when I installed it. To the drill press I go, drilled it out ,slathered JB weld and rigged it up in the vice and painters tape to keep it straight. Glass beaded the tank,primed and painted. Than the old rusted out case got some massaging with the cut-off wheel. Used a patina old Coleman fuel can , cut my pieces and pop rivets to snug it up. This is straight up Deere Camp functional stove , I’m sure I’ll blast and paint later but it lives !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You go to Hell, I’m going to Texas”-Davy Crockett
Vintageish
Colemanaholic

Re: FrankenStove Lives

Post by Vintageish »

The art of makin do meets function.
Success!
Purty colors. Well , cept'n maybe that brown when it's on fire...
74HARLEY
Super Colemanaholic

Post by 74HARLEY »

Good job!
Joe
looking for 200a 11-56,9-77,2-65 Coleman 275 appreciation syndicate member #0004 ICCC #1262
Coleman Quick Lite Crew #19
Frank appreciation syndicate member #9
Kgam1020
Super Colemanaholic

Post by Kgam1020 »

Nice!
Ken.
Looking for Bday lanterns, 10/83, 11/84 and 10/2011.
Milspec Syndicate member #1020 
Mudmasher

Post by Mudmasher »

I’m going to leave and preserve the patina like the Rat Rod people do. Don’t really understand how to retain the “Rust Look” but yet the rusting process needs to be....for a better word,Stopped.
Than clear coat it. I even found the Budman and sashsquash sticker on the interwebs that adorns the inner top
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“You go to Hell, I’m going to Texas”-Davy Crockett